The Student Room Group

12 stone 4 for 5"9

How's that for body weight relative to height? How would it be possible to lean down to 10 stone in two months?
eat less + exercise more

Spoiler

Reply 2
Use BMI if you want to know what your weight is like relative to your height

That'd be 32lbs in 8 weeks? No that's not happening
Original post by Walt_14
How's that for body weight relative to height? How would it be possible to lean down to 10 stone in two months?

Your BMI is 25.4. Anything over 24.9 is overweight, so you're only slightly overweight. You may even be a healthy weight, depending on how much of that is muscle and your individual body composition.

It would be possible, but not advisable. Just eat a little less, exercise a little more and let the weight come off slowly and gradually if you want to stay healthy and for the weight loss to stick.
Original post by Walt_14

It's ever so slightly into the overweight category of BMI but like another user said if you have significant muscle mass it may not be an unhealthy weigh for you.

As whether you can lose 2.4 stone in 2 months. No you can't, not going to happen.

To lose that amount of weight in that amount of time you would need to be at a daily deficit (eating under your TDEE) of 1960 calories. (As 1lb of fat =3500 calories, 3500 x 33.6 = 117600/ divide that by 60 days = 1960 calories per day).

To put this into perspective for you if don't understand what that means. Say for example you needed 2000 calories a day to maintain you weight, it would mean you could only eat 40 calories a day to lose that amount of weight in 2 months. So obviously not feasible. Your daily calorie needs will probably be different to 2000 a day to find out what they are use a TDEE calculator.

But basically to lose weight:

We cannot lose weight without being in a calorie deficit.

Find out your TDEE. Your TDEE is your total daily energy expenditure, this is how many calories your body needs a day to maintain it's weight, age, weight, height, gender and activity level dictate your TDEE. So the more you weight the more your TDEE and the more you exercise the higher your TDEE.
http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculato...alculator.html

And then count how many calories you are eating every day being honest and accurate (include sauces and cooking oils) using this website (they also have an app)
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/

If you are eating less calories than your TDEE then you are at what is called a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. To put into perspective how much/ how fast. 1lb of fat =3500 calories of stored energy. If you eat 500 calories less than your TDEE per day your body uses up energy sources from your body (fat and a little muscle), thus you will lose approximately 1 lbs per week (3500 calories/ 7 = 500 calories per day). This is approximate as some weight loss will always come from the muscle, though this can be reduced by eating protein and exercising to prevent muscle loss).

It's as simple as that, there is nothing else to weight loss. The only hard part is sticking to your calorie goals and having self control and motivation.

Nutrition and being healthy is a completely different matter, but that's not difficult either. Just eat a balanced diet and exercise.
Reply 5
^^ Are you taking Dietetics by any chance? Your info is spot on.
Original post by Harvlol
^^ Are you taking Dietetics by any chance? Your info is spot on.

who?
Lose my energy than you consume or consume less energy than needed
Original post by Walt_14

Under new BMI you are right on the edge of normal.

You arent losing 32lbs in 2 months that is ridiculous.

You could possibly do it if you wnated to go unsafe and unhealthy plus qwere prepared t exercise your backside off. You dont know enough about weight loss to appreciate why its completely unrealistic.
Reply 9
Original post by SophieSmall
who?

You. I've seen you post a couple times.
Original post by Harvlol
You. I've seen you post a couple times.

Ahh right. to answer your question, nope. I study Biomedical Science.
Original post by Walt_14

Im 9 stone and 5"2'
Original post by SophieSmall
Ahh right. to answer your question, nope. I study Biomedical Science.

Hiya! Havent seen you in a while howve you been?
Original post by RickmanAlways
Hiya! Havent seen you in a while howve you been?

Not bad, just had a few things on my plate. Thanks. :smile:
Hi, I'm Rachel, a personal trainer. Ideally, its healthier to lose two pounds a week, which is about a kilo a week, no more. It's not healthy to lose more rapidly than that.
Original post by Walt_14

you can go for a walk around your neighbourhood early first thing in the morning before breakfast... this way your body is gonna use up its stored fat not the food instantly available. so by the end of two weeks you should see a noticable difference...if you stick to the advice i've given you. All the best!!!:smile::biggrin::afro:
check this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8rN5_Ace-8

should help.
Original post by Rachel Wells
Hi, I'm Rachel, a personal trainer. Ideally, its healthier to lose two pounds a week, which is about a kilo a week, no more. It's not healthy to lose more rapidly than that.

can you tell me how to achieve that, please?
Original post by Adibabrar
can you tell me how to achieve that, please?

Look at sophies post #5

Weight loss is about calorific deficit.

For a weight loss of 2lbs a week thats roughly 7,000 calories a week you need o be in deficit by or 1,000 calories a day.

How easy that is real;ly depends on how much you weigh and your height. Its much harder for small people who weigh less than it is for tall or seriously obese people.

I would probably do it by eating 500 calories less a day and burning an extra 500 calories a day.

500 calories is about an hours reasonable continuous exercise. Cardio.

You might find 1lb a week more manageable. What matters is consistency and that you cna maintain the deficit over time. It all bloils down to an accurate deficit,, less food and more exercise.
Sophie nailed it

Quick Reply

Latest