The Student Room Group

Gunman holed up in French Hotel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
but I'm only a racist if islam/"muslims" is a race though, aren't I
are they?
nope
so...how am I racist?

+"why don't I call out hindus, sikhs, buddhists, shintoists, taoists, jews, christians, etc", you might ask? well do you consider those other religious demographics prominent participants in international terrorism? do you think that they have an untamed barbaric religions untouched by the influence of the enlightenment?

+if I'm a racist, why don't you hear me calling out blacks, hispanics, indians, persians, east asians, polynesians, etc? could there be some...non-racial reason why I call out islam/muslims? *gasp*!

A simple re-wording to discriminatory would do the trick, you're discriminatory against Muslims. Don't pretend you aren't, your post history is ripe with religious hatred and offensive bigotry, but you are also probably a racist as well. That last line was speculation though, are you going to accuse me of speculating? or even better, being a 'regressive liberal' or 'loony leftie'? lmao
Original post by swiss_cheese
A simple re-wording to discriminatory would do the trick, you're discriminatory against Muslims.

okaay, well I have valid reasons for "discriminating" - nothing to do with race, but with ideology. not just the codified doctrines of the religion, but based on the pollings of muslims, i.e. 100% homophobia rates a few years ago. this is coupled by majority anti-free speech sentiments, and a "big minority" of misogyny.

Don't pretend you aren't, your post history is ripe with religious hatred and offensive bigotry,

I don't "hate" anybody. I don't "hate" anything. calm down.
and is something bigoted even if it's based on truthfulness or factuality? is it possible to be a "correct bigot"? if so then I don't give a **** if I'm a bigot - I only care about truth

but you are also probably a racist as well. That last line was speculation though, are you going to accuse me of speculating? or even better, being a 'regressive liberal' or 'loony leftie'? lmao

oh course you are - what else are you? you just called me "racist" for criticising islam. islam is a religion, not a race, so why am I not permitted to criticise islam? regressives blur the lines between race and other things because their agenda = "never appear potentially racist". even if it's something like "black people statistically do not benefit from affirmative action", the mere suggestion of the repeal of affirmative action = racism, because that's what it merely looks like on the surface without any context. well that's all your ideology is: judging things via appearances. I don't swing that way.
okaay, well I have valid reasons for "discriminating" - nothing to do with race, but with ideology. not just the codified doctrines of the religion, but based on the pollings of muslims, i.e. 100% homophobia rates a few years ago. this is coupled by majority anti-free speech sentiments, and a "big minority" of misogyny.

I don't "hate" anybody. I don't "hate" anything. calm down.
and is something bigoted even if it's based on truthfulness or factuality? is it possible to be a "correct bigot"? if so then I don't give a **** if I'm a bigot - I only care about truth

oh course you are - what else are you? you just called me "racist" for criticising islam. islam is a religion, not a race, so why am I not permitted to criticise islam? regressives blur the lines between race and other things because their agenda = "never appear potentially racist". even if it's something like "black people statistically do not benefit from affirmative action", the mere suggestion of the repeal of affirmative action = racism, because that's what it merely looks like on the surface without any context. well that's all your ideology is: judging things via appearances. I don't swing that way.

You're discriminatory, bigoted and hateful because of the constant influx of religious hate speech originating from you

You are probably racist as well, because you're constantly speaking out against Islam, you're critical of refugees and immigration, pro-Brexit - I think its a safe extrapolation to say that you are slightly racist.
You're discriminatory, bigoted and hateful because of the constant influx of religious hate speech originating from you

read that sentence back again
you said "you're discriminatory (etc) because of the religious hate speech originating from you" - that actually makes no sense. you must have made a typo or something.

You are probably racist as well, because you're constantly speaking out against Islam, you're critical of refugees and immigration, pro-Brexit

islam isn't a race, for the third time now. you're a regressive for claiming this.
islam is a terrible religion. it's the reason for a great deal of suffering in the world. how can you stand up for a sexist, homophobic and anti-intellectual religion like islam? how could you possibly do that with a straight face? if I told you "oh nazi-ism/marxist leninism are peaceful ideologies - I've met plenty of nazis/marxist-leninists and they are all lovely people" would you really take me seriously?
I'm not critical of individual "refugees" if they go to another country, even illegally, so long as it's to escape death/torture. if they claim to be a refugee but are actually an economic migrant, and they're not escaping death (or else why would they leave their wives and children in their former countries), then I will criticise them fairly. it's also funny that they don't just go to non-european nations. they don't like the value system of europe, but I think we know what they *do* like...$$$ - economic migration, then.
"pro brexit" = racism? I want my democracy to be a democracy in both name and practice. I wanted to escape a stagnating protectionist corporatist-heaven. I wanted to reinstall national *control* of borders, not national isolation. how am I being racist for being pro-brexit? if I'm racist, you're anti-democratic. yes, I can generalise you too!

- I think its a safe extrapolation to say that you are slightly racist.

um, a lot of my family on my mother's side are black. soo...nope! I love my family so how can I be racist given this fact?
read that sentence back again
you said "you're discriminatory (etc) because of the religious hate speech originating from you" - that actually makes no sense. you must have made a typo or something.

islam isn't a race, for the third time now. you're a regressive for claiming this.
islam is a terrible religion. it's the reason for a great deal of suffering in the world. how can you stand up for a sexist, homophobic and anti-intellectual religion like islam? how could you possibly do that with a straight face? if I told you "oh nazi-ism/marxist leninism are peaceful ideologies - I've met plenty of nazis/marxist-leninists and they are all lovely people" would you really take me seriously?
I'm not critical of individual "refugees" if they go to another country, even illegally, so long as it's to escape death/torture. if they claim to be a refugee but are actually an economic migrant, and they're not escaping death (or else why would they leave their wives and children in their former countries), then I will criticise them fairly. it's also funny that they don't just go to non-european nations. they don't like the value system of europe, but I think we know what they *do* like...$$$ - economic migration, then.
"pro brexit" = racism? I want my democracy to be a democracy in both name and practice. I wanted to escape a stagnating protectionist corporatist-heaven. I wanted to reinstall national *control* of borders, not national isolation. how am I being racist for being pro-brexit? if I'm racist, you're anti-democratic. yes, I can generalise you too!

um, a lot of my family on my mother's side are black. soo...nope! I love my family so how can I be racist given this fact?

Attacking what you think is a grammar mistake because you want to hide away from the fact that you're a bigoted, disrespectful racist and xenophobe. Classic TSR racist tactics.

And once again spamming that "HUUU DUUU ISLAM ISNT A RACE". So if it isn't racist, its suddenly ok?

But lets be honest, you're critical of refugees and immigrants, you've got very bigoted impressions of foreign religions, you actively supported Brexit, so you are probably racist too.

And how do you like your glorious Brexit democracy when the very first thing that has happened is Theresa May was made PM without a single vote from the UK population outside of the Tory party? Lmfao. Its the same delusional people who want 'sovreignty' and 'democracy' back who are constantly attacking Islam and other cultures/religions. But I strongly suspect one reason for voting leave was because you thought immigration would decrease.
Most people have decided to put swiss_cheese on ignore given the rhetoric he is currently using and the threads he is trying to ruin.
Attacking what you think is a grammar mistake because you want to hide away from the fact that you're a bigoted, disrespectful racist and xenophobe. Classic TSR racist tactics.

no, it genuinely made no sense - therefore, although I wanted to comment, I couldn't. read it again.

And once again spamming that "HUUU DUUU ISLAM ISNT A RACE". So if it isn't racist, its suddenly ok?

it's okay if it's based on truth. yes. e.g. "judaism is an abominable religion". I'm not an anti-semite. I'm anti-judaism. semites are ethnic "jews", and the torah is a book/ideological system. it'll be funny for you to twist my words and call me an anti-semite though, it really would.

But lets be honest, you're critical of refugees and immigrants,

not necessarily
refugees, like I've just explained if you would simply read, are fine, so long as they're not too populous and not false refugees. it would preferable that refugees do not settle permanently too, because they will obviously want to some day return to their nation when it is safe.
"immigrants" can be a positive thing in a country so long as their input exceeds their output (I can say that about any group, ever). but if we are only getting low-skilled or islamic migrants, then how is that particularly helpful? with low-skills, it causes youth unemployment. with islam, it rolls back the century's effort of advancing women's rights, homosexuals' rights, free speech, fair punishments, etc. sorry not sorry

you've got very bigoted impressions of foreign religions, you actively supported Brexit, so you are probably racist too.

you have a terrible short-term memory if you're actually saying the same thing you've only just said (with me refuting it pretty ably). I have a good idea of our foreign relations outside of the EU: free-trade based, and immigration based on merit and common values when possible. I want all nations to have good relations. and this actually, just to point it out to you, doesn't have to necessarily involve open borders. how do we have good relations with america, canada, australia etc otherwise? also, muslims don't even come from the european continent! so how is brexit racist?

And how do you like your glorious Brexit democracy when the very first thing that has happened is Theresa May was made PM without a single vote from the UK population outside of the Tory party? Lmfao. Its the same delusional people who want 'sovreignty' and 'democracy' back who are constantly attacking Islam and other cultures/religions. But I strongly suspect one reason for voting leave was because you thought immigration would decrease.

she won the election by default - nobody opposed her. therefore, while tory MPs had every opportunity to stand, they didn't. that's not undemocratic of a party.
the UK population isn't enfranchised within the tory party. the tory party is a private organisation. it's not a party seat nor is it a government. get your facts straight.
so you've now failed to make the link between sovereignty and being able to control parties - parties are private, nations (legally) are public. you vote on public matters, not private ones. theresa may becoming PM changes basically nothing - she isn't bringing out a new manifesto. the only changes to the current tory manifesto are with the new brexit situation in mind, which the country ****ing voted in favour of! -_-
(edited 7 years ago)
no, it genuinely made no sense - therefore, although I wanted to comment, I couldn't. read it again.it's okay if it's based on truth. yes. e.g. "judaism is an abominable religion". I'm not an anti-semite. I'm anti-judaism. semites are ethnic "jews", and the torah is a book/ideological system. it'll be funny for you to twist my words and call me an anti-semite though, it really would.not necessarilyrefugees, like I've just explained if you would simply read, are fine, so long as they're not too populous and not false refugees. it would preferable that refugees do not settle permanently too, because they will obviously want to some day return to their nation when it is safe."immigrants" can be a positive thing in a country so long as their input exceeds their output (I can say that about any group, ever). but if we are only getting low-skilled or islamic migrants, then how is that particularly helpful? with low-skills, it causes youth unemployment. with islam, it rolls back the century's effort of advancing women's rights, homosexuals' rights, free speech, fair punishments, etc. sorry not sorryyou have a terrible short-term memory if you're actually saying the same thing you've only just said (with me refuting it pretty ably). I have a good idea of our foreign relations outside of the EU: free-trade based, and immigration based on merit and common values when possible. I want all nations to have good relations. and this actually, just to point it out to you, doesn't have to necessarily involve open borders. how do we have good relations with america, canada, australia etc otherwise? also, muslims don't even come from the european continent! so how is brexit racist?she won the election by default - nobody opposed her. therefore, while tory MPs had every opportunity to stand, they didn't. that's not undemocratic of a party.the UK population isn't enfranchised within the tory party. the tory party is a private organisation. it's not a party seat nor is it a government. get your facts straight.so you've now failed to make the link between sovereignty and being able to control parties - parties are private, nations (legally) are public. you vote on public matters, not private ones. theresa may becoming PM changes basically nothing - she isn't bringing out a new manifesto. the only changes to the current tory manifesto are with the new brexit situation in mind, which the country ****ing voted in favour of! -_-

Lol it makes perfect sense, its just something you're focusing on to try to direct the discussion away from the fact that you're bigoted and hateful, and almost certainly a racist.

And here we have it again. You wanted democracy, we got a leader without a single public vote. You wanted sovreignty, well Scotland is on course for a 2nd referendum. You aren't going to get lower migration, instead its just a temporary political earthquake. In 2 years time, I am confident that we will be in a scenario where we have 'technically' left the EU, but because no politicians in power actually want that, we will be in practically the same situation as right now - only without the control we had over trade deals within the EU.

You fell for Boris Johnson and Farage's scaremongering campaign, and now you're denying the consequences.

I suppose racism and stupidity are sort-of intertwined.
Lol it makes perfect sense, its just something you're focusing on to try to direct the discussion away from the fact that you're bigoted and hateful, and almost certainly a racist.

no it really doesn't - I wouldn't be telling you "that first bit didn't make sense" like this several messages later if I didn't mean it. I didn't say "your whole message doesn't make sense", I said "your first section doesn't make sense". deal with this fact maturely. I'm merely reflecting the reality of the situation. I've made typos too. at least I admit it.

And here we have it again. You wanted democracy, we got a leader without a single public vote.

-_-
it's not a new mandate. it's not a new manifesto. it's a new figurehead in charge of the government who is merely doing what they were originally elected to install + brexit. brexit was the vote. why would we have a vote + a vote?
the people voted for change. they're getting change. the new PM is giving the people merely the change they ****ing voted for.

You wanted sovreignty, well Scotland is on course for a 2nd referendum.

scotland got democracy. they got a referendum.
it's not democratic to simply forget about that vote merely 2 years ago.
nobody in scotland really gives a damn about the EU anyway so it will change nothing. people don't vote in the SNP (a party that wants independence) because of independence. they vote for them based on their catchy/patriotic anti-england rhetoric.

You aren't going to get lower migration, instead its just a temporary political earthquake.

how do you figure?

In 2 years time, I am confident that we will be in a scenario where we have 'technically' left the EU, but because no politicians in power actually want that, we will be in practically the same situation as right now - only without the control we had over trade deals within the EU.

we never had any power. we never decisively changed anything. we were always the odd balls in the EU. we never fitted in. on almost every vote we were given in the council, we lost.

You fell for Boris Johnson and Farage's scaremongering campaign, and now you're denying the consequences.

what did they say that was scare mongering?

I suppose racism and stupidity are sort-of intertwined.

I already comprehensively explained to you that islam isn't a race.
I already explained that practically half of my mother's family are black
I already explained that I have no issue with racial demographics
I merely oppose an ideology/culture which is islam or islamic.
get that through your thick skull, regressive.
it's like you have an automatic gun that fires the word "racism" at me. you're doing absolutely nothing to prove me as a racist though. it's sad. but funny.
(edited 7 years ago)
no it really doesn't - I wouldn't be telling you "that first bit didn't make sense" like this several messages later if I didn't mean it. I didn't say "your whole message doesn't make sense", I said "your first section doesn't make sense". deal with this fact maturely. I'm merely reflecting the reality of the situation. I've made typos too. at least I admit it.

-_-
it's not a new mandate. it's not a new manifesto. it's a new figurehead in charge of the government who is merely doing what they were originally elected to install + brexit. brexit was the vote. why would we have a vote + a vote?
the people voted for change. they're getting change. the new PM is giving the people merely the change they ****ing voted for.

scotland got democracy. they got a referendum.
it's not democratic to simply forget about that vote merely 2 years ago.
nobody in scotland really gives a damn about the EU anyway so it will change nothing. people don't vote in the SNP (a party that wants independence) because of independence. they vote for them based on their catchy/patriotic anti-england rhetoric.

how do you figure?

we never had any power. we never decisively changed anything. we were always the odd balls in the EU. we never fitted in. on almost every vote we were given in the council, we lost.

what did they say that was scare mongering?

I already comprehensively explained to you that islam isn't a race.
I already explained that practically half of my mother's family are black
I already explained that I have no issue with racial demographics
I merely oppose an ideology/culture which is islam or islamic.
get that through your thick skull, regressive.
it's like you have an automatic gun that fires the word "racism" at me. you're doing absolutely nothing to prove me as a racist though. it's sad. but funny.

this is getting boring, it was fun while it lasted though
this is getting boring, it was fun while it lasted though

you still think I'm racist though. don't you.
after all the facts I've given you suggesting otherwise.
well I don't really mind, to put it honestly - I don't live in the nu-labour pre-2014 bubble. I don't live in a reality where criticism of religions or migration numbers is racism. I think, luckily, most people are getting out of it too.
you still think I'm racist though. don't you.
after all the facts I've given you suggesting otherwise.
well I don't really mind, to put it honestly - I don't live in the nu-labour pre-2014 bubble. I don't live in a reality where criticism of religions or migration numbers is racism. I think, luckily, most people are getting out of it too.

I think you are, given that you're skeptical of foreign religions, critical of migration, pro-Brexit and also quite bigoted. Reasonable assumption tbh.
What's the update?*
but I'm only a racist if islam/"muslims" is a race though, aren't I
are they?
nope
so...how am I racist?

+"why don't I call out hindus, sikhs, buddhists, shintoists, taoists, jews, christians, etc", you might ask? well do you consider those other religious demographics prominent participants in international terrorism? do you think that they have untamed barbaric religions untouched by the influence of the enlightenment?

+if I'm a racist, why don't you hear me calling out blacks, hispanics, indians, persians, east asians, polynesians, etc? could there be some...non-racial reason why I call out islam/muslims? *gasp*!

Since when were ALL Arabs Muslims?*
Original post by queen-bee
Since when were ALL Arabs Muslims?*

never. I suggested that this was *his* conclusion if he said that islam was a race...
I think you are, given that you're skeptical of foreign religions, critical of migration, pro-Brexit and also quite bigoted. Reasonable assumption tbh.

I said both judaism (white people~) and islam (usually non-white people). I gave you the whole spectrum. it's nothing to do with race. you refuse to think logically. I can't help you.

I'm critical of *too much* migration, or of a bad kind. I've explain this. immigration is only good if its benefits > its detriments.

brexit = for democracy, trade and control of borders. not about race. I've explained all of this before, haven't I.

"quite bigoted". what does this even mean? is it because I'm outspoken or that I simply disagree with you? :lol:

not a reasonable assumption in the slightest. if I'm not allowed to generalise muslims as having homophobic and anti-freedom viewpoints then why the **** are you allowed to generalise *me* because of my brexit-support?!
So has anything actually happened or Is he sorta just sitting there?
Well one things for sure, Front national are going to get a lot of votes in the general election. Can't say it's a bad thing to be honest!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending