The Student Room Group

Driving instructor will not turn on air conditioner in this heat

My driving instructor refuses to turn on the air con and this morning I was boiling in my driving lesson.
He told me to open the windows instead because he doesn't like the air con on because of pollution.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's absurd
He's cheap and stingy then. :biggrin: I would just park the car, get out, take the keys and leave, never getting in touch again, lool. Not recommending it to you though lol. :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by brent_
That's absurd

I was gonna sack him but I paid him up front
Reply 4
Saving fuel lol. Maybe you need to over rev the engine and burn some of his fuel, just drive in a gear lower than usual.
Reply 5
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
He's cheap and stingy then. :biggrin: I would just park the car, get out, take the keys and leave, never getting in touch again, lool. Not recommending it to you though lol. :tongue:

OMG I can't stand the guy sometimes I feel like telling him exactly what I think of him.
What a little stingy man he is
Reply 6
I'd switch instructors then cause he sounds pretty annoying lol
What a ****
Reply 8
Original post by fg45344
Saving fuel lol. Maybe you need to over rev the engine and burn some of his fuel, just drive in a gear lower than usual.

I always do that all the time to get me at the top of hills
Original post by Jee1
OMG I can't stand the guy sometimes I feel like telling him exactly what I think of him.
What a little stingy man he is

LOOOL I feel ya haha :biggrin: Just slap him one :wink: Jokes, why don't you just tell him at the end of your lessons, kindly if you want. & Say 'I'm sorry for any other students of yours' lool :tongue: Trust me he sounds like a proper stingy f***er. :h:
Reply 10
Original post by Jee1
I always do that all the time to get me at the top of hills

Yes but on a flat road, the engine doesn't need to be revving past 3000 on a petrol and 2000 on a diesel. But you do 30mph in 2nd gear.
Reply 11
Original post by fg45344
Yes but on a flat road, the engine doesn't need to be revving past 3000 on a petrol and 2000 on a diesel. But you do 30mph in 2nd gear.

I do that sometimes on a flat road after leaving a roundabout and he goes why don't you put it at 3rd gear when I'm just about to in his annoying little voice OMG I HATE THAT MAN. And will doing 2nd gear 30mph waste his fuel ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Jee1
I do that sometimes on a flat road after leaving a roundabout and he goes why don't you put it at 3rd gear when I'm just about to in his annoying little voice OMG I HATE THAT MAN. And will doing 2nd gear 30mph waste his fuel ?

Yes doing 30 mph in 2nd gear will waste his fuel.

You could even screw over his engine by revving to the rev limiter, but lets not be that mean. I mean doing 20 mph in 1st gear would get you to the red line.

You could burn his clutch by holding it at the biting point for a long time.

I shouldn't be telling you these things lol. Plenty of ways to take revenge, best thing is to change instructor.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by fefssdf
I'd switch instructors then cause he sounds pretty annoying lol

Not to mention his constant snide remarks about my driving I felt like slapping him on the face but I said to myself it's not worth it because I'm gonna get a different instructor and will never ever see him
Reply 14
Tell him his a *****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright, so tell him you're going to cancel your lessons until the heat dies down.

If you're going to switch instructor, leave him an online review somewhere.
Reply 16
Put the ac on amd wipe your sweaty shirt on him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Wipe ball sweat on him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Fish40
Put the ac on amd wipe your sweaty shirt on him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I wish I could do that
Reply 19