The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Flanagan considering a loan move to Burnley, possibly why he isn't in the squad.
Jesus Mané is so fast!

Should be 1-0; ref got that wrong.
Only a friendly though - I'd rather it happen now than in the PL!!!
Bloody hell, what a save Karius!

Pls be the next DDG :colondollar:
1-0 Grujic

Lovely controlled finish
Penalty to Liverpool
Coutinho pen, saved. 2nd pen missed in pre-season.
Original post by mr tim
Penalty to Liverpool

Another penalty miss!!

Great save by the keeper in all honesty but we need Milner back on them :frown:
Who missed the penalty?
Original post by Zerforax
Who missed the penalty?

Coutinho - see mr tim's post above :tongue:

I don't like how hard Huddersfield are being with their tackles.
It's a friendly, calm down guys...
Liverpool and Stoke agree £13-£14m fee for Allen.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
Stoke agree £13-£14m fee for Allen.

Very sad if he goes but I guess that's not a bad figure for a squad player with only a year left on his contract.

Stoke actually have an impressive side. Very inconsistent but on their day they can be deadly going forward. Allen would certainly help to increase their consistency.
Original post by mr tim
Stoke agree £13-£14m fee for Allen.

Good fee for a player with only a year left. Hopefully someone like Swansea would at least match it too.
Good fee for a player with only a year left. Hopefully someone like Swansea would at least match it too.

Maybe it'll start a bidding war and he'll go for 20m :colondollar:
Shamal George (our sub GK) is coming on for an injured Lucas.

You don't see that every day...
We're playing like **** this half.
Original post by Lúcio
Maybe it'll start a bidding war and he'll go for 20m :colondollar:

I doubt either are that desperate and we'd probably just accept rather than try to drive up.
2nd penalty of the game
If we miss this one too...

EDIT: Moreno 2-0
Should've let George take it tbh!!
I doubt either are that desperate and we'd probably just accept rather than try to drive up.

Well we actually have some really good squad depth now in midfield.

Can, Grujic, Henderson and Wijnaldum (if we sign him) can all play in the 2 midfield spots we have.

Without Europe, with 4 players ahead of him, Allen's playtime would be too low for a player of his ability so maybe moving on is the right thing to do.
Quite a busy day transfer-wise with Bogdan (and potentially Allen after we accepted £13m) leaving and Klavan coming in.
Seeing essentially our sixth/seventh choice keeper play midfield brought a smile to my face from tonight's friendly, nearly ten years since Reina played midfield against Kaiserslautern in a preseason friendly :smile: Happy with four wins and four clean sheets from four games but I'll be surprised if we manage that in the remaining preseason games against tougher opposition.
Hamstring for Lucas.

Latest