The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 D2 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Mentor
Yep, I did the same

Thanks, i was just thinking if edexcel would check all uncrossed out working/writing amd give the highest possible mark even for 1 markers.
P.s. just to confirm that you did read my previous post correctly right? That i DIDN'T write.. "final answer:"... before writing the final answer.
Sorry for the trouble.
Original post by Historygcse
Thanks, i was just thinking if edexcel would check all uncrossed out working/writing amd give the highest possible mark even for 1 markers.
P.s. just to confirm that you did read my previous post correctly right? That i DIDN'T write.. "final answer:"... before writing the final answer.
Sorry for the trouble.

In fact, you dont need to mention which one is your final answer, if they see the correct one in the paper, you are good to go :smile:
Original post by The_Mentor
In fact, you dont need to mention which one is your final answer, if they see the correct one in the paper, you are good to go :smile:

Oh okay thanks.
And minimax was -4 right?
-4 not equal to 0 therefore no stable solution
Oh okay thanks.

It was -4 or 4 but it was most likely -4 since one of the others was 0.
But yeh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay thanks.

I'm almost certain it was 4 not equal to zero. Row maximin was 0 and column minimax was 4.
Please can you post the official Edexcel mark schemes for mathematics a-level for example google drive link . Thanks in advance
how did any of you prove flow is maximal for Q2E?
i used C1= min cut to show flow is maximal
Original post by anonymous2410
how did any of you prove flow is maximal for Q2E?
i used C1= min cut to show flow is maximal

Not sure I remember the question perfectly but I think you had to draw on your own cut, as opposed to using one that was already given. Then just max flow = min cut theory.
Original post by JoshC98
Not sure I remember the question perfectly but I think you had to draw on your own cut, as opposed to using one that was already given. Then just max flow = min cut theory.

thanks
Any predictions for the D2 grade boundaries?
I think it would be A*-71,A-67,B-58,C-49,D-40

Id drop the A*/A blundaries by 2 marks each.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Id drop the A*/A blundaries by 2 marks each.

Do you think this years paper was harder than last years?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I do.
The Linear prgramming mix with Game theory will get loads of people I think. That will be a decider as well as the last question. It was very tight for time aswell. Although i only answered half of the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Yes I do.
The Linear prgramming mix with Game theory will get loads of people I think. That will be a decider as well as the last question. It was very tight for time aswell. Although i only answered half of the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many marks do you think you got?
How many marks do you think you got?

Duno somewhere between 40-50 which hopefully shud be enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it'll be lower than that. Dynamic programming question was particularly nasty this year. I'm gonna guess A*-68, A-62, B-54.
Original post by JoshC98
I think it'll be lower than that. Dynamic programming question was particularly nasty this year. I'm gonna guess A*-68, A-62, B-54.

That's what I was thinking due to the linear programming and game theory question, so I agree with you. How many marks you think you got?
That's what I was thinking due to the linear programming and game theory question, so I agree with you. How many marks you think you got?

I think I got 73/75, but I'm worried as nobody ever made an unofficial mark scheme. How about you?
Original post by JoshC98
I think I got 73/75, but I'm worried as nobody ever made an unofficial mark scheme. How about you?

I think i got around 69
Original post by JoshC98

Someone did make one its around here somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending