The Student Room Group

Wtf do I do?

We've been talking for 4-5 months, haven't met yet because she keeps putting it off. We talk every day about everything, we share mostly everything with each other, we're really close.

I have strong feelings for her. I've mentioned it twice across a couple of months and she's not interested. I want to be friends with her but it's just painful for me. It's affecting my mental health. Talking to her is the only reason I get out of bed atm, I only want to go to uni because she's going to one nearby, meeting her is literally the only thing I have to look forward to etc.

I don't know what to do. I could bring it up again when/if we meet but she's said she's not interested twice even though we know each other really well, so I don't see why that'd change. I don't want to stop talking to her but I think it's the best thing for me in the long run, I can't just keep clinging on and seeing if she changes her mind. I mentioned to her maybe we should stop talking and now she's upset. I'm upset too, and I don't want to do it, but what else can I do????

Scroll to see replies

I only want to go to uni because she's going to one nearby

This was definatley a bad idea. If you didn't know she wasn't interested when you applied for that uni you shouldn't have applied for it. Now you're going to have a load of debt and have to spend a bunch of time at a uni you didn't want to go to just because of someone you've never met who could potentially be interested in you.

TL;DR - You done ****ed up. GG
Reply 2
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
This was definatley a bad idea. If you didn't know she wasn't interested when you applied for that uni you shouldn't have applied for it. Now you're going to have a load of debt and have to spend a bunch of time at a uni you didn't want to go to just because of someone you've never met who could potentially be interested in you.

TL;DR - You done ****ed up. GG

No, I'd already firmed it when I started talking to her. I'm just not really bothered about uni/anything else anymore and that was the only thing keeping me going.
Original post by Anonymous
We've been talking for 4-5 months, haven't met yet because she keeps putting it off. We talk every day about everything, we share mostly everything with each other, we're really close.

I have strong feelings for her. I've mentioned it twice across a couple of months and she's not interested. I want to be friends with her but it's just painful for me. It's affecting my mental health. Talking to her is the only reason I get out of bed atm, I only want to go to uni because she's going to one nearby, meeting her is literally the only thing I have to look forward to etc.

I don't know what to do. I could bring it up again when/if we meet but she's said she's not interested twice even though we know each other really well, so I don't see why that'd change. I don't want to stop talking to her but I think it's the best thing for me in the long run, I can't just keep clinging on and seeing if she changes her mind. I mentioned to her maybe we should stop talking and now she's upset. I'm upset too, and I don't want to do it, but what else can I do????

reduce how much you text her and play hard to get, she'll come running
No, I'd already firmed it when I started talking to her. I'm just not really bothered about uni/anything else anymore and that was the only thing keeping me going.

Here's a question. Have you seen her or heard her voice? And not just pictures but video with her speaking?
Reply 5
She/he could be a catfish!! (Have you skyped/facetimed?)
Reply 6
She's definitely not a cat fish, it's just not possible with how much and how often we speak

Lol you dun goofed. Getting pussy is a numbers game brah.

You gotta be talking to like 5 girls at least.
Personally, I would try to earn her trust slowly and gradually. Eventually she'll have to spill her real feelings for you. Trust me, I've been in that position before. It's incredibly awkward.
Reply 9
Original post by Mvine001
Personally, I would try to earn her trust slowly and gradually. Eventually she'll have to spill her real feelings for you. Trust me, I've been in that position before. It's incredibly awkward.

I just feel like if she had any feelings for me she'd have indicated it instead of just saying she's not interested? I feel like she already trusts me, we talk about most things, I don't really understand why she wouldn't say if she was interested. I don't want to be pushy about it which complicates things, I don't want to try and get her to change her mind or get her real feelings out because I know this might be her real feelings.
hmmm.... have you tried asking her out?
hmmm.... have you tried asking her out?

Like on a date? Not really, I've asked her if we can meet up and she says we will but we never seem to make any plans.
Ask her that if she was to go on a date, where would she like to go, and then say that you'll take her. Good luck.
Ask her that if she was to go on a date, where would she like to go, and then say that you'll take her. Good luck.

Thank you, I'll try that if we can arrange to meet. Not sure that'll even happen now though, I think she's really upset that I mentioned that maybe we should stop talking, fml
What's she upset about?

tell her to get pokemon go
then show her how to get pikachu
BOOM
relationship back on again!
What's she upset about?

She suggested we don't talk for a while after I mentioned to her how I felt, and I said that I hated not talking to her, and that there's no point because it'd only help until we start talking again. And that I considered that we could stop talking completely but that I really don't want that. And I really, really don't want that and I said that and I said we should just start talking again. But that upset her, understandably. So I ****ed up really.
No. You didn't. She did. That's ****ing rude. She should have just accepted that you told her your feelings and live with it. Feelings don't give anyone the right to kick someone else in the dirt. Try again. If it's the same reaction, forget about her and find someone else. Sorry.
She'll meet up with you if and when she's ready. Don't push the subject.
Original post by Tiger Rag
She'll meet up with you if and when she's ready. Don't push the subject.

He's not pushing, she's ignoring. There's a massive difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending