Original post by ash92:)
Nah, I usually organise the vote :fatcontroller:

Salaams Ash, welcome back.
Original post by Al-farhan
Salaams Ash, welcome back.

wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah
Reply 563
Original post by HAnwar
Everything about him, his slang, body language, mannerisms. Don't have anything against him he just makes good entertainment.
Lol yeah his videos are too long, never watched a full one.
But yeah love the enthusiasm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok.
Oh really lol.....I have watched a couple and they were quite beneficial to me Alhamdulillah.
Ik :biggrin:

How are you? How is uni(?)?

Jzk.I am fine Alhamdulillah. On holidays so Alhamdulillah :h:.
أَمَّن يُجِيبُ الْمُضْطَرَّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ وَيَكْشِفُ السُّوءَ وَيَجْعَلُكُمْ خُلَفَاءَ الْأَرْضِ ۗ أَإِلَٰهٌ مَّعَ اللَّهِ ۚ قَلِيلًا مَّا تَذَكَّرُونَ

Is He [not best] who responds to the desperate one when he calls upon Him and removes evil and makes you inheritors of the earth? Is there a deity with Allah ? Little do you remember.
[Surah al-Naml, ayah 62]

"When a person finds himself in real distress, expecting little help from anywhere, he resorts to none other than God to remove his distress. This is especially so when the distress is too much to cope with; when the help one had been expecting from friends and relatives fails to materialize; when one looks around only to find oneself in a hopeless situation with no means of escape; when no power, not even one’s own, is able to do much to relieve one’s distress; when whatever one has prepared for hard times proves useless. In such a situation human nature wakes up and appeals to the only power that can provide help and support. Man then appeals to God, even though he had forgotten Him in times of ease and plenty.

It is only God, and none other, who responds to a person in distress and removes ill and hardship. It is God who restores security to such a person and removes all that has been afflicting him.

In times of ease and plenty people are oblivious of this fact. They try to find support and protection with some worldly power, flimsy as such may be. Yet when distress and hardship are too strong, their nature regains insight and they turn back to their Lord, seeking His forgiveness and support."

"The sūrah continues to direct their feelings to realities in their life: “And makes you inherit the earth?” Who is it that allows people to take charge of the earth? It is God who initially placed mankind in charge of the earth, and then made them succeed one another, generation after generation. It is He who created them in accordance with laws of nature that allow their existence on earth, and granted them talents and abilities that prepare them for their great task of building life on earth. These laws make the earth what it is, providing them with a suitable abode, and produce harmony and complementarity in the whole universe so as to provide and maintain the balance that promotes life and ensures its continuity. Should any of the many existing conditions be disturbed, life on earth becomes impossible.

Besides, it is God who has determined life and death, to allow one generation to succeed another. Had earlier generations continued to live, the earth would be too small for them and their descendants. Life, civilization and thought would have become stale and slow, as the succession of generations promotes new thinking and experimenting. Had too many generations been allowed to live together, conflict and dispute would have increased exponentially.

All these are facts we find within the human soul, in the same way as the facts mentioned earlier exist in the universe. Who brought about their existence? “Could there be any deity alongside God?” (Verse 62) They certainly forget or choose to be oblivious. “Little do they reflect.” (Verse 62) Had man reflected on such facts, he would maintain his bond with God as it was originally. He would not have been oblivious of it, and he would never have associated partners with God."

[Fee dhilaal al-Qur'an]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Ok.
Oh really lol.....I have watched a couple and they were quite beneficial to me Alhamdulillah.
Ik :biggrin:

Jzk.I am fine Alhamdulillah. On holidays so Alhamdulillah :h:.

awesomes :awesome:
Reply 566

:cry2::cry2::cry2: SubhanAllah.
Original post by HAnwar
Everything about him, his slang, body language, mannerisms. Don't have anything against him he just makes good entertainment.
Lol yeah his videos are too long, never watched a full one.
But yeah love the enthusiasm.

I do like some of Dawah mans video's, and i do feel he is sincere, but ofcourse, i take the view of yassir Qahdi, hamzah yusuf, etc when it comes to Dawah mans methods.

I spoke to one of my salafi-cousins the other day actually about dawah mans hour long video refuting yasir qadhi. I told him i don't think that's helpful in our Ummah.

Though, my cousin told me (as he's met these people) that they tried to call Yasi Qadhi but didn't get hold of him, and so decided to post an hour long refutation of him, so it was not just like going behind his back.

My cousin told me (among the reasons) that he joined the movement because he feels it is incumbent on the muslims to call out anyone who does not follow the exact sunnah (or what he claims is his interpretation of it).

Anyway, you know i have to choose my words carefully, or i get a cluster of quotes by those wishing to pick apart anything i say, so i'll leave the discussion at that, and may Allah azwj guide us all.
Reply 569
Original post by Tawheed
I do like some of Dawah mans video's, and i do feel he is sincere, but ofcourse, i take the view of yassir Qahdi, hamzah yusuf, etc when it comes to Dawah mans methods.

I spoke to one of my salafi-cousins the other day actually about dawah mans hour long video refuting yasir qadhi. I told him i don't think that's helpful in our Ummah.

Though, my cousin told me (as he's met these people) that they tried to call Yasi Qadhi but didn't get hold of him, and so decided to post an hour long refutation of him, so it was not just like going behind his back.

My cousin told me (among the reasons) that he joined the movement because he feels it is incumbent on the muslims to call out anyone who does not follow the exact sunnah (or what he claims is his interpretation of it).

Anyway, you know i have to choose my words carefully, or i get a cluster of quotes by those wishing to pick apart anything i say, so i'll leave the discussion at that, and may Allah azwj guide us all.

:K::mute:

Ameen.
Original post by h333
Prsom, SubhanAllah. Why did it make me feel as if I am hearing it for the first time? :cry2:

@Zamestaneh Jazak Allah khair for sharing. SubhanAllah. I feel the same h333. Sometimes I hear it recited and it's like I was listening to it the first time again. It's a good sign for the state of our hearts that we respond this way even after hearing it so many times. May Allah increase us in humility and taqwa.
Original post by Inve
@Zamestaneh Jazak Allah khair for sharing. SubhanAllah. I feel the same h333. Sometimes I hear it recited and it's like I was listening to it the first time again. It's a good sign for the state of our hearts that we respond this way even after hearing it so many times. May Allah increase us in humility and taqwa.

Ameen :smile: BarakAllahu feek
@ash92 [s]smile[/s] great post ashu bhai
Original post by Tawheed

Which movement?
Original post by Tawheed

Yeah I'm not saying his videos are bad, I appreciate he puts a lot of effort into them.

Yeah I saw most of that video. I think he was talking about YQ wanting a reform of Islam. He used snippets of YQ's videos, but I think he might have taken them out of context. I tried to trace the original videos back, but I couldn't find them.
I don't really agree with the video. I think he might have misunderstood what YQ was saying.

I have heard DM saying he tries to get in contact with others, but they don't respond so he makes the videos public.

Hmm I guess he has good intentions.

Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZuluK
Salaam all,

I don't regularly post on here but I lost someone close a few days ago and to be honest I feel my faith slipping. The one thing I always stood strongly by was my faith and yes, I'm not the best Muslim but my faith in Allah and in Islam was what kept me going but now? I don't know. Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Walaykumsalam dear brother,

First of all, i give you my deepest and heartfelt condolences at the loss of the one who was close to you. From Allah we come from and to him we shall return.

No words i can say are designed to be a complete fix, and you may have to , over the longer term, embark on a path of healing. In essence, all i wish to do is try to give you some of the tools, which you can choose from (if at all) to begin to embark on this path.

Before i do so, let me say, that losing someone is not easy. Sometimes, when we undergo these enormous moments in our lives, it can cause us to have an identity crisis. We feel as though the world around us, the world we knew so well, is not the same world we thought it was. This leads us to questioning who we are, as individuals. And it's so painful, and so difficult.

I won't tell you things you may already now, like how this life is a test, and so on. However, i think when one comes to the realisation that, the existence we have, no matter how badly we want things to go peacefully, in this world, it's not possible. There is chaos, corruption, hatred, misguidance, murder, and so many vices. You know, the Prophet s.a.w and his Ahlulbayt asws would compare this world to that of a traveler, who pitches up his or her tent, wakes up the next day, and moves on.

I promise you, there will be a day of justice, of fairness, where no-one will be wronged, and where not even an atoms weight of unfairness will be dealt to anybody. People who truly wanted to be happy, and were open to the truth, by the mercy of God, if he so wills, will enter paradise. There will be some people, who will have had so much misfortune and suffering, but when placed into paradise for even a moment, and asked if any trouble befell them, would say absolutely none. You will not feel all of the heartache eternally.

What is often not really spoken about is the suffering Muhammed s.a.w. and his Ahlulbayt asws had to go through. For one, did you know, Muhammed s.a.w lost so many children , some of them in their infancies ? He was even taunted about his lack of sons, and abused after losing children. Feaces were thrown onto him, him and a minority of his followers persecuted , mocked, abused. Even in Makkah, in those ten years he was there, barely a hundred or within that small range were muslims. He was exiled by his own people, into the she'b of hazrat Abu Talib, lost his wife, lost his uncle, lost those near and dear to him. This is the greatest creation of God, Muhammed s.a.w. Even he was put to trials, misfortunes, and sufferings. And take a look at the brutal way his family were treated after him, and the slaughter of his grandson and a large swathe of his descendents in Kerbala.

Sometimes, when we are in the eye of the storm, even if people post these things as i have posted, it just does not sink in. So if there is even one thing you can, at this present time when your feelings may still be raw, take from it is, even darkness must pass. Misfortune, pain, no-matter how terrible it is and no matter how one feels as though it will always last, has to pass, it may take longer than one would hope, but there will be a day when the sun shines brighter.

There is another Prophet of the Quran, Ayyub a.s , who was made to suffer such torment and trials, by virtue of shaytan challenging Allah azwj that these trials would shake Ayyubs faith. I highly recommend this video (although i do not endorse the bit about the golden-locusts):

[video="youtube;rJaxtp3wXLk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJaxtp3wXLk[/video]

And, as Allah azwj says in the Noble Quran:

Original post by ZuluK
Salaam all,

I don't regularly post on here but I lost someone close a few days ago and to be honest I feel my faith slipping. The one thing I always stood strongly by was my faith and yes, I'm not the best Muslim but my faith in Allah and in Islam was what kept me going but now? I don't know. Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

When the going gets tough, it is time to latch even stronger onto Allah azwj. Cry to him, empty the depth of your hearts burdens and sorrows to him. Long for the day where you will meet him, after the transient passing of this world, and when everyone will be given justice, and mercy.

Are there any particular parts of Islam that you doubt, or is it a general feeling of weakening faith?

As a side note, God bless you for that kind comment you left me. Despite going through what you are going through, you still had the humanity to do that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Salaam..

Any hadith backing up the recitation of Surah Waqiah, Sajdah and Mulk at night?
Reply 578
Original post by Tawheed
When the going gets tough, it is time to latch even stronger onto Allah azwj. Cry to him, empty the depth of your hearts burdens and sorrows to him. Long for the day where you will meet him, after the transient passing of this world, and when everyone will be given justice, and mercy.

Are there any particular parts of Islam that you doubt, or is it a general feeling of weakening faith?

As a side note, God bless you for that kind comment you left me. Despite going through what you are going through, you still had the humanity to do that.

Jazakallah khayr.

I don't know. I lost my grandad yesterday evening and only now have I been able to cry whilst watching the video of Hazrat Ayub. Allah swt is testing us and thank you for your message! You don't know how much it means.

Friends and family say "sorry for your loss, let us know if we can do anything" but it doesn't seem sincere. I'm trying my hardest to hold onto Allah. My hardest. But right now, I'm falling apart. :redface:

Ya Allah, forgive me for these thoughts.

Jazakallah for your message. It's helped me a lot more than my family and friends have been able to offer and for that I'm eternally grateful.
Original post by Biryani007
Salaam..

Any hadith backing up the recitation of Surah Waqiah, Sajdah and Mulk at night?

Wassalaam

With regard to the virtues of Soorat al-Waaqi’ah, there is a hadeeth which speaks of itsvirtues, but that hadeeth is not saheeh.

It was narrated from Shujaa’ from Abi Faatimah that ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) visited Ibn Mas’ood when he was sick. He said, “What is hurting?” He said, “My sins.” He said, “What do you need?” He said, “The mercy of my Lord.” He said, “Shall we not call the doctor for you?” He said, “The doctor made me ill.” He said, “Shall I order that your regular income [from the state] be restored to you?” He said, “You did not let me have it before today and I have no need of it now.” He said, ‘Then leave it to your family and dependants.” He said, “I have taught them something which, if they say it, they will never become poor. I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘Whoever recites al-Waaqi’ah every night will never become poor.”

(Narrated by al-Bayhaqi in Shu’ab al-Eemaan, 2/491. This hadeeth was classed as da’eef by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah, 289).

https://islamqa.info/en/6460

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A soorah from the Qur’aan containing thirty verses will intercede for a man so that he will be forgiven. It is the soorah Tabaarak Alathi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e. Soorat al-Mulk].”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2891; Abu Dawood, 1400; Ibn Maajah, 3786.

Al-Tirmidhi said, this is a hasan hadeeth. It was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/277, and by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, 3053.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaahi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we used to call it al-maani’ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allaah it is a soorah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well.

Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 6/179; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1475.

https://islamqa.info/en/26240

Another hadeeth which speaks of its virtues was narrated from Jaabir, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never used to sleep until he had recited Alif-laam-meem tanzeel [al-Sajdah] and Tabaarak alladhi bi yadihi’l-mulk [al-Mulk].

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2892; Ahmad, 14249. Al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi (3/6) that this hadeeth is saheeh.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending