The Student Room Group

Do your parents compliment you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
This is so true! Until I tell my Mum what that "person" has been up to and she shuts up 😂😂

Relatable af!!

Spoiler

My sisters compliment me a lot as we don't live together and get along well, my mum and dad compliment my behaviour like how good I am, intelligence and sometimes my mum tells me I'm pretty but thats it tbh. I think its good to compliment your kids.
[QUOTE=timebent;66550742]daddy complex?

Can you explain?
Reply 43
My parents never have anything positive to say to me. Every single day they always mention hoe useless I am, or how I am terrible at something. (=_=)

The only times they compliment me is when they don't talk to me when we are eating dinner (since every time we are, they roast me).
Reply 44
I do get compliments (I am not sure why one would never?).....even if they don't openly, parents love their children and see them as good somehow (I hope)......I love my parents. But then they care tooooo much about me.
Original post by 34908seikj
No lol, all I do is get criticised by my mum, I don't mind too much since I know she just wants the best for me. While my father doesn't critic me like mum does, I don't exactly get compliments from him either :biggrin:

Sad :emo: Mr Fashionable deserves compliments. :biggrin:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Sad :emo: Mr Fashionable deserves compliments. :biggrin:

:frown: All you do is abuse me... I think?
Original post by Anonymous
Can you explain?

she wants to **** her dad?

gets dad to compliment her?
:frown: All you do is abuse me... I think?

:redface: No!
Original post by timebent
she wants to **** her dad?

gets dad to compliment her?

:lolwut:
:redface: No!

:u:
:lolwut:

tis what a daddy complex is
Original post by timebent
tis what a daddy complex is

But if your dad compliments you. He eww doesnt want ewww :redface:
:u:

:redface: Honestly

What if...
What if...

???????????????????????????????? :colone: Keep your thoughts in your head where it belongs!

lol

Any way i hate my dad so no problem with me it's be pretty gay if i had a daddy complex....
???????????????????????????????? :colone: Keep your thoughts in your head where it belongs!

What are you talking about? You're crazy.
[QUOTE=idontknowmedoyou;66550796]My sisters compliment me a lot as we don't live together and get along well, my mum and dad compliment my behaviour like how good I am, intelligence and sometimes my mum tells me I'm pretty but thats it tbh. I think its good to compliment your kids.

That's good! A lot of Asian parents don't compliment their kids lmao
Oh okay, thanks guys.. I now know what "daddy complex" means. Ew, just ee. Fml man.

Quick Reply

Latest