The Student Room Group

the best five watches ever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unsolved_Mistry
They do have some nice designs but then I remember I'm male and don't buy them 😂

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

this is my one

Chunky beast Seiko monster 2nd gen

Original post by shawtyb
this is my one

Looks very nice, I like the silver theme, closest fashion brand I have is my lowly ice watch 🤗

Looks very nice, I like the silver theme, closest fashion brand I have is my lowly ice watch 🤗

i quite like the ice watches
PP grand master chime
Rolex date just
Rolex GMT master 2 (pvd coated blue half bezel)
Panerai MM
IWC pilot (any)

I'm a huge watch fan but sadly not nearly as knowledgeable on the expensive stuff, I tend to hover around the affordable stuff such as Seiko sarb065 or the second gen black monster.

Regards to hublot they are over priced standard ETA movements and IMO look like bricks on the wrist.

The royal oak is also over rated in its design there's nothing that special for me, saying that I love a sleek and well proportioned case.

Another grail of mine is the Sinn 809.

If you're watch serious come on over to watchuseek forums, we are all enablers lol.

The Sarb065 is gorgeous, I also have a Sarb in my collection (Sarb017 Alpinist)
I also second the bulova Accutron/precisionist lone, the smooth sweeping second hand on a +/-10 second a year quartz watch is amazing, great prices too

This was £70 on eBay like new, no issues at all!

Original post by Redmonds
The Sarb065 is gorgeous, I also have a Sarb in my collection (Sarb017 Alpinist)

I really want the Alpinist, yet to have a green dialed watch and I love the hands on the Alpinist, the 065 really is stunning I recommend it! Poor photo

As said, best is an impossible and, frankly, stupid way of categorising them and - unsurprisingly - only comes from someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Having said that, money no object, one of the Speedmasters that made it to the moon on Apollo 11 would be on my list.
I really want the Alpinist, yet to have a green dialed watch and I love the hands on the Alpinist, the 065 really is stunning I recommend it! Poor photo

That dial is beautiful, shame I have too many dress watches in my collection. This is my newest acquisition, a Certina Action Diver Automatic

2a313eb9-1670-4abd-9061-b67ce5729c56_zpsnq8prtih.JPG
Original post by Drewski
As said, best is an impossible and, frankly, stupid way of categorising them and - unsurprisingly - only comes from someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Having said that, money no object, one of the Speedmasters that made it to the moon on Apollo 11 would be on my list.

Agreed, any watch can be the best for someone, I don't like how OP is disregarding some people's choices such as Casio etc, my little casio has been with me since the start of high school and 7 years later still running in the same battery and everything works.

Did you know a Rolex also made it to the moon.

Agreed, any watch can be the best for someone, I don't like how OP is disregarding some people's choices such as Casio etc, my little casio has been with me since the start of high school and 7 years later still running in the same battery and everything works.

Did you know a Rolex also made it to the moon.

Yeah, a number of Rolexes and Omegas did over the years, but it's that thing about being the first that gets me.

I also have a thing about WW2 and 1950s era pilot watches, particularly those made for the military. They were made in their thousands so they're not overly valuable, but the style is something else. Ofc, OP wouldn't like them because they don't cost enough...
1. Rolex submariner
2. Rolex yacht master 2
3. Rolex GMT
4. Tag Carrera
5. AP Royal Oak offshore

No diamonds and plain black/white faces with black bezel/steel bezel and steel strap
Original post by Redmonds
That dial is beautiful, shame I have too many dress watches in my collection. This is my newest acquisition, a Certina Action Diver Automatic

2a313eb9-1670-4abd-9061-b67ce5729c56_zpsnq8prtih.JPG

That looks beautiful, the blue really pops, I've been eying up some vintage Certina dress watches but the prices are eye watering 😭

(edited 7 years ago)
Getting my sub in November and cannot ****ing wait
Original post by Drewski
Yeah, a number of Rolexes and Omegas did over the years, but it's that thing about being the first that gets me.

I also have a thing about WW2 and 1950s era pilot watches, particularly those made for the military. They were made in their thousands so they're not overly valuable, but the style is something else. Ofc, OP wouldn't like them because they don't cost enough...

Haha yes, big and expensive seems to be the original criteria. I have a few old 50s watches with simple movements inside, I really wish they were slightly larger but the trend back then seems to be small.

15j and 17j movements

13730588_550364128500840_2049454300_o.jpg
Attachment not found

That's my most pricey watch, £65. Got it for my 18th from my sister. The second thing is my St Christopher I got from my Parents also for my 18th. £150. I'd much rather have an expensive St Christopher or signet ring than a watch.
I like the minimalist design on the dial and the brown strap!

Similar style to my AARK tidal

I like the minimalist design on the dial and the brown strap!

Similar style to my AARK tidal

I like this. What make/model is it?
do you ever stop going on about how much money you have smh

Quick Reply