The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Which option is best ?

hey everyone so I've narrowed down my accommodation choices to 3 options but not sure which one is best !

Option 1
£3700 per year
shared bathroom
house setup with 4 girls and 4 boys
small rooms
large kitchen area
no internet
pretty run down overall

Option 2
£5387 per year
8 people per flat
modern rooms
large kitchen
ensuite bathroom
internet access

Option 3
£5523 per year
catered
corridor style
shared bathroom
small rooms
tiny kitchen area and limited social spaces

if you had to pick which order would you put them in ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably option 2. To me it sounds like the best option out of those. Although I am really bad with sharing a bathroom so that may be why. Then option 3 and then 1. Option 1 may be cheapest but it also sounds a crap place to live in
(edited 7 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Devify
Probably option 2. To me it sounds like the best option out of those. Although I am really bad with sharing a bathroom so that may be why. Then option 3 and then 1. Option 1 may be cheapest but it also sounds a crap place to live in

Th thanks I'm also leaning towards option 2 as well cause I think it would drive me mad living in some really horrible place even if I were saving money !
Reply 3
Original post by fefssdf
Th thanks I'm also leaning towards option 2 as well cause I think it would drive me mad living in some really horrible place even if I were saving money !

Yeah, if you can afford it go for option 2. It's not too bad of a price. Sounds the most reasonable out of all of them, as long as you don't mind cooking yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by fefssdf
hey everyone so I've narrowed down my accommodation choices to 3 options but not sure which one is best !

Option 1
£3700 per year
shared bathroom
house setup with 4 girls and 4 boys
small rooms
large kitchen area
no internet
pretty run down overall

Option 2
£5387 per year
8 people per flat
modern rooms
large kitchen
ensuite bathroom
internet access

Option 3
£5523 per year
catered
corridor style
shared bathroom
small rooms
tiny kitchen area and limited social spaces

if you had to pick which order would you put them in ?

2,1,3 simply because i heard someone say that when it's catered sometimes you won't always be there to eat the food when they cook it so you might have to spend more money to get more food lol
Reply 5
Original post by timebent
2,1,3 simply because i heard someone say that when it's catered sometimes you won't always be there to eat the food when they cook it so you might have to spend more money to get more food lol

Oh yeh that's true I know I guess if I go self catered then I can just eat when I want
Reply 6
Original post by Devify
Yeah, if you can afford it go for option 2. It's not too bad of a price. Sounds the most reasonable out of all of them, as long as you don't mind cooking yourself.

Yh I can afford all of them but I want value for money and Yh I do thing it is a reasonable price ocnaidering it's ensuite as well
Reply 7
Original post by fefssdf
Oh yeh that's true I know I guess if I go self catered then I can just eat when I want

yup, i think self catered better because you know what you spend on and you know exactly what you cooking.
Reply 8
yup, i think self catered better because you know what you spend on and you know exactly what you cooking.

Thanks for the advice ; I think it's between option 1 and 2 but learning towards option 1 given the massive price difference as I could do a lot with the extra money like go out for dinner and stuff ....
Reply 9
Original post by fefssdf
Thanks for the advice ; I think it's between option 1 and 2 but learning towards option 1 given the massive price difference as I could do a lot with the extra money like go out for dinner and stuff ....

haha depends how much of a cheapskate you are

honestly i'd probably go for 1 but simply for me since it has no internet access that's a deal breaker for me. Maybe when the time comes i might pick one but for now i'd personally go with 2(yes that's how sad i am, internet as a deal breaker)
Reply 10
2 for me.
1 is deal breaker due to no access of internet and 3 because of the fact it's a catered accommodation, for me, personally i'd much rather cook for myself
Reply 11
haha depends how much of a cheapskate you are

honestly i'd probably go for 1 but simply for me since it has no internet access that's a deal breaker for me. Maybe when the time comes i might pick one but for now i'd personally go with 2(yes that's how sad i am, internet as a deal breaker)

Yah the internet issue does worry me but then again if I'm saving that much money then I could just pay for internet or something lol ; I might email them and ask about the internet situation . I think I'll end up picking 1 cause of the price and the fact I could spend tonnes of nice food and random crap instead of paying extra for the ensuite but idk hmmm
Original post by fefssdf
Yah the internet issue does worry me but then again if I'm saving that much money then I could just pay for internet or something lol ; I might email them and ask about the internet situation . I think I'll end up picking 1 cause of the price and the fact I could spend tonnes of nice food and random crap instead of paying extra for the ensuite but idk hmmm

haha yea it's like 1.4k a year just for internet lol

You could ask yea, good idea :smile:
2, 1, 3. 2 sounds best, Something can be worked out with 1, 3 just sounds like a waste...
Reply 14
haha yea it's like 1.4k a year just for internet lol

You could ask yea, good idea :smile:

haha it is true lol but like yh I could just find some way to get data like can't you get them weird usb things you put into a computer to get wifi ? or am i talking rubbish
Reply 15
Original post by Imperion
2, 1, 3. 2 sounds best, Something can be worked out with 1, 3 just sounds like a waste...

yh true I'm not sure about 1 and 2 through cause the price difference is massive but also the facilities at 2 are REALLY good compared to 1 so i guess it would be worth the money ?
Original post by fefssdf
haha it is true lol but like yh I could just find some way to get data like can't you get them weird usb things you put into a computer to get wifi ? or am i talking rubbish

yea, but that's only if you got of them port things to stick it into lol
Reply 17
yea, but that's only if you got of them port things to stick it into lol

hmmm I think I will have to research this internet business lol - what do you mean by a port
Original post by fefssdf
yh true I'm not sure about 1 and 2 through cause the price difference is massive but also the facilities at 2 are REALLY good compared to 1 so i guess it would be worth the money ?

It is worth tbf
Reply 19
Original post by Imperion
It is worth tbf

thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending