The Student Room Group

British Muslims raise over £100,000 for charity during Ramadan.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mercuryman
look up 'Sadaqa', then proceed to log out.

he referred to zakat not sadaqah, which is one of the isamic pillars - and forbidden in islamic tradtion to go to non muslims. it is reserved for islamic goals or to people that agree to convert to islam. your post hadnt clarifed that this charity wasnt zakat. in addition the issue that the vast majority of islamic charity only goes to islamic causes - and of that much of it ends up in terrorist and islamist groups hands as been uncovered by various agencies.

Its actually disgusting how you would make a positive into a negative. Zakat can be given to non-muslims so save the winky face and the random links.
You probably came on this thread and was like 'no I cant have muslims be seen in a positive light, let me just quickly see if I can go on google and turn it against them'

People like you make me embarrassed to be British.
Original post by thunder_chunky
So what? *

we should quote the bible here

Matthew 6:2

"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
Original post by Emilycunningham
Its actually disgusting how you would make a positive into a negative. Zakat can be given to non-muslims so save the winky face and the random links.

actually it cant - islamically speaking. Try doing some reading
Original post by Reformed
actually it cant - islamically speaking. Try doing some reading

Honey I read the Qu'ran it teaches us to love and respect everyone regardless of religion. If you cant accept that you really need to have a good look at yourself.
Please dont reply if your just going to essentially repeat your self, I cannot be bothered to be in a 'it cant, it can' debate with you.

Do your research and then preach.
You probably came and this thread and was like 'no I cant have muslims be seen in a positive light, let me just quickly see if I can go on google and turn it against them'

People like you make me embarrassed to be British.

Nope is seems that majority would disagree and that it can't be given to non muslimss unless they think it will get them to convert (cash for conversion a well know technique to pray on the poor and needy)

But I came on the thread to post a simple fact (which it seems a lot of people don't like)

I could have gone on about how I find it crass bragging about how much people donate to charity but that is just my opinion. I could have mentioned it's not charity in the main but rather alms which is something different but I didn't as that's just semantics. I simply posted information form a well know Muslim run website (and I have now posted others) to confirm this fact (something I heard from a muslim not from google I simply posted a source to backup this claim)

But people like you make me chortle as you seem so offended by the truth
Honey I read the Qu'ran

so you can tell us where this is mentioned in the Quran then?
Original post by BaconandSauce
Nope is seems that majority would disagree and that it can't be given to non muslimss unless they think it will get them to convert (cash for conversion a well know technique to pray on the poor and needy)

But I came on the thread to post a simple fact (which it seems a lot of people don't like)

I could have gone on about how I find it crass bragging about how much people donate to charity but that is just my opinion. I could have mentioned it's not charity in the main but rather alms which is something different but I didn't as that's just semantics. I simply posted information form a well know Muslim run website (and I have now posted others) to confirm this fact (something I heard from a muslim not from google I simply posted a source to backup this claim)

Why are you so triggered by positive deeds by Muslims? Get a grip? lol
so you can tell us where this is mentioned in the Quran then?

Maybe if you read it then you would know. This is one thing that annoys me about people like you, I can 100% gurentee that you have not the Quran yet you think you have the right to form an opinion on it.

If you havent the read the VERY book at that makes Islam then you are in no position to try an define it, because darling newspapers tell you nothing.
Maybe if you read it then you would know. This is one thing that annoys me about people like you, I can 100% gurentee that you have not the Quran yet you think you have the right to form an opinion on it.

If you havent the read the VERY book at that makes Islam then you are in no position to try an define it, because darling newspapers tell you nothing.

AH so that's a no you can't (you see I know this is the case I just wanted to know if you'd be brave enough to admit it yourself which it seems you aren't)
Original post by tanyapotter
Why are you so triggered by positive deeds by Muslims? Get a grip? lol

I've given my reasons read my posts and you will have your answer

Cash for conversion? Ohhhh so now Muslims have a sly motive for giving to charity?! You are an absolute joke. No you do not have the truth, like I said you havnt read the Quran which contains the truth, how can you say you have the truth? Thats like saying 1+1=3- and demanding its the truth, simply saying something is the truth is not the truth.
I can 100% gurentee that you have not the Quran

and you'd be wrong

Now are you adult enough to acknowledge your mistake and lose the 100% certainty given you are mistaken
No I didn't I made a simple statement of fact after seeking the answer from a Muslim website.

again if that site is wrong you better tell them they are wrong

Here's another one

https://islamqa.info/en/3238

but it seems this one thinks you can as long as it will help convert them to islam (a bit like bible bashers in Africa turning people in to Christians so they can have food)

they should not be given the obligatorycharity, i.e. zakaat, unless they are those whose hearts are to be softened (i.e., theyare close to embracing Islam).

Well Muslims give a LOT of voluntary charity so we still give. I'm not sure if other faiths give alms to people outside their religion.
Cash for conversion? Ohhhh so now Muslims have a sly motive for giving to charity?! You are an absolute joke. No you do not have the truth, like I said you havnt read the Quran which contains the truth, how can you say you have the truth? Thats like saying 1+1=3- and demanding its the truth, simply saying something is the truth is not the truth.

Is English not your first language?

But no that's not what I said I said Zakat can be given to non-Muslims if Muslim think there is a chance it will help them convert

Did you not know this? Odd you claim you are knowledgeable but keep making silly comments that for a knowledgeable person would be rather embarrassing.
AH so that's a no you can't (you see I know this is the case I just wanted to know if you'd be brave enough to admit it yourself which it seems you aren't)

See its back around to me, I can provide you with many but why should I go and find them when no matter what I say I wont be able to change your ignornat mind because you still have this false opinion no matter what people say. Your the one who has the problem so your the one who should do the research.

Ok answer me this question- You have not dont your research/read the Quran how possibly could you have an opinion on it?

Dont give me some long BS just answer me that question, and save yourself the humiliation
Original post by MJlover
Well Muslims give a LOT of voluntary charity so we still give. I'm not sure if other faiths give alms to people outside their religion.

yes Muslims have to give as they get punished if they don't.

This is why it's called alms and not charity (but yes I know some do go and give more but that's nothing to do with zakat)

And yes this is usually the same for other faith when they give alms (although as I have shown the christian god tells us not to brag about it)
Is English not your first language?

But no that's not what I said I said Zakat can be given to non-Muslims if Muslim think there is a chance it will help them convert

Did you not know this? Odd you claim you are knowledgeable but keep making silly comments that for a knowledgeable person would be rather embarrassing.

Hahahaha you are such a sad case. English not my first language? When you cannot come up with relevant and valid responses opt for cheap insults. Typical.

How do I not know! AGAIN YOU ARE IGNORING MY COMMENTS OF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE QURAN SO HOW DO YOU KNOW!
Stop thinking you know about Islam when you literally know NOTHING! Your telling a Muslim what Islam is- your a joke.

Ok FINE let me give you a chance- give me a quote from the Quran where is says Zakat only to Muslims, and a quote on cash for conversion! GO ON- and from the Quran not some rubbish website.

Lol but tanx for making me laugh today, needed a good laugh.
See its back around to me, I can provide you with many but why should I go and find them when no matter what I say I wont be able to change your ignornat mind because you still have this false opinion no matter what people say. Your the one who has the problem so your the one who should do the research.

Ok answer me this question- You have not dont your research/read the Quran how possibly could you have an opinion on it?

Dont give me some long BS just answer me that question, and save yourself the humiliation

So that's still a NO then.

and you still seem unable to read my posts as I have already answered your question. (PS. 'You have not dont' [sic] is rather poor)
Honey I read the Qu'ran it teaches us to love and respect everyone regardless of religion. If you cant accept that you really need to have a good look at yourself. Please dont reply if your just going to essentially repeat your self, I cannot be bothered to be in a 'it cant, it can' debate with you.

*Do your research and then preach.

Quran (3:56)*-*"As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (8:12)*-*"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (9:123)*-*"O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending