The Student Room Group

Children slapping their parents back?

Im 17 and my mum slapped me on the back today so i raised my arm literally instinctively ‘hit her back’ and she got really angry and picked up a belt i had lying around (really stupid of me right it was literally not he floor next to her) and hit me again. (She doesn’t hit reallllly seriously hard but like it does smart.)

Anyway, when I was younger i would cry and stuff but now I’m just laughing bc she’s so short and i tower over her. It’s just so annoying that parents think they can slap their children and psychically abuse them but when we in defence move then suddenly its wrong to hit people. I don’t even care about age gaps and all this elders and youngers ******** its wrong and adults should realise we’re human beings who don’t want marks on their body and will hate back as an evolutionary instinct lmao

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i understand how you are feeling.
but, imo, whenever someone resorts to violence they both loose. so, in that respect, both you and your mum are at fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a natural reaction, I think you were both in the wrong because violence solves nothing, talk it out, and apologise :biggrin:
#whitekids
Reply 4
totally natural reaction, if someone hits you you hit them back it's human nature except for the pushovers like this lot like "oh violence solves nothing" instead of maybe looking at the real problem of parents hitting their ****ing kids
Reply 5
How can you instinctively hit your own mother. I wouldn't even think about it.
I think slapping kids (not hard, but hard enough) is fine. It's happened through the generations and I really think that sometimes it's the only way to get the message through - and boy does it do that well.
Punching is wrong though.
Original post by Anonymous
Im 17 and my mum slapped me on the back today so i raised my arm literally instinctively ‘hit her back’ and she got really angry and picked up a belt i had lying around (really stupid of me right it was literally not he floor next to her) and hit me again. (She doesn’t hit reallllly seriously hard but like it does smart.)

Anyway, when I was younger i would cry and stuff but now I’m just laughing bc she’s so short and i tower over her. It’s just so annoying that parents think they can slap their children and psychically abuse them but when we in defence move then suddenly its wrong to hit people. I don’t even care about age gaps and all this elders and youngers ******** its wrong and adults should realise we’re human beings who don’t want marks on their body and will hate back as an evolutionary instinct lmao

lol mate, you should count yourself lucky. if my kid ever hit me back or tried to hit me, the next thing they would see is this in their face:

Could never slap my mum, my father has never hit me so it's never come to that.
Reply 8
#whitekids

Racist hiding behind Anononymous? (I don't count).
Reply 9
Original post by Ano123
I think slapping kids (not hard, but hard enough) is fine. It's happened through the generations and I really think that sometimes it's the only way to get the message through - and boy does it do that well.

depends what she's done for you, if she's been a complete willy to you then yes i can imagine someone hitting her, since all they gave their children was grief.

in any case personally i wouldn't hit mine, they're way too kind and nice and gone through too much for me to ht her....
Hitting my mum would never even cross my mind,

I don't want to know what would happen if I did hit her. :laugh:
Reply 11
Original post by timebent
depends what she's done for you, if she's been a complete willy to you then yes i can imagine someone hitting her, since all they gave their children was grief.

in any case personally i wouldn't hit mine, they're way too kind and nice and gone through too much for me to ht her....

Depends, if you mean a long term bad mother then you still shouldn't hit her. If it's just because she's moaning because you haven't done the washing then it's just abuse.

God forbid i ever live to see the day i hit them
Original post by Ano123
Racist hiding behind Anononymous? (I don't count).

It's not racist (I am actually White), but culturally White kids are more likely to see themselves as equal to their parents.
#whitekids

oh how i wish i was white, then i wouldn’t have got the belt :wink:
Original post by Ano123

Trust me, this appeal to tradition is very twisted. my mum uses the old ‘spare your child the rod’ and there are lots of better ways to punish your kid because they said they wanted to ‘light a candle’
Original post by Farlan
totally natural reaction, if someone hits you you hit them back it's human nature except for the pushovers like this lot like "oh violence solves nothing" instead of maybe looking at the real problem of parents hitting their ****ing kids

thank u! on a serious note, if someone hit you you don’t just take it, blood relative or not! I never even hit her, and she responded with even more violence ???
Lol my # was just bants calm tf down
Who tf slaps back their mother tho o_0
Reply 19
I hit my dad back once, he hasn't raised a hand since.

Omg so my sister is disabled (but she has lived alone, independently, she moved back home for a short time though) and a while ago she hit me, really hard in the chest. I have nipple piercings and she caught one. So I hit her back, cause she freaking hurt me. And my mum comes in and starts yelling at me and threatening to hit me. I'm like that ***** hit me first and hurt my nip. But your story reminded me of that

Latest

Trending

Trending