The Student Room Group

I think my girlfriend is losing interest in me? Shall I say something?

Simple really, for a bit now I've began to feel like my girlfriend is losing interest in me, Ill bullet point below to save massive paragraphs.

We barely text any more. I understand that we are both at work during the day and her work place may be more strict on the phone policy than mine but I can literally be waiting all day for a text back yet she can be active on Facebook/Messenger etc.

She seems to have lost interest in sex. She was really nervous when we first had sex, after that she loved it & loved it for months and months, however now we barely have sex. I try to get her in the mood and I just feel like i'm wasting my time mostly. She just doesn't seem interested until she is in the mood.

Double standards. She is constantly on at me if I upload a photo to anywhere, picking up on who likes my photos regularly etc but yet she has 80 posts on Instagram alone & the majority are photos of her, albeit the photos aren't anything raunchy but she gets ALOT of attention. Now today I picked up on something on my Facebook timeline which got me thinking, she had tagged another lad in a video... doesn't sound so bad but if I was to tag a GIRL other than my girlfriend in a video on facebook regardless of my intentions there would be hell to pay.

Do I speak to her about if she still wants to be with me? Advice please.
Reply 1
even aside from the losing interest part, that last point is super controlling behaviour of her and you should definitely sort that out with her regardless.

Overall though she could just be genuinely busy, and people lose their sex drive for a bit all the time. Definitely talk to her about it but it might not be as bad as you think. Gotta fix that last point though
Reply 2
Original post by Farlan
even aside from the losing interest part, that last point is super controlling behaviour of her and you should definitely sort that out with her regardless.

Overall though she could just be genuinely busy, and people lose their sex drive for a bit all the time. Definitely talk to her about it but it might not be as bad as you think. Gotta fix that last point though

Thanks dude, gotta say I hope it's not as bad as I think! Genuinely have so much love for this girl but I can't stay in a relationship where I'm getting no love what so ever.

We rarely see each other now a days too, she's either busy working late at work or something else crops up.. in the week I kind of have to be understanding but on the weekend she asks to see me about 5/6ish on the evening and we literally get a few hours together at most..
How long has she been acting off with you?
Original post by Anonymous
Simple really, for a bit now I've began to feel like my girlfriend is losing interest in me, Ill bullet point below to save massive paragraphs.

We barely text any more. I understand that we are both at work during the day and her work place may be more strict on the phone policy than mine but I can literally be waiting all day for a text back yet she can be active on Facebook/Messenger etc.

She seems to have lost interest in sex. She was really nervous when we first had sex, after that she loved it & loved it for months and months, however now we barely have sex. I try to get her in the mood and I just feel like i'm wasting my time mostly. She just doesn't seem interested until she is in the mood.

Double standards. She is constantly on at me if I upload a photo to anywhere, picking up on who likes my photos regularly etc but yet she has 80 posts on Instagram alone & the majority are photos of her, albeit the photos aren't anything raunchy but she gets ALOT of attention. Now today I picked up on something on my Facebook timeline which got me thinking, she had tagged another lad in a video... doesn't sound so bad but if I was to tag a GIRL other than my girlfriend in a video on facebook regardless of my intentions there would be hell to pay.

Do I speak to her about if she still wants to be with me? Advice please.

Sounds controlling?

Well if the relationship felt great at one point, then it`s best to speak up and attempt to get things back to how they are!

Are you sure there aren`t other external factors which may explain her behaviour. Sometimes other issues (family, money, life issues hah) can make people more closed up...

I would speak to her openly and honestly how you feel and take it from there! :-D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending