The Student Room Group

I don't want to go to uni anymore!!!!!

I've never wanted to go to uni and have always been the person that thought no one could ever convince me to go to uni, despite me always aiming for the best and highest grades, uni was never on my plan. My teachers pushed me and so did my friends but I wouldn't budge however when it come to applications I seemed to look up and get a feel for the idea of uni. I loved the social side and thought it would be a fun experience and a couple of months ago I was on a uni hype and could not wait to leave for uni, at this time I was in a bad place and felt terrible so moving away seemed like the best option and I was beyond excited. However now I'm in a good place, I'm happy and not one part of me wants to go to uni I am dreading it. Even when j was hyped I could never get over how long it would take me. At first I thought it was nerves but honestly nerves doesn't feel the way I'm feeling right now.What do I do???? I have been offered a good scholarship to also attend this year, but even that is not an incentive anymore.
Reply 1
what are you other options.
If you're smart enough to go to uni in the first place then I would advice to take this opportunity as the chances are you will excel at university and you will regret it if you don't go.

you could just go and if you don't like it then just leave ?
Reply 2
If you don't want to then just don't go. You can always start working straight away if uni isn't your thing
Original post by Sophi3_27
I've never wanted to go to uni and have always been the person that thought no one could ever convince me to go to uni, despite me always aiming for the best and highest grades, uni was never on my plan. My teachers pushed me and so did my friends but I wouldn't budge however when it come to applications I seemed to look up and get a feel for the idea of uni. I loved the social side and thought it would be a fun experience and a couple of months ago I was on a uni hype and could not wait to leave for uni, at this time I was in a bad place and felt terrible so moving away seemed like the best option and I was beyond excited. However now I'm in a good place, I'm happy and not one part of me wants to go to uni I am dreading it. Even when j was hyped I could never get over how long it would take me. At first I thought it was nerves but honestly nerves doesn't feel the way I'm feeling right now.What do I do???? I have been offered a good scholarship to also attend this year, but even that is not an incentive anymore.

As above, don't go then, but be sure its a major change and not just nerves.

As above you need to decide what you wnat to do as an alternative. You could just take a gao year and think about it. You could ask to defer.

The next problem is your parents. It is better you have a ready made plan and alternative options available so when you tell them, then you ca show you have thought it through. You arent in a race, but you just need to make the best decisions for yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest