The Student Room Group

One month to go, how do we feel?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ett11
I am also waiting for AS results with some horror, though less than I will be feeling next year. At the beginning of year 12, I think I was aiming for AAAA. Now I would be absolutely over the moon with BBBB but realise that there will probably be Cs and maybe a D in there too! My concern is predicted grades and having to show flopped AS results to universities with high A Level entry requirements.

I feel very similarly. I started the year thinking that AAAA would be easy, and now I'd be absolutely over the moon with BBBB. But like you say, I'm fully aware that I may well get BBCD:s-smilie: I'm so worried about applying to unis with poor AS grades, especially as I aim to go to a RG uni, they're so competitive
Original post by Cari98
Oh jeez that's a high offer to meet! Are you confident?

most russell group/ respectable/ private universities have there grades at BBB/ AAB/ AAA/ A*A*A*

then you drop to the polytech style so like Liverpool john moores, manchaster met who want BBC/BCC

then you have the eveyone unis who take CCC/ DDD that type of grade

My conditional offer for Edge Hill was BBB or 300 ucas
when you need a pick up give this a watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70
Reply 23
Original post by Cari98
I feel very similarly. I started the year thinking that AAAA would be easy, and now I'd be absolutely over the moon with BBBB. But like you say, I'm fully aware that I may well get BBCD:s-smilie: I'm so worried about applying to unis with poor AS grades, especially as I aim to go to a RG uni, they're so competitive

I'm in that exact same boat... it did not take me too long to realise that A*s at GCSE really don't equate to As at AS, though.

I am sort expecting something like BBCD-BCCD as well and would also like to go to an RG (or just "good" university, like UEA or Lancaster) for Law. I am very worried about having to give those grades to universities... and also about predicted grades, as the school have told us that we can't change them by hassling teachers. Sad.

Well, best of luck with your results! Let's get along with our smashing personal statements! :smile:
Original post by Cari98
They both want the same? That must be so much pressure! I'm sure you'll do great though! Where are you looking to go?

(btw I see you on TSR like legit every day ahaha:biggrin:)

Nottingham or Manchester ; not fussed which one I just wanna go to one and yeh I have no life hahaha :biggrin:
*screams*
:afraid::afraid::afraid::afraid::afraid:

Excited and nervous. I'm hoping I got an A in German AS :frown:
--
I promised myself if I get As in Philosohphy & German I will aim for A* next year, l m a o.
(edited 7 years ago)
I am feeling extremely apprehensive. I am really worried because there is a possibility that it has gone really well but I've more likely flopped them all. I can't believe it is only a month away!
Original post by thecho$enone
The thing is if I fail it just makes my long term life plan a little bit more complicated but overalI I think I should at least hit AAB.

yh i'm expecting those grades as well but theyre still considered good grades so try to just be pleased I guess and who knows you might have done better than you throught
Reply 29
The difference between the best and worse case scenario in some of my papers is like 15 marks. I really don't know what to expect for some of them which makes it worse!
Does being calm and nervous at the same time count? :tongue:
Original post by PhyM23
The difference between the best and worse case scenario in some of my papers is like 15 marks. I really don't know what to expect for some of them which makes it worse!

yh for stuff like english language I can't predict what i got as i don't get how the marking works like what counts as a good answer lol I'm scared
I have no idea on what I'm going to get. I revised so hard but if feel like I didn't do that well on most of my exams :frown:. Hopefully I just get into my uni and don't have to go into clearing. On results day I'll probably look at track before I collect my results so if I haven't got in I can cry at home and not cry at college. What's everyone else going to do?? Open results then track or track first?
I feel awful and I'm dreading it, but I kinda want it to hurry up! I have nothing to occupy myself though so the days drag on whilst my boyfriend spends 3 weeks away 😩 I'm trying to focus on eating well and losing weight but it's not working...😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just want it over with already so I can start planning for my firm or insurance
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
I have no idea on what I'm going to get. I revised so hard but if feel like I didn't do that well on most of my exams :frown:. Hopefully I just get into my uni and don't have to go into clearing. On results day I'll probably look at track before I collect my results so if I haven't got in I can cry at home and not cry at college. What's everyone else going to do?? Open results then track or track first?

I cried last year in school in front of everyone when getting my AS results cause I got a B instead of an A in one of m subjects so this year I will be sensible and check track first because my school won't let people go in till 9:30 so if i check track at 8 then i have a while to calm down and try and turn up looking happy and hopefully I will get into uni meaning I can just have an excited way to see what grades I got when they won't mean much if i get in but yh i don't wanna end up in clearing but then again so many people use clearing these days that i won't be the only one from my school using it and i think i have a few potential unis i could go to so yh as long as i go to some sort of uni then its all good
Original post by longsightdon
I just want it over with already so I can start planning for my firm or insurance

i know and my firm and insurance are both really different like one is campus and other one is in a massive city so its gonna be different things for each one hmm but exciting though and yh i want it to just be over with ; i can't handle this uncertainty
Original post by Imperion
Does being calm and nervous at the same time count? :tongue:

yh same like i know i haven't flopped but then i know i could still miss my offer given its high so I'm clam but also panicking a bit
Original post by fefssdf
I cried last year in school in front of everyone when getting my AS results cause I got a B instead of an A in one of m subjects so this year I will be sensible and check track first because my school won't let people go in till 9:30 so if i check track at 8 then i have a while to calm down and try and turn up looking happy and hopefully I will get into uni meaning I can just have an excited way to see what grades I got when they won't mean much if i get in but yh i don't wanna end up in clearing but then again so many people use clearing these days that i won't be the only one from my school using it and i think i have a few potential unis i could go to so yh as long as i go to some sort of uni then its all good

Lol same I got my results went straight to the car and cried bc I got an E in bio :biggrin:. I made sure that i went to college later than everyone else bc I didn't want anyone to ask my results.
Reply 39
I'm pretty much screwed and don't think I got A*AC :frown: Today, I opened up my email, to see that my firm had messaged me saying "Congratulations on receiving a conditional offer to study at Cardiff University" which made me a bit happy but a bit confused... then I read the next sentence " If you are still waiting for your results we know that this is an anxious time for you and your family. We wanted to wish you luck and also provide you with some useful tips on what to do once you know your results" :unimpressed:

Original post by Kwame502
Reading this in Sasuke's voice makes it even more reassuring

Reading this in L's voice makes it weird

Quick Reply

Latest