The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Server outages are frustrating. Thankfully, I was able to play a fair bit yesterday without any issues. They were down as soon as I got home lol. They really need to fix all the bugs and glitches.
I've hatched THREE 10k eggs now and they've ALL been eevee's, I'm getting so frustrated 😩 . Personally think that eevee should be in the 5k egg anyway..

I know eevee is good etc but there's literally hundreds of them running around here (as in I have all 3 evolutions and now 51 more eevee candy hanging about..). Reckon it's better to evolve 2 more or level up my original ones?
I tried playing yesterday went outside twice for shopping & the entire walk was xp/waste
since the servers were down. Rip 5km egg. :frown:
I hatched a snorlax!!! :biggrin:
Just hatched a Squirtle from a 2km egg :eek:

Original post by Architecture-er
In case anyone wanted to know, the original pokemon series is on netflix!! :woo:

It doesn't include the Pokemon League episodes :frown:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Just hatched a Squirtle from a 2km egg :eek:

It doesn't include the Pokemon League episodes :frown:

I keep hatching 2km eggs hoping for Pikachu or Charmander (or even Squirtle for the candies) but I keep getting Weedle or Caterpie 😟
Original post by DarkMagic
I keep hatching 2km eggs hoping for Pikachu or Charmander (or even Squirtle for the candies) but I keep getting Weedle or Caterpie 😟

4 2km hatched so far - Pikachu, Ponyta, Squirtle and Magikarp (but I'm collecting Magikarp anyway so I wasn't fussed).
I caught loads at lunch - there are lures e v e r y w h e r e
Original post by CharlieH1992
I've hatched THREE 10k eggs now and they've ALL been eevee's, I'm getting so frustrated 😩 . Personally think that eevee should be in the 5k egg anyway..

I know eevee is good etc but there's literally hundreds of them running around here (as in I have all 3 evolutions and now 51 more eevee candy hanging about..). Reckon it's better to evolve 2 more or level up my original ones?

Wait until the other 570 are rolled out. Then you won't have to regret releasing them too early :wink:
Original post by Cinnie
I hatched a snorlax!!! :biggrin:

u lucki little pokemon trainer u

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
u lucki little pokemon trainer u

Spoiler

Yay im lvl 20

Posted from TSR Mobile
An Electabuzz just popped up on the nearby screen.

A few guys in the office - "just nipping for a fag".
I have a question about gyms.

If I give my pokemon silly/filthy/funny names and put them in a gym - would their names be visible to people tapping on the gym? Either they don't show or all the people round me haven't changed default names.
Original post by PQ
I have a question about gyms.

If I give my pokemon silly/filthy/funny names and put them in a gym - would their names be visible to people tapping on the gym? Either they don't show or all the people round me haven't changed default names.

No, the names are only client side; nobody else can see them.
Original post by 34908seikj
No, the names are only client side; nobody else can see them.

:frown:

It's for the best, I guess. I'm sure mothers don't want their children fighting pokemon named every racist profanity you can think of.
Original post by 34908seikj
It's for the best, I guess. I'm sure mothers don't want their children fighting pokemon named every racist profanity you can think of.

True :frown:
Found a Pikachu in Preston city centre today, was so excited. Used 3 Great Balls to no avail, then the bugger ran away. So frustrating! On the plus side I caught an Electabuzz :smile: I'm about to start trying to fight in gyms, but I'm still not 100% on how it works. Do I need to beat all the Pokémon in the gym to leave mine there, or just one?
Original post by pinkchick1987
Found a Pikachu in Preston city centre today, was so excited. Used 3 Great Balls to no avail, then the bugger ran away. So frustrating! On the plus side I caught an Electabuzz :smile: I'm about to start trying to fight in gyms, but I'm still not 100% on how it works. Do I need to beat all the Pokémon in the gym to leave mine there, or just one?

When you press on the gyms in the right hand side it will have something like 6625/8000. 6625 is like how much power the gym has and you have to try and get this to 0. When you battle the gym, you pick 6 pokemon to battle with and you have to defeat all of the pokemon that are defending the gym. When you do this, you'll get some xp at the end and it will tell you how much power the gym has lost (usually around 2000). So it takes a couple of goes to defeat the gym.
Original post by pinkchick1987

If the gym is your colour you don't need to beat any of them as long as there's a free spot. If it's all taken then you should win a few times as it raises the prestige and allows more Pokemon in the gym.

If gym is not your colour then you need to remove their prestige. When prestige goes down, the pokemon with lowest cp in the gym will be removed. So you need to fight the gym Pokemon until the prestige goes down enough. But you don't have to do it in one try, you can fight it as many times as you want, slowly taking it down

Quick Reply

Latest