The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths GCSE

If I got 55 marks in paper 1 and 80 marks in paper 2, What grade would that be?

Scroll to see replies

55 is around a B.
80 is around an A.

I don't know what grade it would be overall, probably a B or A. Depending on the grade boundaries and if they are high or low grades. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by miraclemuokebe

I think it is grade A
Reply 3
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
55 is around a B.
80 is around an A.

I don't know what grade it would be overall, probably a B or A. Depending on the grade boundaries and if they are high or low grades. :smile:

80 is an A*
Original post by anojan
I think it is grade A

I really hope so as I have worked so hard. Thank you for the quick reply.
Reply 5
I really hope so as I have worked so hard. Thank you for the quick reply.

You're welcome:smile:
But I am saying the truth because Paper 1 you got 55 that is grade B and paper 2 you got 80 that is A*.When you add together,I am sure you will get A.
I got 59 in paper 1 and 74 in paper 2 any grade ideas ? pls
Reply 7
Original post by Waveyalex
I got 59 in paper 1 and 74 in paper 2 any grade ideas ? pls

Borderline A. Could well be a B though depending on boundaries.
Original post by B_9710
Borderline A. Could well be a B though depending on boundaries.

\Do you reckon this year could be higher than 2014s grade boundaries personally 2014 was rather easy compaered to 2016 ?
Reply 9
\Do you reckon this year could be higher than 2014s grade boundaries personally 2014 was rather easy compaered to 2016 ?

I haven't seen any of the papers so I wouldn't know.
Original post by B_9710
I haven't seen any of the papers so I wouldn't know.

How many marks do edexcel increase the grade boundary by each year ?
That averages around 67.5-68, which is almost certainly an A, unless the grade boundaries have gone up signifcantly.
Original post by _gcx
That averages around 67.5-68, which is almost certainly an A, unless the grade boundaries have gone up signifcantly.

I got 59 in paper 1 and 74 paper 2 wat u reckon ?
I got 59 in paper 1 and 74 paper 2 wat u reckon ?

Either a high B or a low A, it all depends on the grade boundaries. For example, last year they were pretty low, so it would likely be more reminiscient of the June 2014 boundaries. I may be wrong, though. Last year, it was extremely low at ~62%. It's safe to, however, assume ~65-68ish% (I would generally say around 130-134 across both papers) as an A. I wouldn't count on the grade boundaries being lower this year. Apparently, last years exam was exceptionally hard, in relation to past years, at least.
Original post by _gcx
Either a high B or a low A, it all depends on the grade boundaries. For example, last year they were pretty low, so it would likely be more reminiscient of the June 2014 boundaries. I may be wrong, though. Last year, it was extremely low at ~62%. It's safe to, however, assume ~65-68ish% (I would generally say around 130-134 across both papers) as an A. I wouldn't count on the grade boundaries being lower this year. Apparently, last years exam was exceptionally hard, in relation to past years, at least.

last year it was on the news for being hard and im swaying towards 130 because its an increase by 5 marks and theyve never used 130 for grade A since 2012 and i believe they dont re-use the same grade boundary mark generally wat u think ?

That adds to 135 which is usually an A. You're on the boundary though, you're the same as me. I feel like on results day I might be a few marks off an A or scrape an A! I've worked so hard, and for the calculator, every single past paper I did I got an A on so I know I couldn't have done anything more :frown:

I dunno, that exam just really threw me off I can't explain it. I went into calc really confident, and it was going so well until I looked up at the clock and realised I didn't have much time left...
Original post by romansholiday
That adds to 135 which is usually an A. You're on the boundary though, you're the same as me. I feel like on results day I might be a few marks off an A or scrape an A! I've worked so hard, and for the calculator, every single past paper I did I got an A on so I know I couldn't have done anything more :frown:

I dunno, that exam just really threw me off I can't explain it. I went into calc really confident, and it was going so well until I looked up at the clock and realised I didn't have much time left...

I feel like I could have done so much better on the non calculator paper but I just panicked and lost easy marks. I really pray that I get an A because I worked really really hard. Hopefully we will both get an A.

80/80? jheez how did you only get 55 in the first paper?, dont tell me you revised the specimen?

Original post by anojan
80 is an A*

more like a level 9
Original post by theBranicAc
80/80? jheez how did you only get 55 in the first paper?, dont tell me you revised the specimen?

more like a level 9

I panicked on the first paper and I lost alot of easy marks.
I panicked on the first paper and I lost alot of easy marks.

hmm seems legit :dumbells:

Quick Reply

Latest