The Student Room Group

The Cricket Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by The Wavefunction
South Africa risked a 90% Steyn when they played England, and he hasn't been the same since. Fair call imo.

Exactly.

If you're going against what your medical team say, you are putting human beings at risk - and what's the point in the physio staff if they won't be listened to anyway?
Another test. Another century for Virat Kohli. India in a good position with over 300 scored in the 1st day. They should look to bat till lunch tomorrow without losing another wicket. 400+ would be a good total on this track.
Reply 1402
Awesome from Kohli. We must remember that he was playing against a very limited attack, but he rose to the occasion with India faltering on 70-2, and his shot selection was great. He didn't allow the big, strapping Windies bowlers to rough him up, and he showed his propensity to pick runs and run between the stumps swiftly and energetically on what was a slow pitch surrounded by a slow outfield.

I actually though Gabriel bowled pretty competently for the Windies, but the floodgates opened for India later in the day and Dhawan justified his selection. It was a big call from Kohli, but one he ultimately got right, and the pair performed exceptionally together as Dhawan repaid Kohli's loyalty in style.

Devendra Bishoo also impressed for the hosts, but you imagine India will saunter to victory from here.
West Indies team looks extremely week to me.And I also think it will be pretty one sided matches.Looking forward towards tomorrow's match England vs Pakistan that should be good.Hopefully it will be even better that the first one.
What channel is showing the India West Indies game?
Original post by tazza ma razza
What channel is showing the India West Indies game?

In England? It's on sky sports 3 from 3pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1406
Ball and Finn make away for Anderson and Stokes as expected, but Rashid misses out on his home ground as Cook shows a reluctance to play two spinners against Pakistan. England win the toss and will bat first, though.

One more thing on Kohli...his performance completely calmed things down for India. The Windies' team was set up to frustrate and draw. They are not attempting to win the match, with only one front-line spinner and one front-line seamer. The rest of their attack are just bits and pieces cricketers, but with India faltering at 70-2, you'd have felt WI would have smelt blood. Kohli's brilliance has taken the game away from them, though.
As I said the other day, Hales not good enough for Test cricket. 80's against a military medium, bellow par county level Sri Lanka side isn't enough to warrant a place.

It really is painful watching Windies play test cricket, you almost want to tell them to just forget it and stick to the limited overs stuff. You could probably have counted the spectators yesterday on your one hand.
Original post by Mackay
but Rashid misses out on his home ground

Ehhh?

Looks a good wicket so far. Roots driving straighter this innings, something which always is advisable against the left-armed with the angle.
If India don't win this test match and series there is a huge problem. Hopefully our bowlers can do the job and take 20 wickets.

Kohli leading from the front like he does :adore:

Still not convinced with Dhawan as an opener and would rather KL Rahul be given a chance for the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All set for our template innings:

2nd opener gone early, Cook and Root rebuild, middle order collapses, lower middle order rebuild, ~320 all out.
Original post by Louis.
All set for our template innings:

2nd opener gone early, Cook and Root rebuild, middle order collapses, lower middle order rebuild, ~320 all out.

Standard day at the office LooooL
Great interview with Imran during lunch. Such a charming man.
Played fairly well so far, but I think this pitch will be a nightmare to bat on on days 4 and 5. Big pressure on Moeen to deliver.
(edited 7 years ago)
Played fairly well so far, but I think this pitch will be a nightmare to bowl on on days 4 and 5. Big pressure on Moeen to deliver.

You mean bat on surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
You mean bat on surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That I did :frown:
Reply 1416
A very typical Cook innings.

Lovely patience and concentration. He has now drawn level with Bradman with 29 centuries, and his performance shows the likes of Ballance and Vince what they're currently missing.

He doesn't play rash shots - in fact, he only has about six shots in his armoury. But he's a remarkably patient player, and surely the best opening batsman of modern times. He'd walk into my World XI.
That I did :frown:

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
A very typical Cook innings.

Lovely patience and concentration. He has now drawn level with Bradman with 29 centuries, and his performance shows the likes of Ballance and Vince what they're currently missing.

He doesn't play rash shots - in fact, he only has about six shots in his armoury. But he's a remarkably patient player, and surely the best opening batsman of modern times. He'd walk into my World XI.

I think you're being generous with 6, haha! Square cut, flick to the leg side and a pull shot every now and again.
Pakistani fielding leaves a lot to be desired

Quick Reply

Latest