The Student Room Group

Man stabs 4 women for dressing immodestly in France

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Achaea
"If you show hatred towards any aspects of Tory policy, some Tories will have no choice but to become violent extremists!" "If you hate any aspects of feminism, feminists will become violent extremists!" LOL.

It really is the bigotry of low expectations. These people think they're being so terribly tolerant and progressive, but in reality think that some/many Muslims cannot be expected not to be violent if any aspect of their ideology is criticised.

I know it would be a joke but for all the dead bodies

But yes I do agree with you it is the racism of low expectations at play.
[QUOTE=BaconandSauce;66509994]Yes.

Sectarian violence has existed in the middle east since the birth of islam.

Hatred of the other has been a part of this violence for about the same time.

all we are seeing now is the continuation of a centuries old conflict and people have forgotten the past and allowed this to fester rather than doing as we should do and deal with the problem in a manner that would once and for all end it.

The Middle East was perhaps a much much more stable place before than it is now.

Sure there were dictatorships completely but people like Saddam kept terrorist organisations at bay.

Once you topple over these governments and let these mysterious reble forces and start funding them that's when the trouble escalates.

ISIS rose to prominence once the US started funding random rebels to fight against Assad. I don't usually support Russia but the Russians were right in this situation.

Now you have a destablised Syria.

Why isn't North Korea being invaded? The people there are being treated just as bad.

Reasons why we should never get involved in certain things.
Original post by SterlingArcher
This is nothing about white or brown people but foreign policy that has worked against the people of the ME. Of course, I'm not saying terrorists aren't responsible - my argument is of the root causes which you seem to be completely unable to see.

The "whataboutery" was started by your fellow poster and you. "What about other communities?"

Don't be a hypocite my friend.

The root cause of the problems in the Middle East is Islam and has been for 1400 years, which you seem to be completely unable to see.

And I am not your 'friend'.
The Middle East was perhaps a much much more stable place before than it is now.

Then you do not know history

Go read a book rather than try and argue with ignorance
[QUOTE=BaconandSauce;66510148]Then you do not know history

Go read a book rather than try and argue with ignorance

Is this a joke post or something? Have you seen the state of Afghanistan, Iraq & Syria compared to how it was pre Soviet-Afghan war?

Or are you just being delusional?
Original post by BaconandSauce
There are other communities in the UK who experience criticism of their faith without resorting to mindless violence in its name.

But this is just a case of 'any excuse will do'

No religions are persecuted like Islam in the UK. I live in London and we have groups like Britain First whose political campaigns involve going around harassing Muslims and claiming that their zukat funds terrorism.

This does not happen today with Christianity, Judaism or any other religion. Islam is persecuted a lot more than others in the west.
[QUOTE=Achaea;66510142]The root cause of the problems in the Middle East is Islam and has been for 1400 years, which you seem to be completely unable to see.

And I am not your 'friend'.

Yeah, I'm sure all the Muslims in Britain want to instil a caliphate - am I right my friend?
Yeah, I'm sure all the Muslims in Britain want to instil a caliphate - am I right my friend?

well done a great contribution to the thread............
Original post by swiss_cheese
No religions are persecuted like Islam in the UK. I live in London and we have groups like Britain First whose political campaigns involve going around harassing Muslims and claiming that their zukat funds terrorism.

This does not happen today with Christianity, Judaism or any other religion. Islam is persecuted a lot more than others in the west.

Islam is not 'persecuted' in the UK :smile: (unless you consider the Ahmadis Muslim)

it's joke statements like that that prevent people from taking you seriously.
well done a great contribution to the thread............

You and your fellow poster have been nothing but facetious and then you turn around to say this?

uhhh OK lmfao
Islam is not 'persecuted' in the UK :smile: (unless you consider the Ahmadis Muslim)

it's joke statements like that that prevent people from taking you seriously.

lol to say this is pure denialism, there are right wing groups literally dedicated to hating on Islam in the UK
You and your fellow poster have been nothing but facetious and then you turn around to say this?

uhhh OK lmfao

Good god the strawman was so obvious it was visible from space.
lol to say this is pure denialism, there are right wing groups literally dedicated to hating on Islam in the UK

Nothing wrong with hating an idea or an ideology

but to say Islam is persecuted in the UK (rather than treated equally) is a joke
[QUOTE=BaconandSauce;66510340]Good god the strawman was so obvious it was visible from space.

And now you've run out of things to say so I shall be leaving. :smile:
And now you've run out of things to say so I shall be leaving. :smile:

No. I can go on correcting you all day
Nothing wrong with hating an idea or an ideology

but to say Islam is persecuted in the UK (rather than treated equally) is a joke

Yes there is. Criticism of Islam is fine, but hating Islam isn't.

The latter of which makes Muslims feel angry, isolated and will only contribute towards potential radicalisation.

Literally has nothing to do with anything I said. Yet another favoured regressive left tactic: when people decline your invitation to wallow in endless guilt and self-loathing for causing all the problems in the world, erect a silly irrelevant strawman.
Hypocrite muslim. If he had properly lowered his gaze, he wouldn't have known where to stab.
Yes there is. Criticism of Islam is fine, but hating Islam isn't.

The latter of which makes Muslims feel angry, isolated and will only contribute towards potential radicalisation.

Hating Islam is fine and it's only going to lead to disappointment for those who don't understand this fact.

But you do identify the problem - Muslims want special treatment and if the don't get it they may get all explodey and stabby and start randomly killing people.

You do know that this is not a good message to be pushing but in reality muslims need to grow up and realise their faith is nothing special and being a 'Muslim' does not make them special (and in the main Islam is viewed negatively because of all the murder and general backwardness and ****)
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE=Achaea;66510468]Literally has nothing to do with anything I said. Yet another favoured regressive left tactic: when people decline your invitation to wallow in endless guilt and self-loathing for causing all the problems in the world, erect a silly irrelevant strawman.

I'm glad you said this and your earlier posts; if you know devout Muslims and they are following religious texts word for word but they aren't killing people - what's the problem?

If they have been following this text as close as you can and have been upstanding citizens them it must be their interpretation right?

Or, why is it that these people just suddenly started bombing people - did they happen to inhale some time of poison?

Or maybe, JUST maybe it's due to the events from the 60's

Do you label anyone that doesn't agree with you a "regressive leftie"?

Isn't this what SJWs do? I happen to lean right so what is the problem here?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending