The Student Room Group

Will France lose tourism due to terrorism?

Will France eventually lose most of their tourism due to their terrorism problem?

Scroll to see replies

They'll inevitably lose some.
people will stay at home & buy Camembert from Tesco.
The Cornish coast is very nice this time of the year, safer too.
Reply 4
Sigh, I just don't see why countries value refugees and having mass multiculturalism over the safety of their own citizens.
I would imagine so. All of Europe has issues, but France seems to have the worst record.
Reply 6
Original post by jeremy1988
I would imagine so. All of Europe has issues, but France seems to have the worst record.

And they also have the highest muslim population in Europe
Original post by orton6
Will France eventually lose most of their tourism due to their terrorism problem?

They will lose some, but they are still the most popular tourist destination in the world and streets ahead of the UK. The probabiliyu of being involved in a terrorist incident is still very low.

According to the UNWTO they are ranked:

1. France 83.7m
8. UK 32.6m
Original post by orton6
Sigh, I just don't see why countries value refugees and having mass multiculturalism over the safety of their own citizens.

People feel guilty about having first-world problems and being better off than the Middle East and Africa, so they want to let those people in until they have third-world problems and their countries suck too, so that they don't have to feel bad anymore. Also some weird mystical woo-woo stuff about karma that's mostly used as a justification for the above attitude.

Original post by orton6

That's not surprising, somehow.
Original post by orton6

Perhaps pick up a book on French history and then you will learn why.
Reply 10
Original post by 999tigger
Perhaps pick up a book on French history and then you will learn why.

Did I ask why?
Original post by orton6
Did I ask why?

Ahhh it was just the usual anti muslim gambit then. I overestimated you.
Reply 12
No. People will eventually stop fearing terrorism.
Reply 13
Original post by mrahim
No. People will eventually stop fearing terrorism.

Why? It's happening more and more, and countries aren't doing anything about it.
Reply 14
Original post by orton6
Why? It's happening more and more, and countries aren't doing anything about it.

You are wrong. Government are stepping up their game in matters of security.
Reply 15
Original post by mrahim
You are wrong. Government are stepping up their game in matters of security.

Letting in more refugees that we have no idea who they are is not increasing our security.
Reply 16
Original post by orton6
Letting in more refugees that we have no idea who they are is not increasing our security.

There is adequate checks. The world is a mess, what is there to do :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by mrahim
what is there to do :frown:

Don't let mass amounts of unidentified refugees in.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by orton6
Limit or stop the immigration of muslims until the issue of islamic terrorism is solved.

You support Trump, by any chance?
Original post by orton6

In my opinion ....I guess it will ....cuz ...I mean who would want to visit a place where terrorism is currently going on :confused::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest