The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZuluK
That means so much to me! What got to me was seeing my dad break down in front of me and not being able to help.

May Allah grant your grandfather jannah and reunite you all there..Ameen.

This is honestly the hardest thing and I know exactly how you're feeling. I lost my grandparents and my sister all within a year and a half which was so difficult for us to deal with, my family were in pieces but it was definitely the hardest for my father...losing his daughter, then half a year later his father and then his mother...he never did get a chance to heal. Even typing this up and thinking back to that time makes me upset...I can totally relate to how you're feeling and seeing your father in such a state only adds to the pain but you've got to try and be strong, firstly for yourself and then for your family. The pain never does go away but seek solace in the fact that Allah is always there to hear you out, whenever you're down turn to Him and pour your heart out to Him...He's the only one who can grant true comfort to your heart.

Also imaan is something that fluctuates; you'll have times when you're close to Allah and feeling amazing and times when your imaan is low and you don't know how to get out of such a state. We all get tested in different ways and right now you're going through a huge test, a test to see how you deal with such pain...you need to grieve but simultaneously pray to Allah...turning to Him in difficult times eases the pain, knowing that the One who created pain is the only one who can remove it.

What helped me personally was thinking that I've got to pray, soldier on and do good because death is inevitable, it's how I live this life that'll determine how my next is and I have to get to jannah (through Allah's mercy) because that's where I'll be reunited with my sister and grandparents inshaaAllah....pray for your grandfather, hold onto your deen and get to jannah so you can be with him inshaaAllah! <333

If you want to have a chat please do message me xx

May Allah ease your pain, increase you in taqwa and love for Allah and reunite you and your family in Jannah!

Also I can't thank everyone enough for the posts on the last few pages...gave me so much comfort reading them even though they weren't for me...Allah reward and bless you all!!
Original post by ZuluK
Jazakallah khayr to all you who offered kind words to me during this time. I've never struggled this much before and I'm not going to lie but I've never been so scared either. Islam and Allah swt were the only things I could turn to during any difficult time and for there to be doubts in my head, well I've never felt so lost.

All your words and all your advice and help has honestly helped so much and I'm grateful I could turn to you all during this time. If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me and I was gladly help you all, if I'm able too, inshallah

It's not letting me tag because I'm on my phone but

@Tawheed @IdeasforLife @Hanwar @h333 @Al-farhan and sorry if I've missed anyone.

Spoiler

Wa iyyaki x
Insha Allah things will get better with time.

Glad we could help Alhamdulilah, do post here again whenever you want :smile:

Ameen and to you to x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
Original post by ZuluK
Jazakallah khayr to all you who offered kind words to me during this time. I've never struggled this much before and I'm not going to lie but I've never been so scared either. Islam and Allah swt were the only things I could turn to during any difficult time and for there to be doubts in my head, well I've never felt so lost.

All your words and all your advice and help has honestly helped so much and I'm grateful I could turn to you all during this time. If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me and I was gladly help you all, if I'm able too, inshallah

It's not letting me tag because I'm on my phone but

@Tawheed @IdeasforLife @Hanwar @h333 @Al-farhan and sorry if I've missed anyone.

Spoiler

BarakAllahu Feeki. :h:

SubhanAllah the dua. Ameen. Wa iyyaki <3

Insha'Allah you will get through tough times. Take it as a blessing from Allah to bring you closer to him. :smile:

You are always welcome here insha'Allah.

Original post by Biryani007
May Allah grant your grandfather jannah and reunite you all there..Ameen.

This is honestly the hardest thing and I know exactly how you're feeling. I lost my grandparents and my sister all within a year and a half which was so difficult for us to deal with, my family were in pieces but it was definitely the hardest for my father...losing his daughter, then half a year later his father and then his mother...he never did get a chance to heal. Even typing this up and thinking back to that time makes me upset...I can totally relate to how you're feeling and seeing your father in such a state only adds to the pain but you've got to try and be strong, firstly for yourself and then for your family. The pain never does go away but seek solace in the fact that Allah is always there to hear you out, whenever you're down turn to Him and pour your heart out to Him...He's the only one who can grant true comfort to your heart.

Also imaan is something that fluctuates; you'll have times when you're close to Allah and feeling amazing and times when your imaan is low and you don't know how to get out of such a state. We all get tested in different ways and right now you're going through a huge test, a test to see how you deal with such pain...you need to grieve but simultaneously pray to Allah...turning to Him in difficult times eases the pain, knowing that the One who created pain is the only one who can remove it.

What helped me personally was thinking that I've got to pray, soldier on and do good because death is inevitable, it's how I live this life that'll determine how my next is and I have to get to jannah (through Allah's mercy) because that's where I'll be reunited with my sister and grandparents inshaaAllah....pray for your grandfather, hold onto your deen and get to jannah so you can be with him inshaaAllah! <333

If you want to have a chat please do message me xx

May Allah ease your pain, increase you in taqwa and love for Allah and reunite you and your family in Jannah!

Also I can't thank everyone enough for the posts on the last few pages...gave me so much comfort reading them even though they weren't for me...Allah reward and bless you all!!

I am sorry to hear about your loss sis.
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

SubhanAllah such wise words. :smile:

Ameen. BarakAllahu Feeki. It also was of beneift to me and gave me comfort too Alhmdulillah.
Reply 623
Original post by Enginerd.
Salaam :smile: How is everyone on this fine day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaikum Assalam. :smile:

Great Alhamdulillah. You?
Assalamu 'alaykum :smile:

Been gone for so long I didn't even realise there is a new thread!

I've been really stressing over trying to find a job, but I'm starting to lose hope as nothing seems to have the right conditions :frown:
Does anyone know of any jobs that would be appropriate for a sister? Not working with men, prayer breaks, etc... I've been looking everywhere for a job at a masjid in London somewhere but there is nothing. Very hard finding a job with those conditions, and working at a masjid seemed like the only good thing but that's looking unlikely now :cry:

Would really appreciate any help or ideas for types of jobs I could look for :frown:
Jazakallhu khayran
Reply 625
Salam everyone.

How are you all?
Original post by yasminkattan

I've been really stressing over trying to find a job, but I'm starting to lose hope as nothing seems to have the right conditions :frown:
Does anyone know of any jobs that would be appropriate for a sister? Not working with men, prayer breaks, etc... I've been looking everywhere for a job at a masjid in London somewhere but there is nothing. Very hard finding a job with those conditions, and working at a masjid seemed like the only good thing but that's looking unlikely now :cry:

Would really appreciate any help or ideas for types of jobs I could look for :frown:
Jazakallhu khayran

Wasalam

Hmm I was going to say Islamic primary school since they are loads, but I think most of them will be closing up for summer soon.

You can try home tuition, baby sitting or baking cakes and sweets at home and sell them ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
Salaam :smile: How is everyone on this fine day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah. Alhamdulillah great. How about you?

Jazakallhu khayran

As salaamu alaykum sister. Make du'a for Allah to give you guidance and ask Allah ta'ala to make it easy for you.

I would advise you that you will be very fortunate to find an employer who will give you prayer breaks. Under UK law employers don't have to give Muslims any provision for prayer breaks so it is something you will have to manage yourself. What sort of jobs are you looking for and what kind of qualifications do you have? Just so others who see your reply will be able to give you useful advice. Stay strong and don't lose hope.

Original post by Lujubi
Salam everyone.

How are you all?

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah. Alhamdulillah great now it's cooler. Yourself?
Original post by h333
Wa'alaikum Assalam. :smile:

Great Alhamdulillah. You?

Alhumdulillah! I've been good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jazakallhu khayran

Wa'aleykum assalaam

How about Islamic charities? They usually need people to handle phone calls and stuff... it isn't much and probably wouldn't pay a shed tonne, but I am sure that they/the people working there would appreciate the need for prayer breaks etc... The only thing is that you might still have to work alongside men. Expanding upon HAnwar's suggestion, how about teaching kids Arabic (if you are fluent in it)? :beard:
Reply 630
Original post by Lujubi
Salam everyone.

How are you all?

Wa'alaikum Assalam :smile:

Fine Alhamdulillah. Yourself?

Jazakallhu khayran

Wa'alaikum Assalam sis. Long time no see. :h:

Welcome to the new thread! :biggrin:

Insha'Allah you find the right way and get what is best for you. :smile:
Muslim passenger kicked off American Airlines flight after attendant announced: ‘I'll be watching you’
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslim-kicked-off-plane-american-airlines-racial-discrimination-cair-uncomfortable-a7147311.html
Reply 632
Original post by HAnwar
Muslim passenger kicked off American Airlines flight after attendant announced: ‘I'll be watching you’
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslim-kicked-off-plane-american-airlines-racial-discrimination-cair-uncomfortable-a7147311.html

:mute:
Reply 633
HAnwar knows this...but I shall share with all...lol yesterday I logged out of tsr at exactly 3:33...and then I received a message at exactly 3:33 on my phone..on top my charge was 33% as I looked at that time
..missing the third 3 loool....and so I just kept seeing 333 everywhere loool and my username does not help either. Means nothing but creeped me out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol.
Reply 635
Original post by IdeasForLife
Lol.

What happened? :cookie:
Reply 636
@h333 and @Inve

I'm doing well. Thanks for asking.

Original post by HAnwar

This type of incident has occurred many times this year and yet the usual people (no names obviously) will deny any motive of Islamophobia, telling us to "wait for all the facts first" when they are the first ones to get their pitchforks out after a terrorist attack.

Unfortunately, this hypocrisy will continue on this site.

I hope the airline takes firm action against the attendant. I'm pretty sure attendants have to be welcoming and polite to the airlines' customers. Disgraceful behaviour. Was the man paying to get abused verbally on aircraft?
Original post by h333
What happened? :cookie:

It was in response to your post above ^ :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 638
Original post by IdeasForLife
It was in response to your post above ^ :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well how am I supposed to know exactly? :tongue:

Omd now I see last edited 33 minutes ago....
Reply 639
@Biryani007

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and you're right, your imaan does fluctuate. I just pray it's gets greater and doesn't lessen because without it, I don't know who I would be. May Allah give you strength and your family the strength to work through The deaths. Losing so many in such a short time, I make dua your father is better and his faith in Allah is stronger and still there! Seeing the man of the family fall to pieces is what's heartbreaking.

Thank you for your words and I'm glad you found some peace and help from the words of the brothers and sisters! They helped me so much!

I hope you are well and you can message me anytime too :h:

:jumphug:

Latest

Trending

Trending