The Student Room Group

FRANCE NEEDS TO REACT NOW! ISIS urges followers to carry out more attacks in France

ISIS have called on jihadis to carry out more deadly terror attacks on France in the wake of the Nice assault that left 84 people dead. In one of two new propaganda videos, a French speaking jihadi describes how lone-wolf Mohamed Bouhlel drove a 19-tonne lorry through Bastille Day crowds killing 84 people. In a call to arms for those who have not yet carried out jihad, the ISIS mouthpiece says they should feel 'ashamed'. He claims that Nice is evidence that when ISIS makes promises they 'deliver', however authorities have said there no firm links between Bouhlel and the terror group have been established.

The video, released by ISIS media outlet Wilayat al-Furat, opens with two smiling bearded ISIS fighters Abu 'Abdil' - 'Aziz Al-Jaza' Iri and Abu Idris Al-Baljiki before a man shoots at a wall and declares 'this is a gift to Francois Hollande'. Images from the Nice attack flash up, showing dead bodies on the floor and a graphic depicts the murderous journey Bouhlel's truck took along the Promenade de Anglais on July 14. Clips of the French president speaking about the attack are also used in the slickly produced video, alongside footage of supposed bloodied victims of airstrikes in Syria and Iraq.

France is part of the US-led coalition conducting airstrikes against Isil targets in the two countries. The jihadi in a black burqa references the Bataclan attack and pulls out a knife and urges people to 'kill'. A heading on the video says 'your silence is killing you'. Another new propaganda video, released by Wilayat Nineveh, follows a similar theme in urging for more attacks to target France. The clip shows the beheading of two Iraqi Shiite soldiers caught in their recent operations. It also includes local Iraqi people saying that Nice residents 'had it coming to them for bombing our homes'.

The Islamic State group has claimed several high-profile attacks in the West that it appears to have inspired rather than planned, sowing fear and boosting its profile at low cost. Such attacks require far less effort than planning and financing an operation in Europe or the United States and dispatching IS jihadists to carry it out, and also leave fewer signs for authorities trying to foil them. And they allow IS to portray itself as being on the offensive against its foes, even as the group has suffered a string of defeats inside the cross-border 'caliphate' it proclaimed in Iraq and Syria two years ago. 'They help to create a climate of fear and reinforce the idea that IS remains a potent force despite territorial losses,' said Aymenn al-Tamimi, a jihadism expert and research fellow at the Middle East Forum. But 'the way IS has claimed the attacks suggests (a) lack of direct operational involvement'.

Encouraging attacks in Western countries is a deliberate part of IS strategy, something indicated by 'the fact that they are willing to claim most of them', said Will McCants, also an expert on jihadists and a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. The strategy of inspiring attacks contrasts with many IS operations in Iraq, Syria and elsewhere in the Middle East that the group directly plans and for which it trains and arms militants. The language used in claims for attacks in Germany on Monday and France last week pointed to an inspirational rather than operational role for IS. The jihadist-linked Amaq agency said the axe-wielding teenager who attacked passengers on a train in southern Germany 'carried out this operation responding to calls to target countries of the coalition fighting' IS. And it used much the same language after a man in a truck ploughed through a crowd of Bastille Day revellers in the city of Nice on the French Riviera. Both attackers were described as IS fighters, but the term does not necessarily mean they had any direct ties to or training from the jihadist group.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3700942/ISIS-attacks-France-new-propaganda-videos.html

Scroll to see replies

You don't think they're organising already? I imagine that the far right and nationalist groups are already stockpiling weapons like the terrorists are.
bande de suceurs

translation compliance:

Spoiler

Reply 3
Stop immigration from Muslim countries. Block websites supporting ISIS. Start bombing ISIS properly with more airstrikes and some ground presence.
You should read up on French colonial history before posting garbage like this. Then you might understand why attacks like this are taking place in France.
Reply 5
Original post by Silver Arrow
You should read up on French colonial history before posting garbage like this. Then you might understand why attacks like this are taking place in France.

I think everyone should including our own and what we did. It'll give them perspective.
Reply 6
Original post by Trapz99
Stop immigration from Muslim countries. Block websites supporting ISIS. Start bombing ISIS properly with more airstrikes and some ground presence.

You mean bombing more innocent civilians?

Sure, the algerian civil war was ****, but that doesn't mean france should bend over and take it.
Reply 8
Original post by HAnwar

No. I mean bombing ISIS. Unfortunately, there may be some unintentional civilian casualties but we need to destroy ISIS.
(edited 7 years ago)
sacre bleu
You've pointed out a problem, got a solution?

inb4 "Ban all Muslims" / "police the ENTIRE darkweb"
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
You've pointed out a problem, got a solution?

inb4 "Ban all Muslims" / "police the ENTIRE darkweb"

I have thought about this. I have 2 that could lower the chances of attacks potentially.

First off, we have to, as a society, admit the problem.

After that, I would probably start trying to make plants out of migrants and people already in the movements. Surveillance on anybody who has a good amount of evidence suggesting they're islamists and they would carry out such actions (previous criminal record etc.)

Finally, I would start stationing police inside of mosques to find out what they're preaching. If they go underground when this happens (which I expect a lot of mosques will), the other intelligence services will pick up on it.
Original post by HAnwar

We need to start damaging ISIS and air strikes will minimise British soldier deaths. Some civilians die in envy war, unfortunately. That doesn't mean we should just let ISIS grow.
Better border controls are needed all across Europe. Our leaders were stupid to think that the third world should be included in globalisation.
Original post by TercioOfParma
I have thought about this. I have 2 that could lower the chances of attacks potentially.

First off, we have to, as a society, admit the problem.

After that, I would probably start trying to make plants out of migrants and people already in the movements. Surveillance on anybody who has a good amount of evidence suggesting they're islamists and they would carry out such actions (previous criminal record etc.)

Finally, I would start stationing police inside of mosques to find out what they're preaching. If they go underground when this happens (which I expect a lot of mosques will), the other intelligence services will pick up on it.

Admitting the problem is not going to help, given that evidently parts of society are divided on the cause. Whose to decide what 'problem' is the right one? Whether its Islam being violent or immigration or general hatred. And its not a simple case of 'admitting' the problem, evidently these things occur because of a complex series of problems and not just Islam.

Shoving out migrants is unnecessary, unfair and ineffective. The extreme majority of these migrants are harmless and will never cause problems, its stupid to move every single one, even a lot of them out just because some terrorist atrocities have apparently been committed by migrants. And secondly, where would you send them? On a boat back to Syria? Imagine how expensive that would be, you'd be ridiculed on the world stage, you'd motivate these people to start hating us even more. The problem isn't going to disappear for us if we just shove them to Somewhere-istan.

Policing inside Mosques causes similar problems, additionally it alienates the Muslim community further - antagonising potential radicals to become radicalised. And clearly radicalisation occurs online and in prisons, this method of policing Mosques only contains one possible means of radicalisation - and terrorists / potential radicals would adapt to move under the dark web and other means anyway.

You guys are very eager to point out the problems, but your solutions are beyond laughable.
Original post by Trapz99
No. I mean bombing ISIS. Unfortunately, there may be some unintentional civilian casualties but we need to destroy ISIS.

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
Stop immigration from Muslim countries.

One of my best friends used to live in UAE. He now lives in England. He is a White Christian. Should we have stopped him from entering?
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
Admitting the problem is not going to help, given that evidently parts of society are divided on the cause. Whose to decide what 'problem' is the right one? Whether its Islam being violent or immigration or general hatred. And its not a simple case of 'admitting' the problem, evidently these things occur because of a complex series of problems and not just Islam.

Shoving out migrants is unnecessary, unfair and ineffective. The extreme majority of these migrants are harmless and will never cause problems, its stupid to move every single one, even a lot of them out just because some terrorist atrocities have apparently been committed by migrants. And secondly, where would you send them? On a boat back to Syria? Imagine how expensive that would be, you'd be ridiculed on the world stage, you'd motivate these people to start hating us even more. The problem isn't going to disappear for us if we just shove them to Somewhere-istan.

Policing inside Mosques causes similar problems, additionally it alienates the Muslim community further - antagonising potential radicals to become radicalised. And clearly radicalisation occurs online and in prisons, this method of policing Mosques only contains one possible means of radicalisation - and terrorists / potential radicals would adapt to move under the dark web and other means anyway.

You guys are very eager to point out the problems, but your solutions are beyond laughable.

Yes, it will, it is in fact half the solution.

I never said anything about deporting migrants, I said "use them as plants".

Sure, I recognised that issue in the OP, and this will be picked up by the new plants for the most part. Regardless, it will stifle the ability for radical ideas to spread as easily. I find it funny how you call my solutions stupid and yet you cannot read the solutions.

so you are blaming ISLAMIC terror attacks on French colonial history of which not many living Frenchmen will have been a part of, if any. You are saying ISIS is justified, my God. i am afraid the only person spewing gargage is YOU, now stop being a Muslim apologist and WAKE UP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending