Scroll to see replies

Original post by IsaacMed17
59/75. A star anybody?

Definitely an A*, I'd say
Original post by kingaaran
Definitely an A*, I'd say

Cheers man
Original post by Jay1421
Hey all, sorry for that huge wait - the turning points mark scheme is finally finished. I've had so much to do this week, huge apologies for the inconvenience again.

Here it is!

Hope it helps!

Good luck all!

cheers for this!
how do you get 3.875 for the work function value?
I just realized I made a really stupid mistake on the gas question. probably. idk. In the first part I think I divided by the number of mols instead of multiplying. Maybe. It's only 2 marks right?
What do people think it would be for an A for section a?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did astro and personally I think that`s a fair a* boundary, maybes around 53 for an A. there was a lot of wordy questions this year for astro. I dunno if you would agree?
Original post by allofthestars
I did astro and personally I think that`s a fair a* boundary, maybes around 53 for an A. there was a lot of wordy questions this year for astro. I dunno if you would agree?

I agree that there were a lot of written answers needed in Astro but everything except the last page was completely standard. "Compare the stars" was probably the best 6 mark question that could have been set, and the CCD structure/operation has been asked many times in the past.
Original post by marioman
I agree that there were a lot of written answers needed in Astro but everything except the last page was completely standard. "Compare the stars" was probably the best 6 mark question that could have been set, and the CCD structure/operation has been asked many times in the past.

so what would you think the A grade mark will be ?
so what would you think the A grade mark will be ?

Maybe 55 or 56? Depends how people found Section A really.
Original post by marioman
Maybe 55 or 56? Depends how people found Section A really.

Interesting, its quite a hard one to say really, as looking through past mark schemes there seems to be two different style papers. Ones that get 51-52-53 ish A boundaries, others than get 55- 56 . Comparing the A section personally I thought that paper corresponded well with the 52-53 ish boundary but having seen what you said I do agree that as well it "might" be higher. Its hard to tell Im confused now haha

How did you personally find it?
For the work function question on turning points I used eV=hf-w therefore w=hf-eV and using the numbers given I got 3.675 not 3.875. Help ?????
Interesting, its quite a hard one to say really, as looking through past mark schemes there seems to be two different style papers. Ones that get 51-52-53 ish A boundaries, others than get 55- 56 . Comparing the A section personally I thought that paper corresponded well with the 52-53 ish boundary but having seen what you said I do agree that as well it "might" be higher. Its hard to tell Im confused now haha

How did you personally find it?

I thought it was definitely on the easy side but not the most straightforward.
Original post by Hdnvwizndb
For the work function question on turning points I used eV=hf-w therefore w=hf-eV and using the numbers given I got 3.675 not 3.875. Help ?????

I did the same thing, are you sure 3.875 is correct?
Original post by MCPC247
I did the same thing, are you sure 3.875 is correct?

Original post by Hdnvwizndb

Hey guys, sorry - I didn't recalculate it when I was writing out the mark scheme as I was rushing - I think you're both correct in saying it is 3.675x10^-19J.

Sorry for confusing anybody! It was from memory :frown:
A bit late but was the answer to the last astro calculation 2.37x10^14 AU?
Original post by DesignPredator
A bit late but was the answer to the last astro calculation 2.37x10^14 AU?

Yes it was :-)
]Anybody do OCR chemistry, AQA physics or OCR MEI Further Maths?
Predictions for A* grade boundaries/full ums?
My Predictions:
F324 A*: 54/60
F325 A*: 85/100
PHYA4 A*: 59/75
PHYA5 A*: 60/75
DE full ums: 72/72
FP1 full ums: 70/72
FP2 full ums: 70/72??
M2 full ums: 70/72
S2 full ums: 72/72
S3 full ums: 72/72
Edits and replies will be appreciated
Reply 1318
Original post by notanooblol
]Anybody do OCR chemistry, AQA physics or OCR MEI Further Maths?
Predictions for A* grade boundaries/full ums?
My Predictions:
F324 A*: 54/60
F325 A*: 85/100
PHYA4 A*: 59/75
PHYA5 A*: 60/75
DE full ums: 72/72
FP1 full ums: 70/72
FP2 full ums: 70/72??
M2 full ums: 70/72
S2 full ums: 72/72
S3 full ums: 72/72
Edits and replies will be appreciated

what optional unit did you do for phya5? (Please dont say astro :/)
Original post by boyyo
what optional unit did you do for phya5? (Please dont say astro :/)

Applied, you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending