The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You have a cool Prime Minister + you also speak French in some areas. I need to move there. :biggrin:
You do realise that the US will invade Canada at some point, right?
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
It's hard not to look at it's land mass and resources, it's potential for more population, plus when you factor climate change, plus it's peaceful, successful civilization, and think it maybe the hope for the future. I can't really see that even the UK has those prospects, what with it's chronic overcrowding, and vastly smaller land mass. There is if of course a comparable nation in a cool zone, which is Russia. I wonder what their future will be? I think the UK may be self important and hard to sustain when I look at it's predicament, the greatness it aspires to but it's limited land and resources.

The short answer is Canada will only get stronger but the future is south east Asia and the sub continent.

This is the Asian century

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have pondered emigrating there you see.

I've considered it too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Canada must be a great country to live in for sure-especially if you want to bring up children.Im surprised more people dont dream of living there.Perhaps it's the cold.

Failing that,New England or Norway.
Original post by paul514
The short answer is Canada will only get stronger but the future is south east Asia and the sub continent.

This is the Asian century

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno. Japan, China maybe, Not so sure about India anymore with the extreme heat and climate change getting worse.
Reply 26
Canada seems like a great place to live although South Africa and Brazil will be the next 'big' country
I dunno. Japan, China maybe, Not so sure about India anymore with the extreme heat and climate change getting worse.

It is rising rapidly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup, Canada is baee ❤️😜
Reply 29
I have pondered emigrating there you see.

How many points do you have?
Reply 30
Original post by george_c00per
You have a cool Prime Minister + you also speak French in some areas. I need to move there. :biggrin:

Not really... :s-smilie:

:biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by moggis
Canada must be a great country to live in for sure-especially if you want to bring up children.Im surprised more people dont dream of living there.Perhaps it's the cold.

Failing that,New England or Norway.

Norway is fabulously expensive though.
Reply 32
Original post by Josb
Norway is fabulously expensive though.

Yes I know. I know it may seem strange but for me that's part of the attraction.
In Britain everything (except housing in the south ) is cheaper but we probably aren't happier.*We just consume more.

One of the reasons prices are more expensive in Norway (at least I assume it's one of the reasons) is because of added taxes.

But these taxes go to help make Norway a more equal society which I for one would prefer to live in.

Apart from that I'd consider the extra costs as a tax on the natural beauty including being able to see the stars in the night sky.Not to mention keeping the population down.

But also living a relatively frugal lifestyle can teach your children a great deal and turn them into better adjusted adults.

(Mind you when they get to 18 they will tend to get the ferry to England and get ****** cheaply!)

* if surveys show that Norwegians aren't that happy it's no doubt because people eventually don't appreciate what they have

(Of course I will never go now,mind.It takes a certain amount of je ne sais quoi to emigrate)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
Not really... :s-smilie:

:biggrin:

but.. but.. Quebec..? :frown:
Original post by umar39
Canada seems like a great place to live although South Africa and Brazil will be the next 'big' country

Both countries are going down the toilet (even more so than they are already). SA will be the new Zimbabwe*
Original post by bolly_mad
You do realise that the US will invade Canada at some point, right?

They've already tried and failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a theory. I honestly believe the regular coming and going of the seasons and the winters we endure brings us closer as a society. Health coverage for all and the yearly soldiering together through winter is both unifying and humbling.
irst Ori post by SaucissonSecCy)Are you talking winters or elevation? Whoever designed this web page is retarded...it's garbage. Anyway, if you think everything north of the border is uninhabitable I think you need to do some research. 90% of Canada is south of Alaska and that state has a thriving population. If you factor in climate change Canada's north will be like a massive lifeboat for the world. The fact is Canada has a small population because the country is only 150 years old. The north is very liveable and already is developed. I have no clue where you'd get the Argentina comparison.
Are you talking winters or elevation?

Latest