The Student Room Group

Which top Unis are most likely to have vacanicies?

I expect to get better grades than i applied for
Which top 10 unis are worth a shot through adjustment/?
Not sure how you define top, but nearly all Russel Group universities use adjustment. What do you want to study?
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Not sure how you define top, but nearly all Russel Group universities use adjustment. What do you want to study?

The kind of AAB-AAA entry requirement type
Politics
Original post by Mvpmb
The kind of AAB-AAA entry requirement type
Politics

Given your other threads about being unable to decide between Southampton and Loughborough, and possibly having a crack at Oxbridge, you appear to be in a state of indecision.

I suggest you do some solid research on unis which might be in adjustment for politics (most are possible apart from Oxbridge, LSE and UCL) but don't make a choice based on a whim or a rush of elation should you exceed your firm offer.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Given your other threads about being unable to decide between Southampton and Loughborough, and possibly having a crack at Oxbridge, you appear to be in a state of indecision.

I suggest you do some solid research on unis which might be in adjustment for politics (most are possible apart from Oxbridge, LSE and UCL) but don't make a choice based on a whim or a rush of elation should you exceed your firm offer.

Hahah good observation!

I went from a U grade student to an A grade student in the space of a year so I simply wasn't prepared for these kind of dilemmas as I've spent most of my life not wanting to go to university
Now that I realized I can go it's a bit overwhelming 😣
Reply 5
Go on the websites and have a lot at the modules to decide which course interests you the most ? :smile:
Original post by Mvpmb
Hahah good observation!

I went from a U grade student to an A grade student in the space of a year so I simply wasn't prepared for these kind of dilemmas as I've spent most of my life not wanting to go to university

In that case I would suggest that you wait for your actual results and if significantly better than originally anticipated you take a gap year to consider exactly what you want to do and where.
Original post by Mvpmb
Hahah good observation!

Congrats, you've smashed it! If you've got that kind of work ethic I imagine you'll excel regardless of which uni you choose.
I believe York does and has a very good reputation for BA Politics.

The requirement is AAB.
Original post by ageshallnot

UCL has been in adjustment before.
Original post by tanyapotter
UCL has been in adjustment before.

Come to think of it I think you're correct. My mistake if so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending