The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Visiting LE open day alone?

Well, there's an open day at Leicester tomorrow. I asked around but no one seemed to be going, and no family member can come with me. There's a girl that said she might try but I doubt she will. I'm wondering if I visit alone - will it seem weird? It's a 3 hour journey by coach from London, and I really want to visit but I am not sure that I will be all that confident in doing so alone.
I went to my offer holder day alone. I found it actually gave me more time to view the uni at my own pace and stop and ask questions when I wanted.
Take notes during the day so you can discuss it later with someone who's opinion you trust :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
It's fine, everyone just does their own thing.

If you're going to put it as one of your choices anyway I'd just go to the applicant day, it was basically the same but included a free lunch and more subject specific info. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Hamo2509
I went to my offer holder day alone. I found it actually gave me more time to view the uni at my own pace and stop and ask questions when I wanted.
Take notes during the day so you can discuss it later with someone who's opinion you trust :smile:

Original post by JamesN88
It's fine, everyone just does their own thing.

If you're going to put it as one of your choices anyway I'd just go to the applicant day, it was basically the same but included a free lunch and more subject specific info. :smile:

Thanks guys. Feels slightly less like the end of the world, haha. I didn't even know that there were visit days once you'd applied - so if I can't make it, that'll do it :smile:
Original post by Opulent
Thanks guys. Feels slightly less like the end of the world, haha. I didn't even know that there were visit days once you'd applied - so if I can't make it, that'll do it :smile:

I've been to several open days alone. You don't look weird, no one cares, and you're most likely never going to see anyone there again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending