The Student Room Group

Rebound relationships

What do you think about rebound relationships? Does it help you move on from your ex?
No. Just kind of makes you feel guilty, alone and horrible.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
No. Just kind of makes you feel guilty, alone and horrible.

Have you experienced a rebound relationship? Could you explain in more detail please
Reply 3
helped me :smile:
wasnt hard getting over him, but he was in jail for 9 months before i ended it so for me, the rebound was for the sex.
fyi, before anyone jumps on me, i knew the person i slept with so shh
See I disagree. I think people may judge you for saying it but rebound relationships do work for some. It can help you forget about a previous relationship and you could really start to fall for the new partner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by shawtyb
helped me :smile:
wasnt hard getting over him, but he was in jail for 9 months before i ended it so for me, the rebound was for the sex.
fyi, before anyone jumps on me, i knew the person i slept with so shh

Oh, see he was in jail that's probably why!
Reply 6
Oh, see he was in jail that's probably why!

the 9 months was only a small part of his sentance as well!
but yh its a long time without sex
Reply 7
Original post by kiera28
See I disagree. I think people may judge you for saying it but rebound relationships do work for some. It can help you forget about a previous relationship and you could really start to fall for the new partner.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it depends on many factors. How good the prior relationship was, how long you were together and emotions wise. If it was a **** relationship and short lived then it'll be easy to move on.

It also depends on why you broke up in the first place and if its fixable.
Reply 8
Original post by shawtyb
the 9 months was only a small part of his sentance as well!
but yh its a long time without sex

Do you still talk to him?
Reply 9
Do you still talk to him?

nope
Have you experienced a rebound relationship? Could you explain in more detail please

Well I went to someone for a rebound and I was also somebodies rebound.Being somebody else's rebound was awful because I thought we could really go somewhere but I was just a way for him to get over his ex. I legit felt so unwanted and horrible. We still talk but I can tell he still really misses her. I actually really do love him but I guess we're just friends.

Having a rebound was ok. But personally, I felt really guilty that I had been with someone else even though we had broken up. I don't talk to that guy anymore, I wouldn't want to either. I wouldn't do it again. Just break out the ice cream next time.
Well I went to someone for a rebound and I was also somebodies rebound.Being somebody else's rebound was awful because I thought we could really go somewhere but I was just a way for him to get over his ex. I legit felt so unwanted and horrible. We still talk but I can tell he still really misses her. I actually really do love him but I guess we're just friends.

Having a rebound was ok. But personally, I felt really guilty that I had been with someone else even though we had broken up. I don't talk to that guy anymore, I wouldn't want to either. I wouldn't do it again. Just break out the ice cream next time.

Honestly, this may sound cynical but rebounds never work out. They're usually to keep someone occupied and busy.. It's missguided attempt to move on. When in reality all you want to do is crawl back to your ex. However, your pride stops you from doing that.

Are there any signs he gave you that made you realise you're being used as a rebound?
Honestly, this may sound cynical but rebounds never work out. They're usually to keep someone occupied and busy.. It's missguided attempt to move on. When in reality all you want to do is crawl back to your ex. However, your pride stops you from doing that.

Are there any signs he gave you that made you realise you're being used as a rebound?

Haha I thought it would help me move on when I did it myself but nope, just made me miss him more. The sex with the rebound was rubbish!!

I don't know, we talked and talked had sex then he kind of changed his attitude towards me? Then made it perfectly clear that nothing 'further' was ever going to happen between us. We're still friends now, we still talk everyday and we're quite close but it kind of breaks my heart. I really like him but I guess I just keep him occupied. His friends were his ex's friends so she took them with her so I guess I'm here for him to talk to?
Haha I thought it would help me move on when I did it myself but nope, just made me miss him more. The sex with the rebound was rubbish!!

I don't know, we talked and talked had sex then he kind of changed his attitude towards me? Then made it perfectly clear that nothing 'further' was ever going to happen between us. We're still friends now, we still talk everyday and we're quite close but it kind of breaks my heart. I really like him but I guess I just keep him occupied. His friends were his ex's friends so she took them with her so I guess I'm here for him to talk to?

I agree. How long were you in your "rebound relationship?"
I think if you're out of a relationship you're gonna have a rebound whether it's a rebound sh*g or a rebound relationship. Personally, I'd want to get him out of my system before committing to someone else in a relationship that involves more than sex, I wouldn't want to be with someone and put them through that knowing I want to be with someone else or vice versa.
I agree. How long were you in your "rebound relationship?"
#

The one I initiated about 2 weeks... not long at all.

The one the guy initiated from April till now really? We had sex in May and haven't seen him since but we still talk every day so I guess its still going!

The one I initiated about 2 weeks... not long at all.

The one the guy initiated from April till now really? We had sex in May and haven't seen him since but we still talk every day so I guess its still going!

Edit: Tbh, I guess I class it more of a friendship now rather than a rebound.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending