The Student Room Group

What was your most unexpected A level result?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
awwwwwww stowwwwwwwwwwppppppp

Spoiler

That was salty of you.
Original post by Edminzodo
That was salty of you.

will someone pls inform me to what salty means in this context

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
will someone pls inform me to what salty means in this context

Spoiler

idk wut it meanz, just seemed appropri8
Original post by Edminzodo
idk wut it meanz, just seemed appropri8

Spoiler

:ssaw:
I managed to get a C (B,C and U- damn coursework) at AS Biology which was pretty good considering I hated the teachers so I didn't go to most lessons for 3-4 months before the exam and skipped the last lesson before both my exams...not recommended btw!
Reply 25
A* in physics. The biggest A2 exam we had, I thought I absolutely flopped it (I made a Hitler video..), and I was worried I might get a B overall even with a reasonable A (265 UMS) at AS. Instead that A2 exam went alright (87% UMS), and 98% UMS in the other exam with 85% UMS in the practical took me to 272 UMS at A2 to just manage it.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
A* in physics. The biggest A2 exam we had, I thought I absolutely flopped it (I made a Hitler video..), and I was worried I might get a B overall even with a reasonable A (265 UMS) at AS. Instead that A2 exam went alright (87% UMS), and 98% UMS in the other exam with 85% UMS in the practical took me to 272 UMS at A2 to just manage it.

:rofl: considered doing this for so many of my GCSE exams this year :lol:

Spoiler

getting 87 in M1 even though in every single class test and even the mock I was consistently getting D's and E's :biggrin: thank you edexcel for repeating a question i did the night before the exam
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

damnnnnnnn
Original post by smegsxo
I managed to get a C (B,C and U- damn coursework) at AS Biology which was pretty good considering I hated the teachers so I didn't go to most lessons for 3-4 months before the exam and skipped the last lesson before both my exams...not recommended btw!

thats not too bad ; I quit AS biology after getting a U in the mock and realising I didn't understand anything like literally just nope.
getting 90% in AS physics when i thoroughly calculated my marks and expected a mid-B at most
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tanyapotter
getting 90% at AS physics when i thoroughly calculated my marks and expected a mid-B at most

wow congrats ; are you expecting an A* now ?
Original post by fefssdf
wow congrats ; are you expecting an A* now ?

HELL NO once again, i'm expecting a mid-to-high B because, once again, i thought my exams all went really awfully. let's hope i'm wrong like i was last year, but i honestly don't think i am this time :frown:
Original post by tanyapotter
HELL NO once again, i'm expecting a mid-to-high B because, once again, i thought my exams all went really awfully. let's hope i'm wrong like i was last year, but i honestly don't think i am this time :frown:

hmmm I'm sure you'll get an A at least as if you got like 90% before then it makes it easy for A2
Original post by fefssdf
hmmm I'm sure you'll get an A at least as if you got like 90% before then it makes it easy for A2

i got 270/300 ums last year so this year i need to get 210/300 to get an A, but considering how much i ****ed up unit 5 and how easy everyone seemed to find both exams, i highly doubt i've done enough :frown: at least i know i've most likely met my offer.. (thank god for 4 a-levels and having something to fall back on)
I got As in my actual subjects, but what surprised me most was getting full UMS in AS General Studies, especially considering I made 50% of it up and wrote an essay about physics which I hadn't studied since GCSE!
Original post by Changing Skies
Good or bad, a lot of us have had a surprise on A level results day, so what was yours? :colone:

Mine was getting an A in A level English Literature. Totally unexpected considering I felt both my AS and A2 exams went horribly (thank you to whoever marked it :h:)

I also resat an AS Biology paper that I got a B for, saw my resit result on A2 results day and I'd somehow managed to get a D :rofl:

If you do worse in a resit, which mark do they take, the most recent mark or your best?
Getting 97 in c3 when I thought id get 90:O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
Good or bad, a lot of us have had a surprise on A level results day, so what was yours? :colone:

Mine was getting an A in A level English Literature. Totally unexpected considering I felt both my AS and A2 exams went horribly (thank you to whoever marked it :h:)

I also resat an AS Biology paper that I got a B for, saw my resit result on A2 results day and I'd somehow managed to get a D :rofl:

Got D in chem with 56%

Applied for retest, joked with the teacher it'd be really funny if i got like 1% more than last time
Got 1.5% for at 57.5% still s mother****ing D
and i'm sat here really awkward with this face.
Original post by timebent
Got D in chem with 56%

Applied for retest, joked with the teacher it'd be really funny if i got like 1% more than last time
Got 1.5% for at 57.5% still s mother****ing D
and i'm sat here really awkward with this face.

Hahahaha I laughed, nice one punch man reference;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest