The Student Room Group

the relevance of my degree and the National Curriculum

Hi all, I have a Bussiness Administration & Commerce Degree since 2005 and I have been working as a teaching assistant for about 4 years now after finishing my NVQs in Childcare. Finally, I got an interview for a School Direct with PGCE course, however, I am very distressed because one of the prospective questions is about the relevance of my degree and the National Curriculum and I have no idea how to answer this question.
Any ideas ?
Original post by E_A_83
Hi all, I have a Bussiness Administration & Commerce Degree since 2005 and I have been working as a teaching assistant for about 4 years now after finishing my NVQs in Childcare. Finally, I got an interview for a School Direct with PGCE course, however, I am very distressed because one of the prospective questions is about the relevance of my degree and the National Curriculum and I have no idea how to answer this question.
Any ideas ?

I'm not too sure which age group you'll be teaching? Primary or Secondary? Probably the former.

I have no idea what your degree entailed. But, how many things such as IT, spreadsheets, Maths and problem solving, English and communication? Look at the national curriculum first and then see what it says you should be teaching. I would then link it back to how it related to your degree.
Reply 2
business links in well with Maths and even IT. I know three business studies graduates who are now primary school teachers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending