The Student Room Group

Medify

Is medify good to use for ukcat practice? are the questions on it easier or harder than the real UKCAT?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by ss2525
Is medify good to use for ukcat practice? are the questions on it easier or harder than the real UKCAT?

It's good for qr, ok for VR, absolute crap for ar, and too easy for da (UKCAT made da a lot harder this year because of the errors the previous year).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
is it harder than the real abstract?
Original post by ss2525
is it harder than the real abstract?

It's just plain wrong! Most of the patterns on Medify look like they've been drawn by a 3 year old who can't hold a pencil properly. Whereas the actual text has proper patterns and things you're supposed to look for. I found the Kaplan book to be the best overall to be honest, but there aren't that many questions in there so I also used Medify a bit and also the 600q book.
Reply 5
do you mind me asking whst score you got? If possible could you give me a breakdown of the different sections?
Sure! VR 850 QR 790 AR 880 DA 740.
So average 815. Sjt band 1 but they discounted it for everyone this year because there were marking errors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
thats amazing! so I've got medify, do you recommend i use it with something else? How do I prepare to sort of optimise my results and how long before it did you start preparing?
Original post by ss2525
thats amazing! so I've got medify, do you recommend i use it with something else? How do I prepare to sort of optimise my results and how long before it did you start preparing?

How long are you planning on having it for? Because I thought the UKCAT exam wasn't till July earliest and most people spend about a month before, with maybe 2 weeks hardcore revision. I'm not sure revising specifically for UKCAT for ages helps - just core skills like simple calculations quickly etc.
Original post by JenniB22
So average 815. Sjt band 1 but they discounted it for everyone this year because there were marking errors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's some score:smile:. Did you get any offers?
Original post by FlareBlitz96
That's some score:smile:. Did you get any offers?

Haha thanks. Yeah I got 4 interviews, offer from southampton so far, waiting to hear back from newcastle and KCL, and withdrew from Warwick because I got my Soton offer before the Warwick interview :smile: all for grad entry though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by QuidditchFan
How long are you planning on having it for? Because I thought the UKCAT exam wasn't till July earliest and most people spend about a month before, with maybe 2 weeks hardcore revision. I'm not sure revising specifically for UKCAT for ages helps - just core skills like simple calculations quickly etc.

think I have it for a year...and I'm concentrating on my as's before I start preparing for it but I have tried a few questions, nothing major
Original post by ss2525

I had it for about a month before my test and found it helpful personally :smile: It really helps with timing especially the mock tests. The real test was most similar to the "hard" mock test btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ss2525
think I have it for a year...and I'm concentrating on my as's before I start preparing for it but I have tried a few questions, nothing major

Wow you definitely don't need it for that long! I had it for about a month, maybe 2? I honestly wouldn't even bother thinking about it until you've done your as exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
It's good for qr, ok for VR, absolute crap for ar, and too easy for da (UKCAT made da a lot harder this year because of the errors the previous year).

Posted from TSR Mobile

woww jenni! your score is amazing! im taking my UKCAT this year, however Im really struggling. how long did you revise for your UKCAT ??

thank u!!
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow well done! my UKCAT is in 1 month's time and on the analysis of my practice questions on medify I'm getting from 62%-75% in the different sections. Would you say this is on track?
Reply 16

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats absolutely amazing!!

Would you say doing just the 600Q book is enough? My UKCAT is on Tuesday 6th October and I'm taking it overseas so I doubt I'll be able to get the kaplan book locally.. I was thinking of getting medify for a week but after reading about how the AR is bad and the DA is too easy, I'm slightly put off :/ Any suggestions? (Can we find mock papers online?)
Reply 17
doesn't kaplan have an online resource ? is that good?
how does it compare
I think computerised testing is better.
Original post by 73iso
doesn't kaplan have an online resource ? is that good?
how does it compare
I think computerised testing is better.

Hi 73iso

If you are looking for resources to help with your UCKAT prep, perhaps I can help.

Do you have your test booked yet?

There are lots of resources available, it can be difficult to know what to spend your time and money on.

I would say that when choosing books, do make sure that they are the most up to date and comprehensive books on the market. We often hear from people who are using books that are really out of date and so not giving themselves the best chance of success.

Are you considering an online course? Again, there are lots out there so choosing the right one for you is important. I would look at what resources you get as part of the courses this varies largely. Do give me shout if you would like any advice on this.

In the meantime, you might be interested in reading our blog for some tips on getting ready for your UKCAT.

Hope that helps.
UniAdmissions
Reply 19
Original post by UniAdmissions
Hi 73iso

If you are looking for resources to help with your UCKAT prep, perhaps I can help.

Do you have your test booked yet?

There are lots of resources available, it can be difficult to know what to spend your time and money on.

I would say that when choosing books, do make sure that they are the most up to date and comprehensive books on the market. We often hear from people who are using books that are really out of date and so not giving themselves the best chance of success.

Are you considering an online course? Again, there are lots out there so choosing the right one for you is important. I would look at what resources you get as part of the courses this varies largely. Do give me shout if you would like any advice on this.

In the meantime, you might be interested in reading our blog for some tips on getting ready for your UKCAT.

Hope that helps.
UniAdmissions

I think the 600Q is outdated. It still contains DA questions. It also doesn't have any SJT questions.

Original post by ibs11
Thats absolutely amazing!!

Would you say doing just the 600Q book is enough? My UKCAT is on Tuesday 6th October and I'm taking it overseas so I doubt I'll be able to get the kaplan book locally.. I was thinking of getting medify for a week but after reading about how the AR is bad and the DA is too easy, I'm slightly put off :/ Any suggestions? (Can we find mock papers online?)

No I would say that it is not enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending