The Student Room Group

Muslim matchmaker knowledge

Scroll to see replies

If you're not thinking of getting married right now, I don't think you should be looking for a serious relationship tbh. Although you say you're not the type to get distracted, relationships have that effect on everyone, especially if it's one that isn't certainly going to result in a marriage if you get what I mean. Focus on your studies iA and I'm sure throughout the next few years you'll find someone you want to marry and can commit the time to. If you're lonely don't fret you'll meet a lot of friends @ uni that'll take up a lot of your time and it's completely normal to feel that way atm.

Best of luck :smile:

(a post I wrote on marriage if you're interested: https://refreshinglyxhonest.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/lets-stop-romantacising-marriage.html?m=1)
Original post by shazy2014
Does anyone on here have the adequate social knowledge to be a Muslim matchmaker?

Salaam I will be tagging some brothers sister who might be able to help
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Don't take the decision lightly. Have you spoke to your mum. I should have asked that first sorry.

I have spoken to her a few months ago and she said it's my choice, I have told her though that I don't feel content right now. Also generally speaking I know she wants me to be happy. But if I met someone, I wouldn't tell her until I was sure that was the right person, then I'd ask him or his family to talk to her and to suggest an engagement.
Reply 23
Original post by Al-farhan

Thank you!
Reply 24
If you're not thinking of getting married right now, I don't think you should be looking for a serious relationship tbh. Although you say you're not the type to get distracted, relationships have that effect on everyone, especially if it's one that isn't certainly going to result in a marriage if you get what I mean. Focus on your studies iA and I'm sure throughout the next few years you'll find someone you want to marry and can commit the time to. If you're lonely don't fret you'll meet a lot of friends @ uni that'll take up a lot of your time and it's completely normal to feel that way atm.

Best of luck :smile:

(a post I wrote on marriage if you're interested: https://refreshinglyxhonest.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/lets-stop-romantacising-marriage.html?m=1)

Thank you for your advice, I am looking to get married but yeah not straight away.

It's not friends that missing, I want a companion ,and i want to think seriously about that person and that person to think about me too. Because I know that one day inwil get married, but right now I don't want to have several boyfriends before that. This is why I'm treating this seriously as someone would treat a marriage.

I can hardly get myself married at the moment :tongue: :lol:
Thank you for your advice, I am looking to get married but yeah not straight away.

It's not friends that missing, I want a companion ,and i want to think seriously about that person and that person to think about me too. Because I know that one day inwil get married, but right now I don't want to have several boyfriends before that. This is why I'm treating this seriously as someone would treat a marriage.

Yh I understand what you mean. I'm just generally wary of those type of relationships considering how many friends of mine who've been in a similar situation and have been eventually ended up hurt by a guy they really trusted and were intending to marry one day. I completely understand the want for a relationship but I just wouldn't want to take the risk of pursuing something that isn't really halaal and could end in me getting hurt and i wouldn't want that to happen to you either :frown:

Islamically it's taught that we should fast when we desire a companion and are trying to resist temptation, have you tried that yet?
Reply 27
Yh I understand what you mean. I'm just generally wary of those type of relationships considering how many friends of mine who've been in a similar situation and have been eventually ended up hurt by a guy they really trusted and were intending to marry one day. I completely understand the want for a relationship but I just wouldn't want to take the risk of pursuing something that isn't really halaal and could end in me getting hurt and i wouldn't want that to happen to you either :frown:

Islamically it's taught that we should fast when we desire a companion and are trying to resist temptation, have you tried that yet?

Oh I see what you mean thank you for your advice! but I don't see why I should fast because I'm not desiring anything wrong. Like I know I will never do anything haram with a guy before marriage, ever.
So I'm just seriously seeking someone because I'm sure there are some Muslim guys with the same views somewhere!
Reply 28
Thanks for the tag :rolleyes:

Well this was easy. OP I found a match below

Original post by Zamestaneh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I see what you mean thank you for your advice! but I don't see why I should fast because I'm not desiring anything wrong. Like I know I will never do anything haram with a guy before marriage, ever.
So I'm just seriously seeking someone because I'm sure there are some Muslim guys with the same views somewhere!

Technically even talking to a guy is haram especially when it's on an emotional level. Opening yourself up to that is probably not a good idea. Don't want to sound pushy, just want to make sure you understand the religious guidelines around this area :smile: Allah knows best

- a fellow sister
Reply 30
Original post by Zamestaneh

Oh okay how come?
Oh okay how come?

Multiple reasons which I don't want to get into on here :u:
Original post by HAnwar
Thanks for the tag :rolleyes:

Well this was easy. OP I found a match below

:colonhash:
Does anyone on here have the adequate social knowledge to be a Muslim matchmaker?

Yes there are many people in every community who are able to do this.

Or are you asking for people online on TSR?

Sister, Private message me inshalah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending