The Student Room Group

Ask any question about Shia-Islam thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Can everyone just make it fair for Tawheed brother and ask relating to Shiasm only please.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 261
Original post by IdeasForLife
I don't think anyone has done anything other then that on this thread. :tongue:

I am talking about the new crew lol in case they do. :tongue:
Let's not mess up the thread.

My notifications are not working!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 262
Original post by IdeasForLife
You can just report people if they start to derail :smile:

It happens from time to time.

Thanks but....erm....I am weird I never report :redface:

Yep!
Original post by The Epicurean
x
Original post by chemting
x
Present. What's the status? :lockstock::tongue:
Do Shia Muslims believe that the Ahmadiyya community are Muslims?

What do Shia Muslims believe about interfaith relations?
Pretty much all our posts have been reported by a certain someone. :colone: :lol:
Reply 266
Original post by h333
@Tawheed brother no one told me to come on this thread I just did myself with my own will.

Dear sister, i was not talking about you. You and anyone else are perfectly welcome to ask questions.

I was referring to some of the other users, who often team up on a number of threads i make, and all reply to me in one go, which makes it very difficult for me to stay with replies.

:smile: May Allah forgive us all.
Reply 267
Original post by Tawheed
Dear sister, i was not talking about you. You and anyone else are perfectly welcome to ask questions.

I was referring to some of the other users, who often team up on a number of threads i make, and all reply to me in one go, which makes it very difficult for me to stay with replies.

:smile: May Allah forgive us all.

Alhamdulillah :biggrin:

How many threads have you made lol? :colone:

Ameen. :h:

Btw if I had not visited this thread now I would have not known you quoted me. :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 268
Original post by h333
Alhamdulillah :biggrin:

How many threads have you made lol? :colone:

A few. The only strength and power if from Allah.

Ameen. :h:

Btw if I had not visited this thread now I would have not known you quoted me. :colonhash:

Forgive me dear sister - was it not quoted properly / the link broken ?
Reply 269
Original post by Trapz99
Do Shia Muslims believe that the Ahmadiyya community are Muslims?

I don't really know, but i would never call an adhmadi muslim by an offensive nick-name, call them kuffar, or abuse them, or cluster gang up on them.

I'll find out for you though.

What do Shia Muslims believe about interfaith relations?

The shia position on interfaith relations is different to the salafi position. In our madhab, we are not just told to be good to non-muslims and be cordial, but we are allowed to be close friends with them, associate with them, so long as it is not in Haram.

Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s, the rightful successor of Muhammed s.a.w stated in one of his letters to his governors: "A person is either your brother in faith, or equal in humanity ".

Ayatullah Sistani - the biggest shia scholar alive today - has stated that one can be friends with a non-muslim.

We are taught to be productive members of society, to integrate without compromising our beliefs, to show love and compassion to our neighbours, and to be an asset to british society - not a burden. We are encouraged to partake in politics, rather than being told we are being accomplices 'with the kuffar'.

As for the salafi-position, you can read it here: https://islamqa.info/en/21530

According to the salafi-sect, being friends with a 'rafidha' (an abusive name for a shia) or many groups within the ahlus-sunnah who they regard as innovators, is not encouraged and potentially forbidden.

So you and i can be good friends, so long as there is mutual respect shown. But a salafi can't be my friend, or even your friend.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 270
Original post by Achaea
You forgot @QE2! :redface: Seriously, I had no idea that the TSR atheists so often tag each other here. I've never seen it before. Huh. I'm sure though that the member who said we do will be able to provide some evidence. I'd hate people to think he was just making things up.

Ask any question about Shia Islam...hmmmm. I suppose really my question wold be how anyone can think that Islam is a perfect divine religion when it's caused so much sectarianism, hatred, bigotry, prejudice, hostility, rudeness and division - as we've had ample evidence of right here on TSR in the last few days.

Original post by dozyrosie
You are Atheist too, about all the other gods that have been or ever will be, or are you guilty of shirk.

Original post by Hydeman
@Zamestaneh seems to have forgotten about the now-defunct (or made private) 'I-Soc Secret Base.' How's that for 'we don't tactically plan how to respond' in debates. :toofunny:

I would say lying is haram, but apparently anything and everything is a-okay if used to insult/make fun of those that Zammy doesn't like. :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me more about this secret forum ? Who were its users, and what sort of things were said in there? I'm genuinely interested.

I would have thought Personal Messages and whatsapp would have been enough to strategise.

I've reverse traced users here who also own accounts on other forums. It wasn't pretty
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Can anyone tell me more about this secret forum ? Who were its users, and what sort of things were said in there? I'm genuinely interested.

Alas, it was closed down/taken off the public domain when someone from here found it and mentioned it in ExMusSoc. :tongue:

There's not much to be found using archives and the like besides the ransacked homepage - though one can see that brother Ash used to go on it. :colone:

I would have thought Personal Messages and whatsapp would have been enough to strategise.

They do use those now, given that the 'secret base' failed miserably.

I've reverse traced users here who also own accounts on other forums. It wasn't pretty

I can imagine. :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 272
Original post by Hydeman
x

To some users here, i'm worse than even the non-muslim, so don't feel hard done by. You have your tag-team army behind you, i have nobody.
Original post by Tawheed
To some users here, i'm worse than even the non-muslim, so don't feel hard done by. You have your tag-team army behind you, i have nobody.

You do realise that all the tagging was a joke in response to what Zamestaneh said, right? :lol:

Atheists on TSR don't really go around tagging each other into every thread to try to gang up on people - that's just a spontaneous lie told by Zamestaneh because he felt that he had to take a sideways shot at atheists in a thread about Shia Islam to help him sleep better at night.

As for not having anybody: I don't see why one would need anybody. It's not a good thing to be part of a virtual gang that seeks to win arguments by overwhelming force of numbers, harass others in an effort to drive them out of certain societies, and generally behave like online thugs. If you feel you're being harassed, then you should make a thread about it in AtCT. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
You do realise that all the tagging was a joke in response to what Zamestaneh said, right? :lol:
Atheists on TSR don't really go around tagging each other into every thread to try to gang up on people - that's just a spontaneous lie told by Zamestaneh because he felt that he had to take a sideways shot at atheists in a thread about Shia Islam. Why he couldn't think up a legitimate criticism, of which there are many, I don't know.

I have witnessed several times when you/your peers have tagged each other into threads, not necessarily with the express intention of a group attack, though that is the realised outcome each time. Obviously you guys don't tag in the exaggerated way you have just now, rather it's one/two/three users usually from my observations.
Original post by Tawheed
Can anyone tell me more about this secret forum? Who were its users, and what sort of things were said in there? I'm genuinely interested.

It wasn't for the purpose of strategising per se, rather it was meant to be a concentrated pool of pretyped responses which could be copy and pasted in response to common misconceptions or things non-Muslims bash us on e.g. terrorism, slavery, Aisha (RA), wife beating etc, as these are the most frequently regurgitated threads on the TSR religious section and this would save time and effort. Imagine an ISOC community library version of your pretyped responses perhaps - the intentions and purpose are similar.

We decided to use this small forum hosting website because it was a place we could all access conveniently and anonymously (with respect to real life) since the brothers and sisters do not talk to one another off of TSR, and not everyone has each other's numbers.

The Ex-Muslims et al like to mock us for it because... well I am not even sure tbh; conceitedness perhaps - finding it entertaining that we went to a place where they wouldn't be able bash us as we exchange ideas and knowledge.
Original post by Tawheed
ء

I think i have seen u on shia chat :colone:
Original post by Zamestaneh
I have witnessed several times when you/your peers have tagged each other into threads, not necessarily with the express intention of a group attack, though that is the realised outcome each time. Obviously you guys don't tag in the exaggerated way you have just now, rather it's one/two/three users usually from my observations.

The highlighted - you suggested the opposite in your original claim. Feel free to show where I/my peers have done what you originally claimed, i.e. deliberately tagged people in as 'backup' to overwhelm someone in argument.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed

Do you know any other sites? I have been looking for a better site for ages as TSR has become shite with the mods continually putting their interpretation of the rules in, Mods are no better than lefty voters.
Reply 279
Original post by Al-farhan
I think i have seen u on shia chat :colone:

And i am proud of it. What i say on here, i say on there. I have one face. Not you in particular, but some users here would drive a mile to hide what they say about me (or people of my madhab) on other boards/whats app groups.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending