The Student Room Group

Unsure what to do after first year.

Hello!

So I am currently on a Business degree in first year and I've realised I don't enjoy it what so ever.

I've been racking my brain on what I actually want to do next year but I have no idea!

I've always had an interest in computers since I was young, I like to take things apart and put them back together, and enjoy playing computer games quite a bit.

People always tell me to do something which i have genuine interests in but the problem is, If i went to do a degree in say computers, I feel I would potentially not be up to the same level as anyone else.

I need some opinions on what I can do in my situation because I am stuck!

I'm also a "mature" student so feel time is ticking.

Thanks
You could do computer science with a foundation year. However, it would be expensive.
Reply 2
Original post by Jayvp
Hello!

So I am currently on a Business degree in first year and I've realised I don't enjoy it what so ever.

I've been racking my brain on what I actually want to do next year but I have no idea!

I've always had an interest in computers since I was young, I like to take things apart and put them back together, and enjoy playing computer games quite a bit.

People always tell me to do something which i have genuine interests in but the problem is, If i went to do a degree in say computers, I feel I would potentially not be up to the same level as anyone else.

I need some opinions on what I can do in my situation because I am stuck!

I'm also a "mature" student so feel time is ticking.

Thanks

Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
You could do computer science with a foundation year. However, it would be expensive.

You can apply for CompSci or similar courses, I doubt you would need a foundation year. Does your current university offer CS courses?

Also you get a "spare" year from SFE which covers you for a "false start" if you need it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
z
Original post by jneill
You can apply for CompSci or similar courses, I doubt you would need a foundation year. Does your current university offer CS courses?

Also you get a "spare" year from SFE which covers you for a "flase start" if you need it.

MY current uni only offers: Computing. Business computing, computer and cyber forensics and computer games design.

I have emailed the admissions team at two other Universities who offer computer science detailing my current situation and will wait to hear back from them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending