The Student Room Group

Sectioned during exam period

I recently applied to university during a year out. I received all 5 offers based on my results in the resits I had planned. However, sadly, during the exam period I was sectioned under the mental health act meaning I missed all my resits.

Does anyone know the protocol for reapplying for next year? Can I use the same UCAS application? I understand I need to cancel my student finance. Just any advice would be hugely appreciated.
Original post by hermes73
I recently applied to university during a year out. I received all 5 offers based on my results in the resits I had planned. However, sadly, during the exam period I was sectioned under the mental health act meaning I missed all my resits.

Does anyone know the protocol for reapplying for next year? Can I use the same UCAS application? I understand I need to cancel my student finance. Just any advice would be hugely appreciated.

You'd need to do a fresh application i m afraid.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You'd need to do a fresh application i m afraid.

I plan on applying to the exact same universities. Should I let them know of the circumstances? Or just reapply completely afresh?
Original post by hermes73
I plan on applying to the exact same universities. Should I let them know of the circumstances? Or just reapply completely afresh?

Give them a phone call and ask what their ec admissions policy is, they're all different and some are more compassionate than others. Did the exam boards get informed you were in hospital?

Quick Reply

Latest