The Student Room Group

Do your parents compliment you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I guess parents have different ways to express their love.

:rofl: I'm so use to it
Reply 21
Original post by 34908seikj
For me it's more If I'm not studying [during the ****ing summer] or staying up late [during the ****ing summer] etc... smh I'm not even Chinese.

lmao they expect you to study during the summer holidays? :rofl: Maybe mine aren't so bad after all...
if 'you're so moody and negative' is a compliment then yeh :ahee:
I'm asian. I rest my case.
Original post by DonnaN
I think that's weird. Why not just tell that in person.
BTW, I love Superwoman haha

I agree! I love her too.. Did you watch her video with the Rock? 😳😳
Original post by saraxh
:rofl: I'm so use to it

Same here
if 'you're so moody and negative' is a compliment then yeh :ahee:

😂 ahaha
Original post by fandom-queen
I'm asian. I rest my case.

Same here!
Never have, and probably never will. :smile:
Reply 29
They tell me I'm less ugly than I was 5 years ago. That helps
Reply 30
does 'what the hell are you doing with your life' count
One girl on my Facebook gets comments from her Dad usually on her pictures.. Complimenting how she looks etc. I find it slightly creepy probably because mine never compliment me LOL. It's the same with nearly most of my relatives and friends etc.

I'm Sikh girl with Indian parents, they rarely ever compliment me. If you watch iisuperwomanii (parent) videos you'll understand 😂

Looool, same here I can relate to superwoman, she's hilarious, and so is JusReign he deserves more subscribers!
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Never have, and probably never will. :smile:

Same lol!
Original post by UWS
They tell me I'm less ugly than I was 5 years ago. That helps

😂😭
Original post by ivy.98
does 'what the hell are you doing with your life' count

Of course, it's the best compliment in the world! 👌🏼
Original post by ArchmageRohan
Looool, same here I can relate to superwoman, she's hilarious, and so is JusReign he deserves more subscribers!

I don't watch JusReign tbh, did you watch Superwomans "every fight with my parents?" Literally story of my life 📖😂
Original post by Sisuphos
She's read Dweck.

Actually, she hasn't! But I have recently read 'Mindset' by Dweck and I was comforted by the fact that my mum's parenting style has unconsciously tended towards encouraging the growth mindset. I did try to persuade her to read my copy but unfortunately she tends to dismiss self help books out of hand. Still, I don't think she would have gained anything from it as she seems to have the right ideas already.
Reply 37
My parents compliment me a bit but as they are south asian I get roasted about 5 times a day. 90% of overall conversation is them saying what a failure I am and that *insert friend's son/daughter* is doing much better than you. :rofl:

Spoiler

Original post by umar39
My parents compliment me a bit but as they are south asian I get roasted about 5 times a day. 90% of overall conversation is them saying what a failure I am and that *insert friend's son/daughter* is doing much better than you. :rofl:

Spoiler

This is so true! Until I tell my Mum what that "person" has been up to and she shuts up 😂😂
One girl on my Facebook gets comments from her Dad usually on her pictures.. Complimenting how she looks etc. I find it slightly creepy probably because mine never compliment me LOL. It's the same with nearly most of my relatives and friends etc.

I'm Sikh girl with Indian parents, they rarely ever compliment me. If you watch iisuperwomanii (parent) videos you'll understand 😂

daddy complex?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending