The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingaaran
Yeah if it's possible based on your UMS!

safe.
Yeah if it's possible based on your UMS!

which modules are counted as maths and further maths? For instance, can I do this for normal maths : C1,C2,C3,C4,S3,D1 even though I sat D1 and S3 for Further maths and then have FP1,FP2,M1,M2,S1,S2
Original post by NoahMal
which modules are counted as maths and further maths? For instance, can I do this for normal maths : C1,C2,C3,C4,S3,D1 even though I sat D1 and S3 for Further maths and then have FP1,FP2,M1,M2,S1,S2

i'm not sure about that tbf
i'm not sure about that tbf

I found it online for Core it must be

C1,C2,C3,C4 And

m1 and m2 or
m1 and s1 or
s1 and s2 or
d1 and d2 or
d1 and m1 or
d1 and s1
Please can you post the official Edexcel mark schemes for mathematics a-level for example google drive link . Thanks in advance
Although I'm a bit late in saying what I thought about the exam, I felt like saying what I have to say since results day is near. I personally disagree with the fact that some people on here are confidently saying that the grade boundaries are going be high and that the paper was "easy". This paper was probably the hardest S2 exam released as a majority of the questions had too many unknown parameters and last years grade boundaries were high. Previous S2 papers where box-standard and were easy to do with your eyes closed, resulting in high grade boundaries.

I personally think it will be 58-60 to get an A for this paper.
Link to papers and mark schemes for June 2016:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8-1JBH-Ga-mb1VfRDYtMFBCUjg/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy :biggrin:

Thank you!
links seem broken though.

Edit: Nevermind, just had to download them, but there only seems to be question papers and no mark schemes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NotNotBatman
Thank you!
links seem broken though.

Edit: Nevermind, just had to download them, but there only seems to be question papers and no mark schemes.

Hey sorry - the link is wrong and only has the papers. There are no Statistics or Decision mark schemes just yet - only the other modules
Original post by ExplicitAI
Although I'm a bit late in saying what I thought about the exam, I felt like saying what I have to say since results day is near. I personally disagree with the fact that some people on here are confidently saying that the grade boundaries are going be high and that the paper was "easy". This paper was probably the hardest S2 exam released as a majority of the questions had too many unknown parameters and last years grade boundaries were high. Previous S2 papers where box-standard and were easy to do with your eyes closed, resulting in high grade boundaries.

I personally think it will be 58-60 to get an A for this paper.

Sorry I have to disagree - I thought it was a very standard paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack
Sorry I have to disagree - I thought it was a very standard paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think this was definitely not as easy as a paper as people have seemed to think - many of the questions were longer and worth more marks (like 4,5 and even 8 marks). The format of this paper also seemed to be different from previous years, with questions worded with more ambiguity than previously. So, I think it was not the easiest, but I predict grade boundaries to be around 68 for the a* (or maybe even a few marks lower tbh).
Original post by GrandMasti
I think this was definitely not as easy as a paper as people have seemed to think - many of the questions were longer and worth more marks (like 4,5 and even 8 marks). The format of this paper also seemed to be different from previous years, with questions worded with more ambiguity than previously. So, I think it was not the easiest, but I predict grade boundaries to be around 68 for the a* (or maybe even a few marks lower tbh).

What about for an A?
Original post by target21859
What about for an A?

Umm isn't it normally 6 marks lower than the A* boundary? so around 62?
Hey sorry - the link is wrong and only has the papers. There are no Statistics or Decision mark schemes just yet - only the other modules

Do you have the fp2 paper?

I am aware of that. I was asking for the actual paper, not the mark scheme.
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
I am aware of that. I was asking for the actual paper, not the mark scheme.

Post 1315 has all of the papers, you'll have to download them.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Post 1315 has all of the papers, you'll have to download them.

Thank you. Didn't see the fp2 paper there initially for some reason.
Any predictions for S2 grade boundaries?
I think it would be A*-69,A-64,B-57,C-50,D-44
Original post by anonymous2410
Any predictions for S2 grade boundaries?
I think it would be A*-69,A-64,B-57,C-50,D-44

I think it'll be 68 for an A* and 62 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it'll be 68 for an A* and 62 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

67/68 for an A grade last year, though? And this paper I feel was easier? I don't know, though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending