Original post by Matrix123
:rofl: Doctor...Who? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
watson :slap:

:rofl: Perfect timing
The words of Cheese:
Advantages to trusting Cheese: Get to look at that cheeky link (its really funny), get to share bant, get to experience bant and get to be on my bae-list :fan:

There are varying reasons as to why some people dislike the use of certain words, such as that in bold, describing a particular type of list.

One such reason is that it is not a proper word. I do have respect for it as it is mean to discriminate...but the word in question is not a pleasant one. It is a shortened version of a real word. The real word is what should be used, in my humble opinion.

The use of such abbreviations also causes many, albeit not all, people to use this in frequent conversations. It is true that the use of such terminology can save time for the typer. However, there isn't a large difference between typing out the original word in full and the modern alternative. Therefore, the users of such abbreviations are merely reducing the letters typed by an insignificant one or two letters.

One could delve deeper into the issues that arise from this. The words of the English language, in my opinion, should remain as they are. Like glue, the letters of the original wording should stay stuck together, and not be forgotten in the many conversations of our generation.

This common use of abbreviations is a frightening thought too. As they are used so frequently, they are beginning to emerge into our everyday vernacular. We should hold onto what is rightfully ours - our dear English language - and not be tempted to use alternatives in our text.

Thank you for reading :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

*Applause*

Okay I didn't watch the whole thing, but what I did watch was great :lol:
I was looking at a thread from 2007. TSR looked really active back then.
PrincessBO$$
:biggrin: Where is hamza? Btw i cooked biryani today by myself! :biggrin:

Wow let's celebrate Asma's first dish!!!!
:banana:
@hamza772000, @PrincessBO$$ :colone:
The words of Cheese:
Advantages to trusting Cheese: Get to look at that cheeky link (its really funny), get to share bant, get to experience bant and get to be on my bae-list :fan:
There are varying reasons as to why some people dislike the use of certain words, such as that in bold, describing a particular type of list.
One such reason is that it is not a proper word. I do have respect for it as it is mean to discriminate...but the word in question is not a pleasant one. It is a shortened version of a real word. The real word is what should be used, in my humble opinion.
The use of such abbreviations also causes many, albeit not all, people to use this in frequent conversations. It is true that the use of such terminology can save time for the typer. However, there isn't a large difference between typing out the original word in full and the modern alternative. Therefore, the users of such abbreviations are merely reducing the letters typed by an insignificant one or two letters.
One could delve deeper into the issues that arise from this. The words of the English language, in my opinion, should remain as they are. Like glue, the letters of the original wording should stay stuck together, and not be forgotten in the many conversations of our generation.
This common use of abbreviations is a frightening thought too. As they are used so frequently, they are beginning to emerge into our everyday vernacular. We should hold onto what is rightfully ours - our dear English language - and not be tempted to use alternatives in our text.
Thank you for reading :smile:

lol well said
i 9/8 marks deffo :yep:
I actually adored the glue reference XD
Original post by mediaya
Wow let's celebrate Asma's first dish!!!!
:banana:
@hamza772000, @PrincessBO$$ :colone:
@PrincessBO$$ I can only imagine the taste......:redface: lol, jk Good job! :top:
Original post by SassKing13

:jiggy: u know it!

Okay I didn't watch the whole thing, but what I did watch was great :lol:

yup
thats y i like him!

*Applause*

*bows me you*
*tries to hold the tears in*
*whimpers*
Thank you KSKC!
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
lol well said
i 9/8 marks deffo :yep:
I actually adored the glue reference XD

Thanks! I was very nervous; I only thought I'd get a maximum of 5 marks because I didn't include many connectives and there wasn't much of a variety of punctuation :redface:
But thank you!
Haha I'm glad you did:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hamza772000
@PrincessBO$$ I can only imagine the taste......:redface: lol, jk Good job! :top:

Yh ur right :awesome:, the taste would be soooooo good!! :rolleyes:
I want some now! :puppyeyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

*bows me you*
*tries to hold the tears in*
*whimpers*
Thank you KSKC!

Thanks! I was very nervous; I only thought I'd get a maximum of 5 marks because I didn't include many connectives and there wasn't much of a variety of punctuation :redface:
But thank you!
Haha I'm glad you did:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:
[video="youtube;wFWDGTVYqE8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFWDGTVYqE8[/video]
Original post by mediaya
Yh ur right :awesome:, the taste would be soooooo good!! :rolleyes:
I want some now! :puppyeyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
yh, lol, sooooooo niceee :rolleyes:
yh, lol, sooooooo niceee :rolleyes:

@PrincessBO$$ oooooh eeeeh :hi: my little queen where are you?!?!?!
i bet she is hidding from you Hamza :colone:
Original post by mediaya
@PrincessBO$$ oooooh eeeeh :hi: my little queen where are you?!?!?!
i bet she is hidding from you Hamza :colone:
Fine, I'll leave then.
Fine, I'll leave then.

:cry2:yh:cry: leave:cry: me :cry2:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mediaya
:cry2:yh:cry: leave:cry: me :cry2:

Spoiler

Fine. I didn't read the spoiler.