Angela Eagle drops out of Labour leadership bid

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Good bloke
Bills are not policy statements.

semantics
Reply 41
Original post by viffer
I am on a zero hours contract through choice. My employer offered me F/T but I declined. The current arrangement offers me total flexibility and the employers asks me when I'm available rather than tells when to make myself available. Some employers may abuse them but ZHC are absolutely not a problem in themselves.

It is the abuse he wants to get rid of, and not just with in zero hours contracts. Employers left to their own devices, have to pay the least possible or lose out to more ruthless competitors. That is why there needs to be minimums set and regulations on conditions. These provide a level playing field for both employees and employers.
Original post by Aliccam
semantics

Are you suggesting that the meanings of words, especially when discussing legal and political matters, are unimportant? A career in extremist politics beckons.
Reply 43
Original post by Aliccam
It is the abuse he wants to get rid of, and not just with in zero hours contracts. Employers left to their own devices, have to pay the least possible or lose out to more ruthless competitors. That is why there needs to be minimums set and regulations on conditions. These provide a level playing field for both employees and employers.

No it isn't. He categorically stated he wanted to ban them outright but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good disagreement :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending