The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
hey I'm thinking of downloading pokemon go to play on my walk to work ; any advice guys ??

Doooooo it :colonhash:
Anyone else getting the 'unable to authenticate' error when trying to log in? Safari is fine but the app won't let me in ;(
Original post by .sophia
Anyone else getting the 'unable to authenticate' error when trying to log in? Safari is fine but the app won't let me in ;(

Unfortunately not but the server might be overloaded which might be why the app is not letting you log in. How long have you had the issue?
Original post by Ed Phelan
Unfortunately not but the server might be overloaded which might be why the app is not letting you log in. How long have you had the issue?

It lasted a few hours but all is fine now - thanks!
been playing pokemon firered on my way to work on the tube on a gba emulator on my phone. Awesome game.
Original post by Aph
I just acidently trashed an incense when trying to use it :bawling:

What do you mean 'trashed'? You can't exactly delete it. Or did you just use it by mistake?
I just evolved drowzee and eevee
Got a vaporeon and a hypno (cp 278, 599 respectiveley)
feeling pretty: :colondollar: rn XD
oh yh and oddish went to gloom and its visually disturbing
i do not reccomend it :rofl:
Reply 888
Original post by 34908seikj
What do you mean 'trashed'? You can't exactly delete it. Or did you just use it by mistake?

You can delete it!!! There is a little trash can icon which lets you delete it.
Caught a jigglypuff never have i been so proud of myself before xD hahaha
I can't get my app to work anymore :frown: Shows up with my character surrounded by what appears to be a blue ocean and 'GPS not found' I've checked all my settings and I'm meant to be going on a trek tomorrow :frown: If anyone has a solution let me know please
I have another dumbass n00b question:

Is it better to power up pokemon to the maximum and then evolve them or vice versa (or does it not make any difference)? (I'd assume the former?)
Original post by Aph
You can delete it!!! There is a little trash can icon which lets you delete it.

Wow I didn't know that. That sucks lol.
Original post by PQ
I have another dumbass n00b question:

Is it better to power up pokemon to the maximum and then evolve them or vice versa (or does it not make any difference)? (I'd assume the former?)

It's better to save up the stardust and not use any; just mass evolve with a magic egg to level up quickly.

Once you hit level ~20 then start to level them up. Since the higher level you are the high CP pokemon you tend to catch, therefore those higher CP pokemon you caught will make your *****y level 10 powered up Pokemon which you spent all your stardust on redundant.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I can't get my app to work anymore :frown: Shows up with my character surrounded by what appears to be a blue ocean and 'GPS not found' I've checked all my settings and I'm meant to be going on a trek tomorrow :frown: If anyone has a solution let me know please

Sure you got your settings right? It usually gives that message if it can't get an accurate reading or can't connect to the GPS. You need to make sure it's on and set on high accuracy. If those are already the settings, I would try restarting the phone
Original post by Devify
Sure you got your settings right? It usually gives that message if it can't get an accurate reading or can't connect to the GPS. You need to make sure it's on and set on high accuracy. If those are already the settings, I would try restarting the phone

Thanks mate that sorted it! Awesome :biggrin:
Original post by 34908seikj
It's better to save up the stardust and not use any; just mass evolve with a magic egg to level up quickly.

Once you hit level ~20 then start to level them up. Since the higher level you are the high CP pokemon you tend to catch, therefore those higher CP pokemon you caught will make your *****y level 10 powered up Pokemon which you spent all your stardust on redundant.

You could go one further and not use any until level 30. At level 30 you hit the maximum capture CP for wild Pokemon, so levelling anymore won't affect the CP of your new Pokemon.

Of course, saving it all until level 30 is the issue :tongue:.
Original post by Architecture-er
Chin up! Whilst you're leveling you want more of those candies anyway :biggrin:

I'm already level 20 😄.

I've seen Doduo, Lapras, Growlithe, Cubone and the Pokemon Seel evolves into nearby in the last 24 hours and haven't been able to find any of them 🙄.

I've also hatched a Squirtle, Nidoran, 2 Ponyta and a Sandshrew in the last couple of days. I already had all of them but at least I was able to evolve Squirtle and Sandshrew (although their attacks are so weak 😟).
(edited 7 years ago)
My 10km egg is on 7.5/10. Hope it's something decent!
Original post by rayquaza17
My 10km egg is on 7.5/10. Hope it's something decent!

Im on 8.3/10, getting close now

Quick Reply