The Student Room Group

Tall girls

Lads, do you like 'em? And I don't mean in just heels, but also taller than you even in flats.

Girls, do you consider yourself a tall girl? Is it a deal breaker if the guy is shorter than you? Is it hard or easy to shop for your clothes? How do you feel being the tallest girl in most scenarios?

I personally don't mind it if she's a little taller than me. I prefer them to be around eye level with me. Any shorter would make me feel like a paedophile.
Original post by ColossalAtom
Lads, do you like 'em? And I don't mean in just heels, but also taller than you even in flats.

Girls, do you consider yourself a tall girl? Is it a deal breaker if the guy is shorter than you? Is it hard or easy to shop for your clothes? How do you feel being the tallest girl in most scenarios?

I personally don't mind it if she's a little taller than me. I prefer them to be around eye level with me. Any shorter would make me feel like a paedophile.

I'm 5ft11GIRL so considered tall. I made a similiar thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4145227
The response was some guys do, some guys prefer shorter. :h:
I'm quite petite, and I would hate for the male to be smaller than me. They have to be taller.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I'm 5ft11GIRL so considered tall. I made a similiar thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4145227
The response was some guys do, some guys prefer shorter. :h:

Oh wow, that's a recent one too. Sorry :frown:
Oh wow, that's a recent one too. Sorry :frown:

Why are you apologising :frown:?
Reply 5
I'm just under 5ft 8 and whilst I'm not the tallest and I'm not overly tall I don't like my height. My boyfriend is 5ft 10 so it's nice, since I prefer taller guys and he doesn't mind that I'm taller than him in heels:tongue: and he says he likes that I'm tall, but not too tall.
I don't tend to like smaller guys, but that's just my preference and the fact I don't like my height. Some girls like shorter guys.
Reply 6

Meh not too bothered
Original post by Emily.97
I'm quite petite, and I would hate for the male to be smaller than me. They have to be taller.

I thinking that you're thinking that small men have a small paenus
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Why are you apologising :frown:?

For redundancy about the same topic not too far apart in time frame.
For redundancy about the same topic not too far apart in time frame.

You still don't need to apologise:biggrin:

I'm about 5'4 (and a girl). I wouldn't mind if the guy is a little shorter than me. Under 5'3 though and it might bother me... Though if he was really nice I would date him anyway.

At 5'7'', I'm certainly not the tallest girl in the world but I'm taller than about 90% of women I come across and a respectable % of men too. I don't mind personally if the guy is somewhat shorter than me, maybe two or three inches, but any more than that and it just starts to look weird. Shopping for myself is still easy mostly because I'm not unusually tall although sometimes I struggle to find sleeves long enough if I don't wear guy clothes. I don't mind being the tallest girl/ person in the room either, it happens rarely so it's funny when it does happen
Reply 11
I rarely find a girl taller than me, in fact as far as I can think of I don't personally know any taller than me (at c. 6ft 2), the problem for me really is when girls are too short. I have an Asian friend who barely comes halfway up my chest, and although she's my friend, talking to her whilst walking or standing is always awkward, so that wouldn't work in a relationship. I'd say the perfect height is past my shoulder in flats, so about 1-2 inches shorter in a tall pair of heels.
Original post by BobSausage
I rarely find a girl taller than me, in fact as far as I can think of I don't personally know any taller than me (at c. 6ft 2), the problem for me really is when girls are too short. I have an Asian friend who barely comes halfway up my chest, and although she's my friend, talking to her whilst walking or standing is always awkward, so that wouldn't work in a relationship. I'd say the perfect height is past my shoulder in flats, so about 1-2 inches shorter in a tall pair of heels.

So your ideal girl is about 5'10?

I'm 5'11" so I consider myself tall of course. I wouldn't mind going out with a guy shorter than me. I love being tall, it actually makes it easier finding clothes I.e. Majority of models are tall. In my opinion, tall is sexy:smile:
Reply 14
So your ideal girl is about 5'10?

Yeah give or take up to 2".
I'm a petite 5'4 so personally it is a turn off if a guy is shorter than me cuz you know all the 'big spoon' and 'small spoon' stuff HAHA I want a tall boyfriend
Men have to be taller
Original post by jacinto downer
Men have to be taller

Pretty weird to say that men 'have' to be taller, although it is usually far more common for guys to be with someone shorter than them.

I think it also really does depend a lot on the builds of the people. As a guy who's sportier/bulkier, I really don't look tall although I'm of average height.

Likewise, girls who are shorter and yet are still well proportioned, might seem more 'feminine' most of the times. Although, an often benefit of being a taller girl, I think, is longer legs, or more elegance, which is also feminine. I'm now conflicted actually

Yay for rants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending