The Student Room Group

British Muslims raise over £100,000 for charity during Ramadan.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
So that's still a NO then.

and you still seem unable to read my posts as I have already answered your question. (PS. 'You have not dont' [sic] is rather poor)

Still no, your arguments are so cheap! The truth is out there I have it you dont so go find it for youself!

You know what the funny thing is your ignoring my comments of you have not read the quran thus you have no right to have an opinion- lolllllll its so sad how u can ignore this!

If YOU have not done the research you do not deserve my time, because seriously you sound so foolish. Bye little girl.
Original post by Emilycunningham
Hahahaha you are such a sad case. English not my first language? When you cannot come up with relevant and valid responses opt for cheap insults. Typical.

How do I not know! AGAIN YOU ARE IGNORING MY COMMENTS OF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE QURAN SO HOW DO YOU KNOW!
Stop thinking you know about Islam when you literally know NOTHING! Your telling a Muslim what Islam is- your a joke.

Ok FINE let me give you a chance- give me a quote from the Quran where is says Zakat only to Muslims, and a quote on cash for conversion! GO ON- and from the Quran not some rubbish website.

Lol but tanx for making me laugh today, needed a good laugh.

Oh dear

I asked a simple question (to which the answer is obvious by the way)

It also seems you don't realise as you are the one who made the claim about the quran you should be the one to provide the quote) this is normal in a discussion the person making the claim (you) has to provide the proof (you can't which is why you are new now resorting to shouting)

It seems some people really do get angry over the silliest things like the truth

But yes I do find I can tell Muslims a thing or two about their faith.
Still no,

Yes as I said you still haven't supplied my with the information form the Quran that you claimed would prove me wrong

Why is this?
after all this is all you have to do to embarrass me and show me how wrong I am

such a simple thing and you sounded so positive when you made the claim (but I can understand why you now feel the need to run away)
Oh dear

I asked a simple question (to which the answer is obvious by the way)

It also seems you don't realise as you are the one who made the claim about the quran you should be the one to provide the quote) this is normal in a discussion the person making the claim (you) has to provide the proof (you can't which is why you are new now resorting to shouting)

It seems some people really do get angry over the silliest things like the truth

But yes I do find I can tell Muslims a thing or two about their faith.

No you started making claims about the quran first, if you make claims about Islam you are making claims automatically about the quran because Islam is derived from the Quran. And I didnt make a claim first- you claims FIRST were Zakat is only for non-Muslim- see THATS A CLAIM DEAR- then I disputed this claim. Do you understand- you said first- me challange- Understood? Read a few times against just you you can process this.

Lol no offense but if you have not read the Quran (i cant believe Ive said this a million times) No you cannot tell us anything about our religion, because we'll just laugh in your face.

Can I ask out of interest- are you a person who doesnt have a lot of friends and not a lot of people like? I really mean no offense by this but you very easy to dislike, and its not because you have your views its because you are extremely naive and ignorant, how can someone think they know things about something without no research? You just have to be a troll.
No you started making claims about the quran first,

Nope you seem mistaken (to be expected)

given this mistake the rest of your post must be embarrassing for you (I know it would be for me if I had made such a mistake AGAIN)
(edited 7 years ago)
And Donald Trump donated $100,000 to the American Red Cross. What's your point?
Honey I read the Qu'ran it teaches us to love and respect everyone regardless of religion. If you cant accept that you really need to have a good look at yourself.
Please dont reply if your just going to essentially repeat your self, I cannot be bothered to be in a 'it cant, it can' debate with you.

Do your research and then preach.

i have read it also sweetpea and received many lectures on the all singing all dancing wonder of the book in my youth fyi.

im suggesting actually back up your claims and statements with something other than passive-aggression ie with evidence regarding zakat for example. otherwise you just make yourself look ignorant
Original post by Trapz99
Around £10.6 billion is donated to charity by British adults. So £100000 isn't as much as you think it is.

You need to read the link. It's been mentioned that the title contains an error in previous replies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
Around £10.6 billion is donated to charity by British adults. So £100000 isn't as much as you think it is.

So? The thread hasn't claimed that billions of pounds are donated by Muslims. Your attempt to downplay positivity in the Muslim community just because of your preconceived agendas is quite distasteful.
Original post by Enginerd.
You need to read the link. It's been mentioned that the title contains an error in previous replies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. £100 million is quite amazing,
Nope you seem mistaken (to be expected)

given this mistake the rest of your post must be embarrassing for you (I know it would be for me if I had made such a mistake AGAIN)

Finally you admit you made a mistake! Could have done that earlier.
What a shame to see such a positive and thoughtful message to be twisted into a religious argument. The argument about the definition and applicability of zakah and sadaqah is irrelevant. We could just appreciate a kind act performed for the benefit of all vulnerable people (Muslim or Non-Muslim).
Original post by Trapz99
Ok. £100 million is quite amazing,

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
everyone ignore BaconandSauce, he's clueless
Original post by tanyapotter
So? The thread hasn't claimed that billions of pounds are donated by Muslims. Your attempt to downplay positivity in the Muslim community just because of your preconceived agendas is quite distasteful.

it depsneds what the backstory is - often there a lot of spin on these stories- ie you dont see other faiths posting on here how much charity they do ? Oxfam and save the children for example spend far more in africa than any islamic charity. the biggest issue is where, ultimatley islamic charity donations actually end up - thsi point has even been raised muslim politicians - http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/559843/Labour-MP-Khalid-Mahmood-warns-bogus-Muslim-charities-collecting-for-terrorism-abroad
Finally you admit you made a mistake! Could have done that earlier.

It seems your comprehension of written English is as poor as your writing abilities.But doesn't your god get tetchy when you tell porkies?
(edited 7 years ago)

why do you nitpick at everything? there's people starving to death and they need help. Stop the negativity and keep it shut
Original post by Angry Bird
why do you nitpick at everything? there's people starving to death and they need help. Stop the negativity and keep it shut

It's just the way I am :smile: yes they do but to discriminate against who gets help because of faith is surely wrong isn't it? And nope.
It's just the way I am :smile: yes they do but to discriminate against who gets help because of faith is surely wrong isn't it? And nope.

Where does it say in the article that the £100m was only given to Muslims?
Where?

Go on, ramble about your point that zakat cannot be given to non-Muslims.

I'll clear it up here, 50% of your point on ****zakat (not sadaqah which is another form of charity Muslims give)**** is correct. Zakat can be given to non-Muslims such that Muslims are also given zakat and are benefiting from it too. A destitute Muslim party needs to be involved for zakat to be validated.
Buzz word is destitute, they have to be poor.

Now that's obligatory charity, something we have to do. Muslims give sadaqah too, (which is charity that can solely be given to non-Muslims)

But for the sake of the charity given by Muslims from the uk during Ramadan, outline how it hasn't helped everyone?

Don't bother answering because you know it very well has. You're too stubborn to admit it each time you talk about your little zakat point
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mercuryman

I'll clear it up here, 50% of your point on ****zakat (not sadaqah which is another form of charity Muslims give)**** is correct.

Yes I know I wouldn't have posted this fact if I was wrongBut as that is all I posted (see my original unedited OP) I was in fact 100% correctShame it has taken you so many posts and so many personal attacks to admit I was right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending