The Student Room Group

How can I revise over the summer?

I just finished off my first year in college and found biology very hard to keep up with. I got a D in my mock and wasn't very happy with it because I need at least a B to go into the university and do the course I want to. Throughout the year I only revised the basics but now I want to revise and go over everything we learnt the past year.
Has anyone got any ideas of how I can plan out my revision and revise all the topics over the summer?
And also how I can stay motivated (I get easily distracted).
Set a target of how long you want to spend each day, say 1 hour. Then divide your topics up into content you think you can cover in on hour, and then add these 1 hour bocks into each day This will save you having to decide what your going to revise each day and will hopefully make it more manageable so that you stick to it. In terms of how to revise i'd say use the spec and make really concise notes from a revision guide so that you have all the content down then start past papers if you want.
Reply 2
use youtube videos like khan academy if the textbook is confusing you and just try and give yourself targets and test your knowledge as well like set yourself questions to answer .....l flopped my bio mock last year ( got a U ) but luckily i could just drop it cause i was already doing 5 subjects lolol ... hopefully you achieve your uni goals mate :biggrin:
Original post by HopelessMedic
Set a target of how long you want to spend each day, say 1 hour. Then divide your topics up into content you think you can cover in on hour, and then add these 1 hour bocks into each day This will save you having to decide what your going to revise each day and will hopefully make it more manageable so that you stick to it. In terms of how to revise i'd say use the spec and make really concise notes from a revision guide so that you have all the content down then start past papers if you want.

thank you!! Thats helped a lot
Original post by fefssdf
use youtube videos like khan academy if the textbook is confusing you and just try and give yourself targets and test your knowledge as well like set yourself questions to answer .....l flopped my bio mock last year ( got a U ) but luckily i could just drop it cause i was already doing 5 subjects lolol ... hopefully you achieve your uni goals mate :biggrin:

thanks
You shouldn't use your Summer break to revise as it is meant to be a time to give your brain a rest from all that as you are entitled to a bit of down time as well as to put those text books and study aids aside and have a bit of fun
Original post by sharkbate633
You shouldn't use your Summer break to revise as it is meant to be a time to give your brain a rest from all that as you are entitled to a bit of down time as well as to put those text books and study aids aside and have a bit of fun

True but if I don't revise I'll be screwed. And its not like I'll be revising 24/7 just a bit should be okay :smile:

Quick Reply