The Student Room Group

why does bf look up girls on instagram?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hamo2509
You're excusing what he's done and defending. Obviously you think this behaviour is fine.
Don't worry about it if it's not a big deal to you.

well it does make me a bit confused as to why he looked them up, but i just wanted to know if most guys did this in relationships. i didnt get why everyone was making such a huge deal
Original post by Anonymous
if I'm 100% honest, this is my first relationship and i can be quite insecure and i need reassurance. i do admit i sometimes will just look at his search history when he lets me on his phone, he has never done anything to make me think he would cheat. he really isn't like that, i don't know why i look i just do. please don't give me hate for looking at his search history sometimes, I'm just quite curious and insecure okay. i know he isn't talking to girls or cheating on me, i am 57893% sure. i just am worried now because of everyones responses. why is everyone saying this is so bad??

[Super jaded opinion disclaimer:] Your first relationship will **** you over. There's an age gap which is quite significant in terms of mental maturity. Your bf obviously holds the power in this relationship.
You're insecure, you need reassurance, you're young. That's totally fine. Just focus on growing as a person and maturing on your own whilst being in this relationship.
Original post by Hamo2509
[Super jaded opinion disclaimer:] Your first relationship will **** you over. There's an age gap which is quite significant in terms of mental maturity. Your bf obviously holds the power in this relationship.
You're insecure, you need reassurance, you're young. That's totally fine. Just focus on growing as a person and maturing on your own whilst being in this relationship.

why will it **** me over? do you think i need to be worried or no?
because he has a knob
Reply 44
I think you should dump his ass and find someone who will appreciate you. Why? You're only 18 and are in a relationship which is close to being similar to a long distance relationship. For me liking other girls pictures and creeping on them is acceptable in the early stages of dating and when you have been going out for quite some time, like 3 years. You say you are in a trusting relationship but the fact things could start to turn sour when you begin to compare yourself to these other girls and why does he like them and not you which will breed insecurity and lack of trust driving you crazy. Child you are too young to even go down that road yet. Be young, single and fabulous now while you still can!
Original post by Kekio_
I think you should dump his ass and find someone who will appreciate you. Why? You're only 18 and are in a relationship which is close to being similar to a long distance relationship. For me liking other girls pictures and creeping on them is acceptable in the early stages of dating and when you have been going out for quite some time, like 3 years. You say you are in a trusting relationship but the fact things could start to turn sour when you begin to compare yourself to these other girls and why does he like them and not you which will breed insecurity and lack of trust driving you crazy. Child you are too young to even go down that road yet. Be young, single and fabulous now while you still can!

whoa its not like he has cheated on me or has done something incredibly wrong. its basically the same as looking at a girl on the street. guys like sexy girls so i don't think its weird if he looks at them. just because I'm 18 and not in my 20's doesn't mean i have to be single and enjoy the 'young' life.i want to make this work with him. why are you saying he likes them and doesn't like me? haha what
Reply 46
whoa its not like he has cheated on me or has done something incredibly wrong. its basically the same as looking at a girl on the street. guys like sexy girls so i don't think its weird if he looks at them. just because I'm 18 and not in my 20's doesn't mean i have to be single and enjoy the 'young' life.i want to make this work with him. why are you saying he likes them and doesn't like me? haha what

...I'm sure this is a troll..:s-smilie:
Original post by Kekio_
...I'm sure this is a troll..:s-smilie:

why?
Original post by AbsolutelyHaram
Can you read?

tbh, I realized you weren't really sure what you were talking about a few posts ago and just began skimming over anything I saw posted by your username.

It's really obvious you don't have instagram. Otherwise you'd have done what I said and look on instagram where you can see activities of the people you follow. After that you'd see what I'm talking about. It's a common and insignificant thing. People get sidetracked and end up on girls profiles all the time. Infact, instagram basically promotes this. That's why the explore section exists. You're shown pictures from profiles based on mutual friends likes and the people they're following. It's therefore only logical that you'd eventually stumble across a girl from you area and end up at their profile.

There's 0 reason to be alarmed at anything OP posted. It's already been noted that he isn't messaging them, he isn't acting differently, and he isn't the type to cheat anyway.

Anyway I pray you never become a marriage counselor. "Your husband was at a beach and you caught him staring at a girls bum for 0.001 seconds as she walked by??? Divorce is the only option here!"

I can't believe there's people on here insecure enough to end a relationship over instagram likes lmao
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think it's a question of why does he do it.

It's a case of if he behaves in a way that makes you feel less than wanted, walk away.
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
I don't think it's a question of why does he do it.

It's a case of if he behaves in a way that makes you feel less than wanted, walk away.

Or talk to him about it first?
Guys are such *****es...when the tables are turned all hell breaks loose and they can't handle it ugh.
Original post by Mrs House
Or talk to him about it first?

I agree.

Depends how other aspects of the relationship are going. *
why?

Bottom line is, it's not the best of things, but maybe not something to be alarmed of. I find it a bit weird to like the pictures, and it is slightly weird that he only really looks up girls in his area.

I can't help but think he might be maybe just a slight bit unhappy, or maybe just wants some 'diversity' as he's been in a long distance, long-term relationship for a while. Him being 22 and still doing this is another small red flag as guys are supposed to have their mindless teenage sex drive start dropping by then. If it were for him looking up just girls it would be fine, but not 'in the area'.

But hey ho if he hasn't shown any other signs, it should be fine. Good luck!
Reply 54
Original post by xobeauty
Guys are such *****es...when the tables are turned all hell breaks loose and they can't handle it ugh.

Such an idiotic comment. Maybe, instead, people can be ********s, regardless of gender?

Quick Reply

Latest