The Student Room Group

Can I apply to University of Toronto with these IGCSE grades?

I was looking at the UFT website and it says that outstanding GCSE/IGCSE grades can be used to apply for a place. I'm looking to study Economics and I'm predicted to get 9-10A*'s and a B (for Further Pure/Additional Maths). I've done some extra curricular work, for example attending the MUN, some work-experience and a couple of courses from UBC, MIT and ANU etc. I've listed what GCSE's I've done and what A Levels I'm going to do below:

GCSE's
Eng Lang + Lit
Maths + FP Maths
Biology/Chemistry/Physics
Geography
History
FrenchEconomics

AS:
Chemistry
Physics
Maths
Economics

I was hoping someone could tell me whether my GCSE predicted grades would be acceptable to UFT (that is, if those are what I actually get in the end!) to study Economics and whether I can leave for university in Year 12 or whether I should do the full A Level Course.
i suggest you do more research before thinking of applying to overseas unis. The process is not as clear cut but as an exceptional student, yes, you have every chance.
Original post by fksociety
i suggest you do more research before thinking of applying to overseas unis. The process is not as clear cut but as an exceptional student, yes, you have every chance.

Ah no, I have a Canadian passport. It's one of the reasons I'm thinking of going there
Original post by Daniyal_Ahmed
Ah no, I have a Canadian passport. It's one of the reasons I'm thinking of going there

Fair enough, do you live here? Im just saying because the process is more complicated.

GCSEs dont massively matter but you have proved to be very smart so youre fine. Just focus on a levels now.
Fair enough, do you live here? Im just saying because the process is more complicated.

GCSEs dont massively matter but you have proved to be very smart so youre fine. Just focus on a levels now.

I don't live in the UK currently. I was hoping to go to UFT after completing my AS Levels rather than the full 2 year course, would that be acceptable for them?
Have you contacted the university? It wouldn't hurt to email them, even at this early stage. I'm sorry I can't offer any help.
I don't live in the UK currently. I was hoping to go to UFT after completing my AS Levels rather than the full 2 year course, would that be acceptable for them?

No, not even a polytechnic here would accept that
No, not even a polytechnic here would accept that

When I was reading the requirements on the website it said that they would accept 4 AS Levels or 3 A Levels as a minimum, so that leaves me a bit confused! I don't think I'm going next year but I was wondering whether it was possible

Btw do you live in Toronto?
(edited 7 years ago)
When I was reading the requirements on the website it said that they would accept 4 AS Levels or 3 A Levels as a minimum, so that leaves me a bit confused! I don't think I'm going next year but I was wondering whether it was possible

Btw do you live in Toronto?

Did you apply with 4 As levels then?
I know a loaaad of people that go there with a lot *less impressive grades. Not to generalise but you’ll be fine. And Yeahh I hear the Canadian passport makes things a lot easier with both fees and admissions. Goodluck to you but I doubt you’ll need it
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest