The Student Room Group

Uni courses in Clearing revealed for 2016

Scroll to see replies

Just thought I'd share our experience which might help...
We still have places available on courses starting this September, and we've listed those which won't be available here: www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing-help
Also on this page, you can sign up to receive an alert when our full list of Clearing courses is available. We'll publish the list around the end of July and points needed for each course a few days before results day.
If you already have your results, you can apply now: www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing-results
If not, we've got some further guidance about how Clearing works and whether it would be for you here: www.bcu.ac.uk/what-is-clearing

I hope this helps! Any other questions please let us know :smile:
Original post by Georginarosee
Is it normal for universities to have vacancies left on a course at this stage? Is it a good thing?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4200042&page=5&p=66312696#post66312696
Original post by jneill
You would have to exceed the terms of your Firm Offer to go into Adjustment. And not all courses/universities will be available in Adjustment.

Well that's mostly irrelevant.
The question was can you apply to the same uni that rejected you in clearing. Clearing and adjustment is basically the same thing. So if a uni thought you wouldn't get the grades and they rejected you but now you have then I don't see the problem with asking them again. All this nonsense that you can't apply if they have rejected you is rubbish, you can it's not like it's against the law, there's no harm in trying, you've paid money and it's their job, being a hassle to them should be the last of your worries. The way I see it, there's no harm in trying, either you get rejected again or it pays off and you get in.
Original post by SlimShady96
Well that's mostly irrelevant.
The question was can you apply to the same uni that rejected you in clearing. Clearing and adjustment is basically the same thing. So if a uni thought you wouldn't get the grades and they rejected you but now you have then I don't see the problem with asking them again. All this nonsense that you can't apply if they have rejected you is rubbish, you can it's not like it's against the law, there's no harm in trying, you've paid money and it's their job, being a hassle to them should be the last of your worries. The way I see it, there's no harm in trying, either you get rejected again or it pays off and you get in.

It's directly relevent - you were commenting on Adjustment (which has a different process to Clearing) hence my reply. I didn't say anything about Clearing and I didn't say you can't apply to universites that rejected you (although others that have much more knowledge than me advise against it).

Anyway as you are clearly such an expert I'll leave you to it.
Original post by jneill
It's directly relevent - you were commenting on Adjustment (which has a different process to Clearing) hence my reply. I didn't say anything about Clearing and I didn't say you can't apply to universites that rejected you (although others that have much more knowledge than me advise against it).

Anyway as you are clearly such an expert I'll leave you to it.

You basically stated the obvious that yes you need to exceed your offer, well most likely the uni that rejected you wants better grades than the one you firmed. Also you said not all courses are available in adjustment which can be seen as misleading as it implies that the courses available in clearing do not also apply to adjustment.

You don't need to be an expert, it's just common sense.
Original post by SlimShady96
Also you said not all courses are available in adjustment which can be seen as misleading as it implies that the courses available in clearing do not also apply to adjustment.

They don't.

There's no central list of courses in Adjustment. You have to call up any universities you are interested in. The bonus is you do this while still holding your Firm.

The process is quite different to Clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those of you not clear on what happens on Results Day, and what your options are for a) Clearing and b) Adjustment (and what the difference is) then please read the following TSR articles :

Results Day : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15437-Guide-to-A-level-results-day

Clearing : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15485-introduction-to-clearing

Adjustment : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15539-Changing-university-via-adjustment-what-you-need-to-know

Reading of these articles is useful 'homework' - whatever you think might happen on Results Day. Even if you feel very confident about your results, just knowing what your options are is still useful, just in case it doesnt all unfold as you expect.
Does anyone know if St Georges, University of London goes into clearing?
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Does anyone know if St Georges, University of London goes into clearing?

No medical school enters Clearing.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose

They were in clearing last year. EDIT: I just checked, they're clearing places open on the same day as result's day.

Unbelievably they are this year.

http://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing

"Clearing and Adjustment 2016

St George’s, University of London has several courses going into Clearing and Adjustment this year, including Biomedical Science, Healthcare Science, Paramedic Science and Radiography. For the first time, we will also be offering places via Clearing for our Medicine MBBS (5 year) course."

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ladymusiclover
They were in clearing last year. EDIT: I just checked, they're clearing places open on the same day as result's day.

Original post by jneill
Unbelievably they are this year.

http://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing

"Clearing and Adjustment 2016

St George’s, University of London has several courses going into Clearing and Adjustment this year, including Biomedical Science, Healthcare Science, Paramedic Science and Radiography. For the first time, we will also be offering places via Clearing for our Medicine MBBS (5 year) course."

Posted from TSR Mobile

I stand corrected. The world as we know it has shifted on its axis.
I stand corrected. The world as we know it has shifted on its axis.

It seems very odd and I don't understand how it would work - if you missed your other MedSchool Firm and Insurance offers how does that make you a "high quality student"...
bloody hell

I hope they've got a lot of temps lined up for the phone lines!
Original post by jneill
It seems very odd and I don't understand how it would work - if you missed your other MedSchool Firm and Insurance offers how does that make you a "high quality student"...

my guess is they're looking for people who got 4 rejections, didn't apply to sgul initially and ace their exams
Original post by PQ
bloody hell

Original post by PQ
my guess is they're looking for people who got 4 rejections, didn't apply to sgul initially and ace their exams

Ah true. On both counts.
Original post by jneill

Original post by PQ
bloody hell

I'm keeping my head down and watching and waiting to see how it goes....
I'm keeping my head down and watching and waiting to see how it goes....

Original post by PQ
bloody hell

Original post by jneill
x

An evil-minded person would publicise this new development in every relevant forum then phone St George's around 10am on the 18th and ask how it's going... :devil:
Original post by ageshallnot
An evil-minded person would publicise this new development in every relevant forum then phone St George's around 10am on the 18th and ask how it's going... :devil:

You are that person.
You are that person.

I'm an:angelwings:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending