The Student Room Group

When are you doing your UKCAT?

I'm assuming the majority of people will be doing it some time in August. But is it better to get the test out the way before results day or kick it back as late as possible to maximise preparation time?
Reply 1
17 August.
#backtobackresultsdays
Ill be doing mine around early sept, mainly cause ill away on holiday for most of august
Reply 3
Late September as my Masters dissertation is due in mid-August, so gives me just over a month to prepare.
Reply 4
Late September also, as my dissertation on stem cells is due on the 20th September. Will do mine as late as I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alanaro
I'm assuming the majority of people will be doing it some time in August. But is it better to get the test out the way before results day or kick it back as late as possible to maximise preparation time?

Hi alanaro

Hoping I can offer some advice on this.

I think the answer to your question entirely depends on your available time for preparing. If you feel that booking your test for September will mean that you have more time available over the summer holidays to prepare, then go for that. Do consider though that if you book it for late September, you will most likely then be doing school work in addition to studying for your test.

You really want to be scheduling yourself a few hours a day, ideally 4+, in the weeks leading up to your UKCAT. It is important to try and schedule your prep in this way rather than try and cram before your test and leave yourself feeling stressed.

You might be interested in reading this blog as it is full of some great tips for getting ready for the big day.

Do give me a shout if you have any questions I can help with.

UniAdmissions
18th of August... results day XD
It was the latest available date in August when I was booking.
Original post by yukicookie
18th of August... results day XD
It was the latest available date in August when I was booking.

Hi yukicookie

How is your prep going?

You've still got a few weeks so plenty of time to really get yourself as ready as possible.

Do you have a schedule in place for practising?

It would be a really good idea to set aside a few hours each day between now and your test date. Ideally 4+, which could be done on your own using the resources you have or as part of a course.

Hopefully you have all your resources collected together by now, but if not, there is still time. Just make sure when choosing books that they are the most up to date and comprehensive on the market.

You might find this blog interesting as it has some great tips for getting ready for the big day.

Do give me a shout if you have any questions... always happy to help.

UniAdmissions
10th August then 7 days on holiday then back for results day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending