The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I worked so hard but I feel like I've really let myself down in the exams with stupid mistakes :frown: smh
It finally, and I mean properly, with full force hit me today. I think I did quite well in my exams but because all my questions were so nice it gives me even more anxiety that the grade boundaries will be increased and my chance of getting the grades I need are slipping away. Damn you AQA.

If you're applying for a minority (or actually not so in-demand) subject for a top uni, do you think there's a chance they will go a little easier on me? I hope so anyway.
Reply 982
Actually what I don't understand is why SFE give you the greatest proportion of your loan in teh last term (which is generally the shortest...
Original post by vladislav
It finally, and I mean properly, with full force hit me today. I think I did quite well in my exams but because all my questions were so nice it gives me even more anxiety that the grade boundaries will be increased and my chance of getting the grades I need are slipping away. Damn you AQA.

If you're applying for a minority (or actually not so in-demand) subject for a top uni, do you think there's a chance they will go a little easier on me? I hope so anyway.

This is literally what I'm hoping!! My course only started about four years ago so I'm hoping they really want to expand the course (so will be more lenient). Good luck!
when you AS results day starts 11 am :/ why couldnt it be earlier well atleast its not A2
The waiting is what makes this worse 😩

Just want to find out, even if it's bad ahaha
Reply 986
Original post by Aph
Well it does make sense... And maybe it should be sooner still because there are still a 6th on applicants who will be down as pending on results day.
It also means you get some people who know a day or 2 in advanced due to getting welcome packs from their uni which isn't really fair but obviously everyone would love to be one of them.

I'd probably only argue that people who don't apply to uni should get their grades earlier maybe but that's it.

A welcome pack? That's new? I have never heard of this situation!!!
Original post by Aph
Actually what I don't understand is why SFE give you the greatest proportion of your loan in teh last term (which is generally the shortest...

That's because a part of that final term payment is to cover your costs over the summer. In your final year the final payment will be a fair bit smaller because they assume you'll be working from May/June onwards (or at least able to claim JSA).
Original post by nihil_nimis
anyone who has done A2 philosophy and ethics (OCR) how would you say the step up is from AS, how did you find it ? I don't know if I should continue it or not.

i did AQA Philosophy and the step up isn't that big but the essays are longer
Reply 989
Original post by lytran
A welcome pack? That's new? I have never heard of this situation!!!
its happened to one or two friends so it is fairly uncommon. Most (I believe some don't) unis send you a welcom pack/confirmation letter. Every so often it gets delivered early.

Original post by PQ
That's because a part of that final term payment is to cover your costs over the summer. In your final year the final payment will be a fair bit smaller because they assume you'll be working from May/June onwards (or at least able to claim JSA).

Ohhhhh okay, that makes some sense. Although I'd have thought they would assume that you were staying with your parents over the summer so you wouldn't need money.
Original post by nihil_nimis
anyone who has done A2 philosophy and ethics (OCR) how would you say the step up is from AS, how did you find it ? I don't know if I should continue it or not.

You could always just try it for a month or so and drop it if you're struggling, I wouldn't give it up simply because you think it might be difficult :tongue:
---
Have people received letters or w.e. from college about how to get their results and stuff? I haven't been told anything yet by mine and with only 4 weeks to go I'm kinda concerned ://
-
Oh nvm I just checked our VLE and there is a section saying we can go pick them up before 1pm otherwise they get posted to us.
(edited 7 years ago)
Found the edexcel papers, Mark schemes and examiner reports by looking back on previous thread! The link is below;

https://56leomessiphotoshop.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
Original post by Inexorably
You could always just try it for a month or so and drop it if you're struggling, I wouldn't give it up simply because you think it might be difficult :tongue:
---
Have people received letters or w.e. from college about how to get their results and stuff? I haven't been told anything yet by mine and with only 4 weeks to go I'm kinda concerned ://
-
Oh nvm I just checked our VLE and there is a section saying we can go pick them up before 1pm otherwise they get posted to us.

Our college has told us nothing and has apparently been telling the year 12s that results day is the 26th....I knew they were bad but good god
Original post by bishbashbosh123
Found the edexcel papers, Mark schemes and examiner reports by looking back on previous thread! The link is below;

https://56leomessiphotoshop.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

my god literally I followed that link shaking like I was opening my results.

I'm actually glad my papers aren't up yet cause I think I would drive my self crazy if I saw the mark schemes now
We're in the twenties now?! Wtf:colondollar:
There's also this site which provides Edexcel papers and their mark schemes http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html
Original post by MoonVirgo
There's also this site which provides Edexcel papers and their mark schemes http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html

Thanks i appreciate the link
Original post by MoonVirgo

Thank you! My mind is finally at rest for politics, just need to wait for A2 history papers to be added at some point
Original post by con.brown
Thank you! My mind is finally at rest for politics, just need to wait for A2 history papers to be added at some point

You can find them on Facebook (search 'papercut.weebly' ) and request for any missing ones. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 999
I know it's only 4 weeks (papers have now all been marked and will be going through quality control now) but I feel like I'm not worried at all. And I'm rather scared that I'm not worried.

Quick Reply

Latest