The Student Room Group

Think a girl is out of your league? Think again!

So you think certain girls are out of your league?

Why? Is it because you think they’re too “hot” for you? Too smart? Too sophisticated? Or do you just think you could never have a chance with a girl who looks*"that*"good?

Believe it or not, I’m here to tell you otherwise. No girl is out of your league. If you’re a decent guy who treats women well, you should have more confidence than that.

For a woman it’s flattering if any man approaches her. And as a direct dating coach, I’m telling you that most men don’t approach girls they find attractive .*In many cases, if a girl is interested in a guy they find attractive, they usually have to approach him. Why is this? I’ve*asked around and the answers astounded me.

Most guys I know tell me that it’s actually because they’re intimidated (gasp!). Of a girl?! I ask. Why? They say that the number one reason they don’t approach a good-looking woman is because they think she’s out of their league. That’s ridiculous. And both of you can lose out that way. Here’s my point....

You have a 50/50 shot of getting the girl’s number. But that’s only IF you ask for it.

Most girls are open to giving a guy their number just because he had the balls to approach them and ask for it. A real man goes after what he wants, and women like that. And so do a lot of women I know.

So get the idea out of your head that she’s too good for you when you haven’t even spoken to her yet. Maybe you’ll go up to her and discover she’s not good enough for you. Either way, finding out is better than wondering"what if."

So put on your big boy boxers (or briefs) and go up to her already.

If you find yourself attracted to a woman, and she glances at you, chances are she is attracted to you too and*"wants"*you to approach her.

If you get a little smile, that’s a GREEN light!*How do men miss this signal?!*They flash it as obviously as they can. But most of the times, the guy stays put. And then they'rere left thinking he just*wasn’t*that interested.

It all starts with ‘hello’ guys.
Just one simple word. Hi.

So if you’re feeling*froggy*then leap. Nothing’s better than when a girl sees a guy she's interested in and he aactually follows through with a greeting. It opens the door for communication. Even though things have changed when it comes to dating, thanks to technology (not), most women prefer the traditional route. They think if he's interested, he’ll try. So when you don’t, well, girls get the hint.

What’s the worst that could happen?
She gives you a fake number? Tells you she has a boyfriend? Politely declines your advance?

Most “hot” girls are more down to earth than you think. And even more have insecurities of their own.

So either way, your approach will be flattering and endearing. And it will make you ten times more of a man than the rest of them who don’t say anything at all.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Move along Dickens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nk802

For a woman it’s flattering if any man approaches her.

Really don't like this phrasing and what it insinuates. I think that if someone wants to take this advice they should first attempt to read the body language of the person they're approaching. Some women would rather be left alone and this can be seen clearly in their body language and the way they act. Don't just assume it's ok to approach a woman, it might be more terrifying than flattering depending on the woman.
Get lost
This thread is aids. The league tables exists *rightly* for a reason. People who say this are generally in the championship or lower. Good looking people get with other good looking people, ugly people get with ugly people. It's not hard.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
This thread is aids. The league tables exists *rightly* for a reason. People who say this are generally in the championship or lower. Good looking people get with other good looking people, ugly people get with ugly people. It's not hard.

Neg rep
Original post by RickmanAlways
Neg rep

Truth hurts does it?
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Truth hurts does it?

You? talking truth? Its the personality that counts not the looks i know plenty of unatractive people that are with pretty people.
You? talking truth? Its the personality that counts not the looks I know plenty of unattractive people that are with pretty people.

I have to agree with you on this
I would call myself unattractive
however I attract the most attractive women
I have caused a lot of envy amongst other social groups I was in
I don't even try
i put my success down to talk, charisma and personality traits
Original post by jamesthehustler
I have to agree with you on this
I would call myself unattractive
however I attract the most attractive women
I have caused a lot of envy amongst other social groups I was in
I don't even try
i put my success down to talk, charisma and personality traits

Spoiler

How did you derive the 50/50 chance thing, my probability is rusty so this might be of use

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

it is a hustle when you do it once but when the Mercedes is bought by the hustle as well as the other luxuries
Reply 12
This post is largely nonsense. I don't think leagues are firm things, attractiveness can be about appearance, personality and interaction and I never been intimidated, perhaps foolhardily, to try my luck with very attractive girls. To suggest approaching unknown girls with confidence, independent of their looks even, will result in a 50% success rate is highly unlikely. And there is no doubt either that very pretty girls are difficult to go out with, just because they have so much more choice.
No. If you're not good looking and relatively well off, you're not getting any good pussy.
foo.mp3
Tells you she has a boyfriend?

Tell her "contrats", ignore it, and keep on vibeing

What? Have I read that correctly? Are you seriously encouraging men to not back off if a woman says she has a boyfriend?
You? talking truth? Its the personality that counts not the looks i know plenty of unatractive people that are with pretty people.

Of course personality counts, but why would an attractive person choose someone who's not attractive with a good personality over someone who is equally attractive who also has a good personality? Nice anecdotal evidence vs swaths of evidence btw.
but humans are all ugly? I don't get how they can date each other in the first place ......................................................
Reply 17
I think he makes sense, personality matters a lot. I don't have a particular interest in looks as long as the girl is quite funny and the bants makes the atmosphere calm. *as long as she has good hygiene and pretty good dress sense then that's completely great*

If the girl has a BF and politely declines that's not a problem, move on as there are plenty more fish in the sea. I find it quite pathetic that most people on here (males) are slating the OP saying that you need to have particular wealth and looks. They are things that are ADDED but you can't buy personality.

Don't let the media dictate that you should back off from approaching a girl. That's a radicalist feminist attitude and it shows you are a weak beta who gets walked on like a mat by women. Don't be that please!!

Use your initiative, to get good grades you need to put the work in - this logic applies to the pulling game. If one fails, move on - it's not the end of the world. She's human, like you so would understand.

Never, ever make it like it's an impossible game, or you'll be stuck in the same position for a very, very long time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by nk802
So you think certain girls are out of your league?

Why? Is it because you think they’re too “hot” for you? Too smart? Too sophisticated? Or do you just think you could never have a chance with a girl who looks*"that*"good?

Believe it or not, I’m here to tell you otherwise. No girl is out of your league. If you’re a decent guy who treats women well, you should have more confidence than that.

For a woman it’s flattering if any man approaches her. And as a direct dating coach, I’m telling you that most men don’t approach girls they find attractive .*In many cases, if a girl is interested in a guy they find attractive, they usually have to approach him. Why is this? I’ve*asked around and the answers astounded me.

Most guys I know tell me that it’s actually because they’re intimidated (gasp!). Of a girl?! I ask. Why? They say that the number one reason they don’t approach a good-looking woman is because they think she’s out of their league. That’s ridiculous. And both of you can lose out that way. Here’s my point....

You have a 50/50 shot of getting the girl’s number. But that’s only IF you ask for it.

Most girls are open to giving a guy their number just because he had the balls to approach them and ask for it. A real man goes after what he wants, and women like that. And so do a lot of women I know.

So get the idea out of your head that she’s too good for you when you haven’t even spoken to her yet. Maybe you’ll go up to her and discover she’s not good enough for you. Either way, finding out is better than wondering"what if."

So put on your big boy boxers (or briefs) and go up to her already.

If you find yourself attracted to a woman, and she glances at you, chances are she is attracted to you too and*"wants"*you to approach her.

If you get a little smile, that’s a GREEN light!*How do men miss this signal?!*They flash it as obviously as they can. But most of the times, the guy stays put. And then they'rere left thinking he just*wasn’t*that interested.

It all starts with ‘hello’ guys.
Just one simple word. Hi.

So if you’re feeling*froggy*then leap. Nothing’s better than when a girl sees a guy she's interested in and he aactually follows through with a greeting. It opens the door for communication. Even though things have changed when it comes to dating, thanks to technology (not), most women prefer the traditional route. They think if he's interested, he’ll try. So when you don’t, well, girls get the hint.

What’s the worst that could happen?
She gives you a fake number? Tells you she has a boyfriend? Politely declines your advance?

Most “hot” girls are more down to earth than you think. And even more have insecurities of their own.

So either way, your approach will be flattering and endearing. And it will make you ten times more of a man than the rest of them who don’t say anything at all.

You are delusional.... or just some silly dating coach trying to make a profit from desperate lil' virgin nerds.*
I've just taken my bigboy pants off :colondollar: It's so hot rn
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending