The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Erm random but when I put on sun screen (tried many)...I go quite red under the sun...just my face...well not fully red...but if anyone gets me....isn't it supposed to not?...does it happen to anyone else?

Can't remember the last time I put it on lol, so I have no idea. Maybe google can help.
Original post by Tawheed
I live in London, i'll let you know if anything comes up inshAllah.

About your Arabic - do you teach modern standard arabic?

JazakAllahu Khairan

And yes I do, well I know modern standard arabic.
Reply 422
Original post by MJlover
assalaamu alaikum,
with news about ISIS and events concerning muslims around the world he decided to leave the deen, plus he was ill at the same time. so yeah he became Christian

Wa'alaikum Assalam. I see tbh not a very valid reason. I was hoping for a better reason although I do believe there is none. Islam will be shown in the bad light probably more over time.

Having said that I won't be surprised if many turn away from the deen astaghfirullah because of this very reason. Say tomorrow another religion had the crisis going with it eg christianity...then would one leave christianity because of it. It is a shame though as ISIS are doing their job by defaming islam as they would want for their interest. This itself shows to me they are clueless about Islam. Also media will probably continue to show islam in the bad light and associate it with negativity.

May Allah guide us all and protect us from evil. Ameen.
Original post by h333
Wa'alaikum Assalam. I see tbh not a very valid reason. I was hoping for a better reason although I do believe there is none. Islam will be shown in the bad light probably more over time.

Having said that I won't be surprised if many turn away from the deen astaghfirullah because of this very reason. Say tomorrow another religion had the crisis going with it eg christianity...then would one leave christianity because of it. It is a shame though as ISIS are doing their job by defaming islam as they would want for their interest. This itself shows to me they are clueless about Islam. Also media will probably continue to show islam in the bad light and associate it with negativity.

May Allah guide us all and protect us from evil. Ameen.

ameen
Reply 424
Original post by Zamestaneh
Is it red from burning or red from heat though? People naturally get red when they get hot :beard:

Idk :s-smilie: lool I should not be burning....erm sun screen....

Wait so it is ok I should expect it even with sun screen?

Original post by s_ahmed2
Can't remember the last time I put it on lol, so I have no idea. Maybe google can help.

Oh lol not even on a very sunny day? :redface:

Original post by HAnwar
No idea. I don't wear sun cream since I'm Asian lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am too :tongue:
Original post by h333

Yeah then you don't really need it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333

Yep, I seriously can't remember the last time I did lol
Reply 427
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah then you don't really need it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm what? What do you mean? :erm: :curious:
Reply 428
Original post by s_ahmed2
Yep, I seriously can't remember the last time I did lol

:K:....tbh when I visited back home I did not usually.....but here I do when sunny and idk I feel I need to more here than back home. It kind of affects me more here than back home.
Original post by h333
:K:....tbh when I visited back home I did not usually.....but here I do when sunny and idk I feel I need to more here than back home. It kind of affects me more here than back home.

If you feel you need it then use it, my skin doesnt really get affected by the sun too much so I dont use anything. Weathers been boiling past few days, even now it's soooo hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
Erm what? What do you mean? :erm: :curious:

Idk I read somewhere it's because of difference of skin tones, and compared to white people our skin tone protects us more. However I don't know how accurate that is so I could be talking complete rubbish lol, but I've never felt the need to wear it now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salaam guys,

Wondering if there's any legit muslim marriage sites or if all of them are as bad as each other?
Original post by Biryani007
Salaam guys,

Wondering if there's any legit muslim marriage sites or if all of them are as bad as each other?

Wassalaam

Ummah Forum seems pretty swanky :holmes:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Wassalaam

Spoiler

JazaakAllah khairan for finding out...time to sign up :rofl: jk
Wassalaam

LOL
Original post by Biryani007
JazaakAllah khairan for finding out...time to sign up :rofl: jk

Don't you still have that Punjabi buddhi's number who had the Accountant and Pilot sons? :rolleyes:

Were you at London Speakers corner btw?
Original post by Tawheed
LOL

They are very open minded - will soon see Sushi marriage threads plastered all over UF :rofl:
Original post by AlifunArnab
No particular reason. Just my experience

Ever had a really bad flying experience brother?

Latest