The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
I know it's only 4 weeks (papers have now all been marked and will be going through quality control now) but I feel like I'm not worried at all. And I'm rather scared that I'm not worried.

Yh I'm surprisingly calm but I should be panicking given English Lang will be subjectively mark and so they could rob me off my uni place if they're in a bad mood when it comes to marking ! Argh
Reply 1001
Original post by fefssdf
Yh I'm surprisingly calm but I should be panicking given English Lang will be subjectively mark and so they could rob me off my uni place if they're in a bad mood when it comes to marking ! Argh

Is it just one essay? If not you might find different questions are marked by different people.
Are there any June 2016 markschemes for OCR or aqa exams
Original post by Aph
Is it just one essay? If not you might find different questions are marked by different people.

Nah it's like 2 sections, and 2 10 markers and 2 40 markers so yes hopefully different people do mark the questions ; I didn't think of that before !
Original post by MoonVirgo
You can find them on Facebook (search 'papercut.weebly':wink: and request for any missing ones. :smile:

Ok cool thanks for letting me know :smile:
Is there a mark scheme for OCR French A2?
Im probably gonna fail.. i guess thats what i get for studying in a school that couldnt provide teachers.. 😭😭😭
Reply 1007
Original post by Ethan Sequeira
Im probably gonna fail.. i guess thats what i get for studying in a school that couldnt provide teachers.. 😭😭😭

Couldn't provide teachers?
I've started to doubt myself on everything. Honestly I could get anything from A*A*A* down to CCC at this point.
The worst part is that I can do nothing but worry for four weeks :frown:
Wonder if King's would take me on A*AB despite missing their AAA offer...
Does anyone have a link or website for the AQA mark schemes? Or know when they are being released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bubbles26
Does anyone have a link or website for the AQA mark schemes? Or know when they are being released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're not going to be available until the 17th but you can find unofficial mark schemes by just searching for the ones you want, hope that helped c:
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone do AQA Design & Technology (Product Design)? I can't seem to find anywhere how to achieve an A* overall? I know that usually it has something to do with a specific score in the A2 exam
Original post by Aph
I know it's only 4 weeks (papers have now all been marked and will be going through quality control now) but I feel like I'm not worried at all. And I'm rather scared that I'm not worried.

How do you know that all the papers have been marked?
Original post by Dave8991
Did anyone do AQA Design & Technology (Product Design)? I can't seem to find anywhere how to achieve an A* overall? I know that usually it has something to do with a specific score in the A2 exam

How many modules does it have in A2/overall? (the number of modules usually determines the criteria for A*)
Reply 1015
Original post by lytran
How do you know that all the papers have been marked?

The general timeline.
A week before results day the papers have already been graded and marked to go to unis.
A week before that is float, in case something goes wrong they have time to fix it.
The week before that is setting grade boundries and if nessesary removing questions plus assigning grades.
The weeks before that is the time where head examiners are checking examiners work and making sure nothing went wrong plus sending things to remark if they did.

If exams haven't been though their first marking by now things are running slow.
:unsure:
Original post by naz.97
Wonder if King's would take me on A*AB despite missing their AAA offer...

Depends on what the B is in

Quick Reply

Latest